Best Discs for Burning Backups?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by kthnxshwn, Feb 27, 2012.

Feb 27, 2012
  1. kthnxshwn
    OP

Banned kthnxshwn Banned

United States
    I've had a modded 360 for a few years now, but I haven't played it in about 2 years. I remember awhile ago the best option for back ups was Verbatim discs and was wondering if this is still the case for newer drives and newer schemes of backing up? I figured it wouldn't really matter as long as I got one good rip of a game and proceeded to copy it to my HD, but I'm not entirely sure.

2. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    If you want to burn XGD3 games then you'll want to continue using Verb's in my opinion.

I never had problems with those discs.
    Besides the dye is far more consistent around the edges (where the last few MB of the new disc format is placed)

3. jonesman99

Member jonesman99 GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid

United States
    Either Verbatims or Memorexs. I say Verbatims because they are very high in quality as far as burning. I also say Memorexs because that have almost the same high quality, just at a cheaper price than the Verbatims. I also heard of Windata discs which are the cheapest, but I don't have any info regarding their quality. For those check here: microcenter.com. They have them at a cheap price.

4. kthnxshwn
    OP

Banned kthnxshwn Banned

United States
    Hmm, thanks guys. I'll probably pick up 5 packs of Verbatims as the time goes on. Also, do you know the names of any software needed to burn discs? If you know about Mac apps, that'd be useful too. Thanks.

5. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    I have no idea if IMGBurn is for mac but it realy is the only good one out there.
    Especially with the new XGD3 format.