Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
visor1982 said:
try 0x80001800 (0x00001800). unsued by all games, 0x1800 bytes

Thats true:
Start----------------Size
0x80001800--------0x1800-----------Unused Exception Vector area often used for loader stubs and reloaders as this area is never cleared or used.

Another question:

/* Copy data */
memcpy(outbuf + cnt, dvdbuf + skip, size);

Maybe there is the bug:

Maybe the memcpy call is to slow or the dvdbuf memory (mem2) is to slow. Normaly the dvd should write directly to outbuf using the drivecache...
We are using the mem2 instead or additionaly of the drivecache as I understand (maybe I am completely wrong here).

Darkkenfox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
crazyguy said:
Maybe it would be a good idea to open a development post?

Where we just could speak about the development of the Launcher and not about the testing stuff, flames,...

Just an idea
wink.gif

Well your idea hasn't sound that crazy
biggrin.gif

It would be nice having a development post!

Hey Wiigator, I was the first to comment in your topic when you launched the loader at Tehskeen =) just for curiosity

I think you should launch the second beta version even incomplete because I cannot see any reason to do the oposite..and, well, people will bother until they have what they want (I guess)

Sorry for my bad english x)
But that's my opinion =)

hobozilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

I have Waninkoko's backup loader installed. To do this I have his custom IOS and DVDX installed.

After hearing about the impending update for Wiigator's loader I am thinking about changing over.

Do I need to uninstall Waninkoko's before installing Wiigator's? If so how do I do this?

Thanks

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
hobozilla said:
Hello,

I have Waninkoko's backup loader installed. To do this I have his custom IOS and DVDX installed.

After hearing about the impending update for Wiigator's loader I am thinking about changing over.

Do I need to uninstall Waninkoko's before installing Wiigator's? If so how do I do this?

Thanks

you dont have to uninstall your current CIOS because wiigator uses the same one for his.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hobozilla said:
Hello,

Thanks

Take a look here - most questions are answered : http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=108959

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any compatibility issues on this loader that will work with Waninkoko's loader? Because Wario Land will only work with Waninkoko's loader and not Wiigator's, and I wanted to know if there was anything else that will too.

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, if you want remove the old cios to try a new one, you must use the anytitle deleter, not the wad manager.

i'm testing out the changes some have suggested here.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ppc_gba said:
hey, if you want remove the old cios to try a new one, you must use the anytitle deleter, not the wad manager.

i'm testing out the changes some have suggested here.

You can remove the Cios by pressing - (Minus) on the wad manager when you have the Cios you want to remove selected.

QUOTE(Shadowmoses @ Oct 13 2008, 07:01 PM) I've made 2 icons needed + update to a make a "future" channel

Brilliant work Shadowmoses - the image looks very professional and crisp.

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, the wad manager gives error -1017 if you try to uninstall the custom ios using its wad.
edit: yes, it works. mario kart now doesn't crash on loading 2nd race!! thx every1!
i wonder if any other games are fixed??

i will save some of you the effort of compiling, and wad making: here's a link.

id love to see what other improvements wiigator/others can make. perhaps this will give waninkoko a reason to release his updates.

edit: seems like games aren't working with the wiigator backup launcher, you have to use the waninkoko one. (maybe some1 can check this out, maybe it uses the memory location for sd codes/hacks or something?).
seems like Legend of Spyro: Eternal Night now works (videos still very choppy in parts). maybe ill have to burn warioware to see if that works as well.
edit2: sonic and the secret rings also working...

kremmy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ppc_gba said:
no, the wad manager gives error -1017 if you try to uninstall the custom ios using its wad.
edit: yes, it works. mario kart now doesn't crash on loading 2nd race!! thx every1!
i wonder if any other games are fixed??
Trying this out now with various games.

edit: Fixed Mario Kart for me as well, but I was experiencing the same vsync/color issues waninkoko's loader has had so all I did was sit through a race and make sure the next one loaded.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!