Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if testers are going to be involved expect a leak almost straight away. I think it's very clear that no-one can be trusted.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rasputin said:
Well if testers are going to be involved expect a leak almost straight away. I think it's very clear that no-one can be trusted.

This has been in test phase for the last 2 days and there are no leaks yet so well done to everyone on that.
The version thats working at present isnt bad to be honest - it works for most , so people should just relax and wait for any official releases and post about issues they may want to see resolved.

looseskrewz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
looseskrewz said:
ether2802 said:
@ ppc_gba:

Your fix_ios didn't worked for me, everything when just like the other cIOS (36rev4) except for Mario Strikers, wich happens to work sometimes (if not freeze), and now with your fix_ios I get the PSoD (Pink Screen of Death), that was the only diference; tryed with:

Medal Of Honor Vanguard: Give me the an error ocurred eject the disc and turn off the Wii (same with all)
Fifa '08: Stop at the wiimote security (desync the wiimote and never sync) (same with all)
Mario Strikers: PSoD (just with ppc_gba's fix_ios)

p.s. i reset the Wii before trying any game, and i couldn't unistalled with "Wad Manager", I had to use the "Waninkoko's cIOS Unistaller"

Sorry bout this guys, but.....

I hate to be the one to break it to you dude, but I'm pretty sure your colorblind.
I am being totally serious.

You better check it out here:

Colorblindness Test

Why the test??

Because he said it was hanging on a pink screen.

Where in fact it is a green screen.

A classic symptom of colorblindness is confusing green and pink.

rolly

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
rasputin said:
i understand
rolleyes.gif

Skyfallkavu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just wondering, when I upgraded my cIOS to v6, I uninstalled v5 first.

Now the v6 installer dosnt have an uninstall mode, is there anyway to uninstall the cIOS? Im just a neat freak and need to uninstall before upgrading. I want to make sure im prepared for Loader v2

Also, whats the difference between cIOS and IOS?

knowitall599

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The v.6 is the same as v.5. You will need not need eighter of these instead try looking on this forum thread for the cios_fix. To uninstall v.6 if you have it installed just use AnyTitleDeleter and delete all system titles.

Skyfallkavu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no, im not a beta tester. I was just preparing for it. I get worried when I cant uninstall things. Thanks for helping me out. Ill try and look into Anytitle deleter.

But all of the system titles? Wont that harm my wii?

Lafie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Skyfallkavu said:
I was just wondering, when I upgraded my cIOS to v6, I uninstalled v5 first.

Now the v6 installer dosnt have an uninstall mode, is there anyway to uninstall the cIOS? Im just a neat freak and need to uninstall before upgrading. I want to make sure im prepared for Loader v2

Also, whats the difference between cIOS and IOS?

You can uninstall the cIOS with Anytitle Deleter, and the difference between cIOS and IOS, is that the c in cIOS stands for custom. This means that it's not an official IOS, but a...... custom IOS.

I read somewhere on these forums that the fact that some games don't work at all with the backup loaders, is that IOS36 is used as a base for the cIOS, and some games require a different IOS. Isn't it possible to patch a whole bunch of different IOS's and name them 25x something, and use the appropriate one based on which one the game requests?

Skyfallkavu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh good, im going to try it now. Sorry for my last message being cutoff. I wasn't paying attention.

EDIT: Alright, I got it working. I was told to uninstall ALL of the IOSes in System Channel section. But I thought cIOS v6 only installs IOS249, what should I do?

knowitall599

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then install the ios_fix. This will allow most all game backups to be played with the original leaked loader(not the wiigator loader).

Posts merged

I am on the 3.3U as well. These are the things I did to get everything up and running.

fetuspunk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
looseskrewz said:
ether2802 said:
@ ppc_gba:

Your fix_ios didn't worked for me, everything when just like the other cIOS (36rev4) except for Mario Strikers, wich happens to work sometimes (if not freeze), and now with your fix_ios I get the PSoD (Pink Screen of Death), that was the only diference; tryed with:

Medal Of Honor Vanguard: Give me the an error ocurred eject the disc and turn off the Wii (same with all)
Fifa '08: Stop at the wiimote security (desync the wiimote and never sync) (same with all)
Mario Strikers: PSoD (just with ppc_gba's fix_ios)

p.s. i reset the Wii before trying any game, and i couldn't unistalled with "Wad Manager", I had to use the "Waninkoko's cIOS Unistaller"

Sorry bout this guys, but.....

I hate to be the one to break it to you dude, but I'm pretty sure your colorblind.
I am being totally serious.

You better check it out here:

Colorblindness Test

Why the test??

I don't remember laughing this hard in weeks

Skyfallkavu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But its already working, im on v1 of Wiigators backup channel. I was just wondering how to uninstall the cIOS you needed to install to get it working. I want to know how to uninstall it to get ready for the next release. It bothers me when I cant uninstall things.

knowitall599

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol. Look, I know the pain of things like this. The cios is basically crap. The fix is not really a fix, but a new fixed cios altogether. You can think of it as cios7 if you want. I hear that wiigator is just working on the cios for now. So, this makes sense to you doesn't it?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Worry about it IF you have to uninstall it - no one is sure what is required yet - it may turn out that its required to be honest , so sit back and wait until we know whats required - ill be writing up a how to once its all done anyway so stop panicing now and wait until you have to do it to panic properly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: istg if lose another game of minesweeper