TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, as this was probably not a hundred percent clear yet:
View attachment 135249
It was very clear if you were here before RCM was even a thing. Those exploits were going to be the main way to boot into atmosphere before the bootrom RCM vuln was found. Thus they wouldn't have booted into RCM because at the time we didn't know it could be exploited.

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It was very clear if you were here before RCM was even a thing. Those exploits were going to be the main way to boot into atmosphere before the bootrom RCM vuln was found. Thus they wouldn't have booted into RCM because at the time we didn't know it could be exploited.
Bruh, I'm here since TubeHax & OTPHelper

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bruh, I'm here since TubeHax & OTPHelper
Then you clearly weren't paying attention when this was common knowledge. If Deja vu and jamais vu existed before the RCM exploit was publicly known, why on earth would they boot to RCM if at the time they couldn't do anything with it?
Like literally common sense thinking combined with the knowledge that they existed before FG should have given you your answer because there would be no reason to boot to recovery if you at the time couldn't exploit it.

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Then you clearly weren't paying attention when this was common knowledge. If Deja vu and jamais vu existed before the RCM exploit was publicly known, why on earth would they boot to RCM if at the time they couldn't do anything with it?
Like literally common sense thinking combined with the knowledge that they existed before FG should have given you your answer because there would be no reason to boot to recovery if you at the time couldn't exploit it.
Um, you don't seem to get that shofusel2 was already discovered before SciresM pwned the TZ. Also it was never made clear if atmosphere will be fine with EL2 access to perform a warmboot or if the EL2 access will be used to soft reboot to the tegra recovery mode to use shofusel2 to gain pre-boot ace for atmosphere.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, you don't seem to get that shofusel2 was already discovered before SciresM pwned the TZ. Also it was never made clear if atmosphere will be fine with EL2 access to perform a warmboot or if the EL2 access will be used to soft reboot to the tegra recovery mode to use shofusel2 to gain pre-boot ace for atmosphere.
Jamais vu and Deja vu were SciresM. Shofel2 was another team that kept it secret. Reswitched didn't know about RCM exploit until after they knew and and announced the Deja vu. Which again if you've been here a long time you should have known due to time lines and different teams.

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Jamais vu and Deja vu were SciresM. Shofel2 was another team that kept it secret. Reswitched didn't know about RCM exploit until after they knew and and announced the Deja vu. Which again if you've been here a long time you should have known due to time lines and different teams.
shofEL2 and f-g (shofusel2) are one and the same exploit, ace through the usb stack while in recovery mode, they were independently discovered by f0f's shuffle2 and reswitched's Kate Temkin. Both Teams had knowledge of shofusel2 since around September 2017. SciresM pwned the TZ around February/March 2018.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is pretty short sighted. SX is great right now - it’s my daily driver, but in the long term the future will be community efforts.
at the rate this is all going atmos will be ready before i even get tracking for my SX pro from MCD

andijames

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Each to their own but still looking forward to Atmosphere when it releases and in the meantime playing games I've buughb. Quite happy with mario tennis at the mo and FIFA! Keeping me quiet :)

Priyam

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Atmosphere will be the most advanced cfw no doubt. But, I doubt it will have signature patches, the devs are against piracy, so I don't get why so many guys are waiting for it whose intention is backup loading only.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Well, Atmosphere will presumably rely on LayeredFS for that purpose. Game modding is one of the main motivations for the project.

lembi2001

Trophies
XP
Country
But layeredfs is already possible, so what people are waiting for?

LayeredFS is a subset of features in Atmosphere, the LayeredFS you are referringto is a fork of the feature and launched through Hekate which is in itself a fork of the bootloader used by Atmosphere.

SciresM is creating Atmosphere as an all-in-one solution with the features that the community want

Reactions: andijames

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LayeredFS is a subset of features in Atmosphere, the LayeredFS you are referringto is a fork of the feature and launched through Hekate which is in itself a fork of the bootloader used by Atmosphere.

SciresM is creating Atmosphere as an all-in-one solution with the features that the community want
Hekate and Atmosphere are in no way related. The only thing that Hekate took from atmosphere are layered FS patches themself.

Also the layered FS we currently use isn't a fork, it is part of Atmosphere (fs_mitm,am and loader, plus the kernel patches applied by Hekate)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphere will be the most advanced cfw no doubt. But, I doubt it will have signature patches, the devs are against piracy, so I don't get why so many guys are waiting for it whose intention is backup loading only.
Sig patches are used for a whole slew of other things like homebrew, file replacement, and save editing.
But sure, let's forgo all of the possible benefits of signature patching because of one its inconsequential side effects:glare:

Bargy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
As a non-coder, reading through Discord doesn’t give a clear idea of how Atmosphere development is progressing. It would be great to get an update from anyone in the know on what is complete, what is in progress and what features to expect from v1 when it releases.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a non-coder, reading through Discord doesn’t give a clear idea of how Atmosphere development is progressing. It would be great to get an update from anyone in the know on what is complete, what is in progress and what features to expect from v1 when it releases.
I'm unconcerned. I'm not going anywhere, and Atmosphere's receiving active dev work. Why would I worry about promotion when I haven't even released a build that I provide support for? Atmosphere's already pretty feature-rich, as evidenced by the number of people using Hekate to launch it. The sticking point at present is just booting it.

Things'll get done as they get done, and that'll be as soon as they can. People who are desperate to stay up to date with updates can always just read the #cfw-development channel in ReSwitched's discord, where I talk about what I'm working on pretty much every day. I don't really think it's necessary to provide push updates, so to speak, when anyone who wants them can listen in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q