Hacking Beta Acekard 2i 3DS update for 4.3.10-U

deakphreak

Spiffy Hacks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to the beta and its working fine on my 3DS XL and DSL. Its nice to be able to finally connect to the store and download some demo's

klim28

Hunter4Life
Trophies
XP
Country
I have 2 updated acekard2i. I'm having problem running those 2 acekards on my JP unit 3DS. Its not even showing on the main menu. But they are running fine on my DSlite, DSi, and US 3DS. Can't find an answer anywhere.

Mentalpen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have 2 updated acekard2i. I'm having problem running those 2 acekards on my JP unit 3DS. Its not even showing on the main menu. But they are running fine on my DSlite, DSi, and US 3DS. Can't find an answer anywhere.

contact issue?

have you tried sliding a thin bit of card behind the circuit board contacts to raise them?

it is one of the soloutions to the problem and or putting the card in and without pressing down to get it out, try pulling up on it as if you were trying to pull it out.

my2k2zx2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it safe to do this update my AK2i with my DS Lite? I've got a 3ds (aqua blue) coming next week but have no idea which firmware it will have.

steve007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crap why is this not working I got the sheep (?) icon on my ak2i why >_< gerr .....

( Dorasu Icon )

Now I get An Error has accured. Press and hold the power button to turn off the system please refer to the operation manual for detail's

Do I need to update my system to fix the icon (?) I am so confused !

deakphreak

Spiffy Hacks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it safe to do this update my AK2i with my DS Lite? I've got a 3ds (aqua blue) coming next week but have no idea which firmware it will have.

Yeah, I updated my AK2i with my DS Lite and it still runs fine on the DS Lite. I then ran the update through my wireless on the 3DS XL to 4.3.10-U and plugged my AK2i into my 3DS and it works just fine.

xanthux

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, this is bad news... users report that the new 3DS update (4.4.0-10) blocks this beta firmware. So maybe another month of waiting? >_>

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country

contact issue?

have you tried sliding a thin bit of card behind the circuit board contacts to raise them?

it is one of the soloutions to the problem and or putting the card in and without pressing down to get it out, try pulling up on it as if you were trying to pull it out.
JP 3DS might be blocking the US DS cart that it detects. I have no idea if JP 3DS blocks every non-JP DS cart you plug in it, but it may be blocking that specific one. I know there's no region-lock on DS games, only on DSi-enabled games, but this might be on the JP 3DS side.

Rather far-fetched assumption on my part though.

Leykis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I sold my DSi XL back in February but I kept my Acekard. I just recently ordered a 3DS XL from Amazon and want to be able to use my Acekard with it. Am I screwed here since I won't be able to update the card on the 3DS XL?

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Hey guys, I sold my DSi XL back in February but I kept my Acekard. I just recently ordered a 3DS XL from Amazon and want to be able to use my Acekard with it. Am I screwed here since I won't be able to update the card on the 3DS XL?
No, prob not because it'll ship with < 4.4.0-10. The acekard currently runs with up to 4.3.0-10.
If its used, you may be hosed if the owner updated.

If you haven't updated the acekards bootloader in a while you may be hosed anyway. You would probably need the Deep Labyrinth icon at least.
Gonna have to borrow a dslite. :D

Leykis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, prob not because it'll ship with < 4.4.0-10. The acekard currently runs with up to 4.3.0-10.
If its used, you may be hosed if the owner updated.

If you haven't updated the acekards bootloader in a while you may be hosed anyway. You would probably need the Deep Labyrinth icon at least.
Gonna have to borrow a dslite. :D

Yeah that sucks. I don't know anyone with a DS. I did order the 3DS XL new, though.

I believe the icon when I last used it was Dorasu.

What would you recommend? Buy a new card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?