GOG Spring Sale begins today and includes free demos of 20 upcoming games

gog_spring_sale.jpg

To celebrate the start of a new season, GOG is launching its Spring Sale starting today which includes over 3,000 game deals with up to 92% discount on selected titles. Some of CD Projekt Red's own titles are discounted with 20% off Cyberpunk 2077 and up to 85% off some of The Witcher games.

The Spring Sale also includes deals on the highlighted collections below:
  • Evergreen Titles with classic games like Diggles: The Myth of Fenris (-33%) and Warcraft I & II Bundle (-15%).
  • Bestsellers Collection with games renowned around the world such as Dead Cells (-30%) and the Shadowrun Trilogy (-75%).
  • RPG Collection includes great games like Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition (-50%) and Torment: Tides of Numenera (-75%).
  • Strategies Collection with engaging games such as BATTLETECH (-75%) and Europa Universalis III Complete (-75%).
  • Deepest Discounts with fun, challenging titles like Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun (-90%) and XCOM 2 (-92%).
  • Breathtaking Views with games set in beautiful landscapes, such as The Falconeer (-20%) and Mount & Blade: Warband (-75%).
  • Fresh Indies consists of games booming with creativity, like Beat Cop (-80%) and This War of Mine (-75%).
  • Take a Virtual Walk with walking simulators such as Among the Sleep - Enhanced Edition (-75%) and LOST EMBER (-50%).
  • Brave New Worlds includes games set in outer space, like Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak (-90%) and Master of Orion 3 (-50%).
While there is no giveaway this time like with GOG's Winter Sale, the online storefront is offering the Soon to Bloom collection which features more than 20 demos of upcoming titles such as Backbone, Dorfromantik, Kathy Rain: Director's Cut, System Shock, The Tenants - Free Trial, Timberborn, and more.

GOG's Spring Sale runs until April 5th, 2021, at 1 PM UTC.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's Xanadu Next time! I'm also considering rebuying all the Falcom stuff I have on Steam to truly own them free of DRM and other such nonsense.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Who really bothers with demos anymore, anyway? Don't we all have gigantic backlogs that will probably keep us busy until we die? Why download a 3 GB demo for an hour or two of gameplay when in a few months you can buy the full game for five bucks and then never download or play it at all?

Reactions: Taleweaver

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You know the pandemic is getting to you when...

... Walking simulators start to sound like interesting games.
Side note, I always find the term “free demo” to just sound weird to me. Aren’t demoes supposed to be free or did I miss something? :unsure:
Erm... On a technical level, you're absolutely right. But with so many video games being out there, marketing is everything.
Allow me to demonstrate...

Me : 'hey guys! My upcoming 'hello world' project is now live. Here's a demo that will output 'hello' to your screen. :)
Gbatemp : *yaaaaaawn*

Alternative me : guys! Here's an exclusive sneak peak of my upcoming mystery project codenamed 'awesome sauce'. There'll be a temporary 100% discount on the early access beta project, so if you're willing to step up to the task of being an exclusive tester I might just grant you access before the lesser gamers can get their pawns on it.
Gbatemp : OMG OMG OMGGGGGGGGeeeeee!!! :hrth::hrth::hrth::hrth:

DoctorBagPhD

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
To be honest after GOG rolled over for the CCP and backtracked on selling Devotion I've little interest in supporting them.

Xinnie the Pooh can suck it.
lqDFDXXvfqMs7kyQ9y1FrGcQzdCE23uMPlcxFqo_oYE.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill