Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
This is pretty short sighted. SX is great right now - it’s my daily driver, but in the long term the future will be community efforts.
Past experiences would have people believe this.. Or so you'd think.

Geezerdorf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Past experiences would have people believe this.. Or so you'd think.

After Crown 3DS and Gateway, one would think that; but i'm surprised of the amount of people that didn't experienced that era.

I'm still waiting to see a proper way to activate the LayeredFS without writing directly to NAND or to anything else. We know that Nintendo checks almost everything from inside out, and something like "messing" with anything will be an immediate red flag for a ban.
EMUNAND will be the way to prevent this, for now.

ADDENDUM: I don't know if Atmosphere will be really a Be-all-end-all solution for CFW, but it'll be a good tool to have as a starting point. It was hard to get something structured to what we call "CFW" before the specific implementation of RedNand on 3DS, but it was a beautiful starting point to develop!

Last edited by Geezerdorf,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It's pretty clear that Atmosphere is the only way forward. It just does everything SX OS does... but infinitely better.

There's a blind response if I've seen one. The atmosphere hype train is small, but obnoxious. That's for sure.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
He could also be trying to act sarcastically. Not doing a good job at that, but a possibility nonetheless.

I actually thought about that right after I posted. Kinda felt bad, but got over it. :O Sarcasm through text is hard.

Reactions: Draxzelex

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
Ideally the CPU and GPU needs to be clocked higher too. Running Dolphin on even a fully clocked 2ghz cpu and 1ghz gpu speed on nvidia shield is sub par. (Although I believe there is some Chinese virtual console (gamecube) doing the rounds that runs fullspeed on the nvidia shield tv

Reactions: Specced9

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The screen tearing kinda irked me too, but I could look past it if I really tried
The thing is even though Bluetooth headphones aren't the best solution, it's at least a solution. And after you pair it once with ssh it auto connects after.
With screen tearing there isn't any solution to the problem right now.

Reactions: BL4Z3D247 and Kioku

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is atmosphere going?
Haven't been on this site for a good bit.
If you want a serious answer, SciresM posts updates frequently in the ReSwitched Discord for anyone who is interested. Updates are not really provided here because A) its GBATemp and B) because its not his thread to update. Although now might not be a good time to visit the ReSwitched Discord since one of their prominent members kinda went AWOL.

TokyoDoll

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If you want a serious answer, SciresM posts updates frequently in the ReSwitched Discord for anyone who is interested. Updates are not really provided here because A) its GBATemp and B) because its not his thread to update. Although now might not be a good time to visit the ReSwitched Discord since one of their prominent members kinda went AWOL.

Ahh I'm not in that Discord.
I don't suppose you could post the link here?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Remember, I ride my bike to USA everyday for work, then back to N Korea at nights. +1