Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Motoko said:
OK, so I updated the IOS.

Tried the followin so far:

Metroid 3:
Working well, loading times with the doors seem to have reduced, I actually had the patience to wait for the doors to open (about 2 minutes)

Mario Galaxy:
The hill error is still there.

Mario Kart Wii:
No crashes, tried to play online, but loading time still disconnects you from the race.

House of dead 2 & 3:
House of dead 2 still dosn't work

If I recall, The issue with House of the Dead 2 was in the original GeckoOS code the backup loader was based off of, and was fixed in a later version of GeckoOS so it might be more a gecko issue than a backup loader one.

razor950

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that would make sense given that the gecko code used in this project is not the latest.

edited: if I have time later tonight(doing a section of a paper), I'll give it a go updating this to latest gecko.

56killer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Beta v2 working.
All NTSC games in a NTSC console

Boom Blox loaded fine tried to go home menu, screen went blank Wii menu never loaded had to Hard-Reset.

Need for Speed Pro Street Loaded fine but Wii had the drive light on all the time and it wasn't a new message.

Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles loaded fine no problem.

Wario Land Shake It never loaded stuck at blank Screen.

Star Wars The Force Unleashed same drive light problem always on and loading times were between 30 secs to 1min. Also Freeze at Kashyyk with the bepen sound and Wiimote rumbling.

Final Fantasy Fables Chocobo's Dungeon same drive light problem didn't notice any other problems.

Wii Play working fine seem to stop at Warning screen but just took a little more to load same home problem Hit Wii Menu never loads had to Hard-Reset.

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games loads fine same drive light problem.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ppc_gba said:
did you run the game with the program by wiigator (modified geckoos) or waninkoko (beta backup launcher 0.1)?

WiiGator has a new Beta loader out on test to a few people at the moment - he is using that one to test a few games i believe and not the normal two that are hanging around.
This has only been released to a few people for beta testing for now and it not for general release as yet.

56killer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Test:
All NTSC games on NTSC console

De Blob green screen
Mario Galaxy green screen same drive light problem
Wii Sports Blank screen same drive light problem
No More Heroes same drive light problem also froze at the front of the gym just about to hit A to enter.

Cooler89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
ppc_gba said:
did you run the game with the program by wiigator (modified geckoos) or waninkoko (beta backup launcher 0.1)?

WiiGator has a new Beta loader out on test to a few people at the moment - he is using that one to test a few games i believe and not the normal two that are hanging around.
This has only been released to a few people for beta testing for now and it not for general release as yet.

He needs to fix some bugs in the alpha release i tested it out even the 2nd version then now 3version still some issues we will have 0.2 working within few days after everything is fixed

Rcolon85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cooler89 said:
djtaz said:
ppc_gba said:

He needs to fix some bugs in the alpha release i tested it out even the 2nd version then now 3version still some issues we will have 0.2 working within few days after everything is fixed

Great News

kremmy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
Just cause this bears repeating, anyone who leaks this and angers wiigator will make me a sad panda
frown.gif

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh ok, well it sounds like the new loader isn't helping much, we need more progress on the ios side as well.
is he makin any cios upgrades as well or not? any other speed/compatibility fixes to report (like red steel)?

edit: btw, anyone think wiigator and waninkoko have more in common than just the 1st letter of their names?

56killer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ppc_gba said:
oh ok, well it sounds like the new loader isn't helping much, we need more progress on the ios side as well.
is he makin any cios upgrades as well or not? any other speed/compatibility fixes to report (like red steel)?

The Loader beta v.2 it the same as the first beta of the v2 . WiiGator is actually making ios upgrades.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As soon as something is released officially ill have it in my zip and ill have a note next to the file with the date its updated and what was released - this one will be a biggie so itll be in bold.

I dont have a copy of the beta so dont ask , and even if i had it wouldnt be added to the zip. Whats there works for a lot of things so be happy with thats out for now and give the lads time to work on other things - less pressure on them will mean a better outcome.

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just tried wario: shake it! and it works with the modified cios and wanin's backup loader! after waiting ~10 mins for the 1st unskippable video to pass, i was able to play thru the tutorial and continue to the next stage without it crashing. for those wondering, apparently you have to buy stages in a shop (in the game) to continue thru the game.

it is odd that the wiigator loader would have trouble with this, but maybe the new one will work.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@ ppc_gba:

Your fix_ios didn't worked for me, everything when just like the other cIOS (36rev4) except for Mario Strikers, wich happens to work sometimes (if not freeze), and now with your fix_ios I get the PSoD (Pink Screen of Death), that was the only diference; tryed with:

Medal Of Honor Vanguard: Give me the an error ocurred eject the disc and turn off the Wii (same with all)
Fifa '08: Stop at the wiimote security (desync the wiimote and never sync) (same with all)
Mario Strikers: PSoD (just with ppc_gba's fix_ios)

p.s. i reset the Wii before trying any game, and i couldn't unistalled with "Wad Manager", I had to use the "Waninkoko's cIOS Unistaller"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...