Acekard 2i on ds lite - “system file missing” error?

Schtexhiiiord257

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found an old DS Lite in a box while moving.

It has an acekard 2i in it. When I load it up on my ds lite it says “pippa funnel” as the name of the game. There was no Micro SD card in it.

I tried to load up AKAIO 1.9. Installation seems straight forward. Two directories on the root of a freshly formatted micro sd.

I have been trying all night. Old versions and new versions and upgrade files and everything else and nothing works.

I get a brief “loading” text display followed by “system file missing” error each time.

Is there something wrong with the hardware maybe? It’s all I can think of. I’ve literally formatted 3 cards and tried a whole bunch of files and none seem to work.

Sorry to bring up old software and old hardware.

What I’ve tried

Reformatting multiple microsd cards using the sd academy format tool or whatever it’s called

AKAIO 1.9 and 1.89 both seeing if there was a bug in the newest release

It’s gotta be hardware related right ? Is the sd card reader not working right? Am I using too big of a card? I only have 64gb microsd. Can I force it to reformat as a lower capacity if this is the issue?

I can’t figure out what else I could possibly be doing wrong, it seems so straight forward.

Edit I figured it out. 64gb was too big. Went into disk management in windows, deleted the partition, created a new simple partition fat32 12000mb. I bet it’s got to be under 16gb or something? Anyway leaving this up for the future. If you have issues try a smaller card or just hack around like I did

Last edited by Schtexhiiiord257,

bbking67

FAMILY FIRST
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You might be able to use the 64GB MicroSD. Download SD Card Formatter ad format it with that. Windows won't format true FAT32 for larger sd cards but the app will. I think Windows forces exFAT which will not work.

Here is the link to the app https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/

Also I have read that it's sometimes important to select the "CHS Format Size Adjustment" option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto