Hacking Atmosphere to be estimated released in Summer 2018 for ALL firmwares.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same feeling here bro... I wouldn't even ever buy a Switch in first place since I can't afford buying games, I just bought it because it was in promotion 80eur less and because I knew it was going to be hacked soon.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I wonder what "somewhat less convenient" means. Either way this is awesome news, and I can definitely hold off on 4.1.0 for now to have an easier install process. For all we know the less convenient method is some kind of hardware exploit so I'll hold off for now.
Glad to hear even fusee gelee is getting released.
As long as I only have to do it once, it's nearly fool-proof to execute, and is persistent after reboots and updates, I'm game. But there's no way in hell I want to have to re-do the exploit every time, especially if it entails modding the right joy-con like Team Xecuter did.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A tegra bootrom exploit, like Boot9strap and Sighax.

I think Nintendo was really mad when it was found out especially that early afte the Switch release.
I also thought the Switch would be really secure now that Nintendo learned of their Wii security mistakes, especially on 5.0.0. They probably didn't even want to put a browser in the Switch. Guess they had to :P
Ofcourse they're other exploits like trustzone. Keyword: Trust. You can't even trust that security XD
Probably newer revision Switches are pretty hard to hack then.

Ofcourse every console got to be hacked at some point, though Sony was the legend on their PS3 especially after units with 3.56+ on it.
But yeah, less than a year compared to nearly 10 years is a big difference.

Sony does, what Nintendon't (security wise) :P

Last edited by thekarter104,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
As long as I only have to do it once, it's nearly fool-proof to execute, and is persistent after reboots and updates, I'm game. But there's no way in hell I want to have to re-do the exploit every time, especially if it entails modding the right joy-con like Team Xecuter did.
Are you kidding? Permanent exploits for any device are like gold dust. We’d be very lucky if we get that, regardless of firmware.

It sounds like we may actually get that due to the nature of the exploit, but people shouldn’t treat it as some kind of minimum expectation.

Last edited by sj33,

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Poor south side of Dominican Republic close to the Haiti border, 12 hour drive away from big rich resorts (tourist traps) and bigger worse corruption on the north side.
Hello from northern Dominican Republic. Most people just go to United States, work, and come back to live rich. My family lives on a mountain in Santiago province.

Dominican Republic is notorious for circular immigration. Really the only way to become rich there is either be a corrupt politician or literally leave the country to earn a better living somewhere else. I don't know why DR doesn't join the US like Puerto Rico. The citizens leech off of the US enough for it.
A tegra bootrom exploit, like Boot9strap and Sighax.
Thank you. A comparison really helps. I felt like I couldn't grasp how far along we were because it seemed people would be excited for any progress towards Switch hacking.

I heard of a person(?) called Mariko and how there was a Switch exploit that was devastating for all nividia shield and switch devices. What is that about?

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I heard of a person(?) called Mariko and how there was a Switch exploit that was devastating for all nividia shield and switch devices. What is that about?
I think its the same exploit. The Nvidia Shield also has Tegra CPUs like the Switch.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think its the same exploit. The Nvidia Shield also has Tegra CPUs like the Switch.
OH so it's KTemkin and SciresM who are doing that! Cool. The TeamX and linux-showoff people confused the shit out of me. The Switch security sounds like it's being flanked from multiple sides.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello from northern Dominican Republic. Most people just go to United States, work, and come back to live rich. My family lives on a mountain in Santiago province.

Dominican Republic is notorious for circular immigration. Really the only way to become rich there is either be a corrupt politician or literally leave the country to earn a better living somewhere else. I don't know why DR doesn't join the US like Puerto Rico. The citizens leech off of the US enough for it.

Thank you. A comparison really helps. I felt like I couldn't grasp how far along we were because it seemed people would be excited for any progress towards Switch hacking.

Mariko is the codename for the update SoC the switch will be getting that should be patching the bootrom exploit

TheWindWaker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Untitled.png

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I think Nintendo was really mad when it was found out especially that early afte the Switch release.
I also thought the Switch would be really secure now that Nintendo learned of their Wii security mistakes, especially on 5.0.0. They probably didn't even want to put a browser in the Switch. Guess they had to :P
Ofcourse they're other exploits like trustzone. Keyword: Trust. You can't even trust that security XD
Probably newer revision Switches are pretty hard to hack then.

Ofcourse every console got to be hacked at some point, though Sony was the legend on their PS3 especially after units with 3.56+ on it.
But yeah, less than a year compared to nearly 10 years is a big difference.

Sony does, what Nintendon't (security wise) :P
Nvidia is to blame here.. Not Nintendo...

Reactions: NeoSlyde

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
He is to retard to understand this
And I’m not insulting him for this
I’m insulting him because he said Sony does what Nintendon’t
He doesn’t know that if you replace in the sentence Sega with another brand is a big sin

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Part of me is happy the Switch is getting hacked, but the other part of me feels kinda bad for them. They tried so hard this time to have a super secure system, going as far as trying to not have a functioning web browser. Then their console they tried the hardest on, gets cracked in record time, and it's not even their fault. :(

Reactions: Taffy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Have fun at Psi's.