Hacking Beta Acekard 2i 3DS update for 4.3.10-U

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
I've come to the conclusion that My Acekard is dead. Sad news as it lasted me a good 2 or 3 years without incident. I think I'll save up for a Supercard now.
If you have a spare DS flash cart available would it not be possible to reflash the Acekard 2i firmware by running the DS Lite update file?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've come to the conclusion that My Acekard is dead. Sad news as it lasted me a good 2 or 3 years without incident. I think I'll save up for a Supercard now.
If you have a spare DS flash cart available would it not be possible to reflash the Acekard 2i firmware by running the DS Lite update file?
The update files themselves are stored in the RAM of the console the moment the binary boots - one flashcart can be used to "upgrade" another, so yes, the "bricked" Acekards are indeed unbrickable. The upgrade binary itself asks the user to remove the cart used for booting the upgrade and insert the cart that's meant to be upgraded and gives you the option to "upgrade another cart" after it finishes the process.

SoulSteal7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the update readme is rather vague, though maybe im just dense or havent done this for a while. it says to put the correct file into the root of the memory stick which i did. and yet when i put it in my 3ds XL to run the update im still getting the prince caspian symbol from a few months back and when i try to run it it shuts down my system with an error message. is there a specific place im supposed to put the update file that im not doing or maybe a step im leaving out?

PJM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have HWID 44, so I'm out of luck for now. I don't mind waiting though, I just dusted my card off yesterday. I could use it on my DSL, but now that I have a 3DS XL, I can't look at those small screens.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have HWID 44, so I'm out of luck for now. I don't mind waiting though, I just dusted my card off yesterday. I could use it on my DSL, but now that I have a 3DS XL, I can't look at those small screens.
What are you 'waiting' for? An update for HW44? I hope you aren't waiting for that.

Littledood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I'm reading most of this correctly, the beta allows 3DS games to be played on the acekard 2i?
You're reading it wrong, the beta allows Acekard 2i owners to boot their flashcarts on the latest firmware.

Mmm, mkay. So, if you wouldn't mind telling me, what is the advantage to using the latest firmware? My brother has usually done the updating and all that, and I've never really payed attention.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So if I'm reading most of this correctly, the beta allows 3DS games to be played on the acekard 2i?
You're reading it wrong, the beta allows Acekard 2i owners to boot their flashcarts on the latest firmware.

Mmm, mkay. So, if you wouldn't mind telling me, what is the advantage to using the latest firmware? My brother has usually done the updating and all that, and I've never really payed attention.
To play the latest 3DS games, you obviously need the latest firmware that supports them - among other advantages. ;)

Littledood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

To play the latest 3DS games, you obviously need the latest firmware that supports them - among other advantages. ;)

That's what I thought, but if it doesn't play the 3DS games, it's just the "other advanteges" that this is good for?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That's what I thought, but if it doesn't play the 3DS games, it's just the "other advanteges" that this is good for?
The Acekard 2i flashcart was designed with DS-Mode in mind. A 3DS cartridge has a slightly different hardware and a completely different binary structure. In other words, it will never play 3DS games, sorry. There currently isn't a flashcart that plays 3DS games, and nobody knows if there ever will be one - a custom firmware simply sounds better. ;)

Littledood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Acekard 2i flashcart was designed with DS-Mode in mind. A 3DS cartridge has a slightly different hardware and a completely different binary structure. In other words, it will never play 3DS games, sorry. There currently is no flashcart that plays 3DS games, and nobody knows if there ever will be one - a custom firmware simply sounds better. ;)

OK, thanks for the help.

PJM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What are you 'waiting' for? An update for HW44? I hope you aren't waiting for that.
Taken from the readme:

This update file DOES NOT support AK2i whose HWID is '44' temporarily

And as far as I know, my card supports a 3DS on 4.2, so what makes you think they are choosing to stop at the last firmware and not update for this one? Or are you saying that it will just take longer? Sorry if my post sounds rude, I'm just curious.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's a beta - a proof-of-concept version, of course it doesn't have full support for all Acekard designs. It was only compiled to check if everything's in working order, and from the reports so-far we know that it's not fool-proof. I'm sure a HWID44-compatible version will surface, give the devs some time for a proper release. ;)

Team Acekard was always on-top of their game, so did the AKAIO Team, even if sometimes they were a tad late. I'm sure there's no reason to doubt them now.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I just updated with the beta version and everything went fine.I downgraded AKAIO to 1.8.9 and put the update in a folder and I had no problems at all.
But I am really curious if all of us who used the beta update would have any problem to update again once the official update released...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: