Status
Not open for further replies.

Xbob42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have to be part of the forums to be an active GBAtemp member, I think you guys are forgetting that point. I spend plenty of time here, but I don't post much at all - because I already post on six trillion other forums. Your idea of a 'member' is skewed!

GINGERBREADMAN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
xViera said:
I don't mean to go against anyone, but regardless of how devoted they are to the forum, it's still a competition, and if user longevity takes any part in the judging, then I must say this is a very unfair competition. I can understand why you might be annoyed if someone who won just up' 'n left but thats totally irrelevant to the point.

I agree. If the contest is all about post then it should be indicated in the competition rules. i myself don't post a lot but i'm a member since 08. If the competition is all about posting then people will just fill the community with nonsense cr*p just to get the desired status or they'll just post for attention like the one i saw saying " hey i'm new here and i'm a hacker" instead of contributing to the community. After then we will have a community full of garbage post. This is just mu opinion and this is just my 6th post i think.
wink.gif

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Well, saying as my registration was early in December - I might be considered "new" thanks to my post count, and the fact that I registered in December.

I had always browsed through gbatemp...and it's a great site with great members - but just joined this month because that when I actually had time. Basically, if it was all about post count, I think most people would be annoyed.

GINGERBREADMAN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
astrangeone said:
Well, saying as my registration was early in December - I might be considered "new" thanks to my post count, and the fact that I registered in December.

I had always browsed through gbatemp...and it's a great site with great members - but just joined this month because that when I actually had time. Basically, if it was all about post count, I think most people would be annoyed.

i'ts not annoying. only in some certain topic like poeple with low count of post dont deserve anything in this community. coz we're talking here about the contest and noobs "poster" don't deserve to win any competition in the community.
wink.gif
The mods should restrict the contest topic with some certain post before you can view the contest rules. in this case people who meet the required post can only join the contest don't you think?

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
GINGERBREADMAN said:
i'ts not annoying. only in some certain topic like poeple with low count of post dont deserve anything in this community. coz we're talking here about the contest and noobs "poster" don't deserve to win any competition in the community.
wink.gif
The mods should restrict the contest topic with some certain post before you can view the contest rules. in this case people who meet the required post can only join the contest don't you think?

No, because it's not the amount of posts that you make that count. I think maybe next year for Tempmas the mods should consider disabling registration to new members in early December to prevent people from joining just for Tempmas. If it were based on post numbers, we'd get a lot of gibberish in it to do it. I joined because I was interested in GBAtemp for a long time, and basically forgot that there was a competition going on.

Besides, the competition is just for promotion purposes. It's good to get new members for this forum, and maybe, some people would stay for the content, not just the contest. And besides, I think if newbies do win, we'd get some sort of loyalty from them, because they won it from gbatemp.

Maybe I'm too naive.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
I hope the winners all have less than 500 posts, just because the majority of the people in this thread (and other threads from previous competitions) going "BAWWW THEY HAVE LOW POST COUNTS AND SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO ENTER BECAUSE THEY DON'T POST ENOUGH" are huge spammers.

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Competitions that require members to have a certain post count causes a huge flux of threads and topics

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zeromac said:
Competitions that require members to have a certain post count causes a huge flux of threads and topics
This .... If you guys remember that R4 contest from ... Gamezway there was this one guy who spammed and got like 100+ posts in one day just to enter it. Well then he got suspended or was it banned
unsure.gif
by Costy.
tongue.gif

deishido

Texture Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is rediculous people! this thread is about when the results will show up, not about if someone new to the site will win, just lay off.

Really, i,ve been active on this site for several years, but i never had incentive to join until i decided i wanted to be an registered member. i mean really, so what if a noob wins, if its that good, they deserve it. and chances are high that they have lurked on the site long before registering.

"dont hate the players, hate the game"

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deishido said:
this is rediculous people! this thread is about when the results will show up, not about if someone new to the site will win, just lay off.

Really, i,ve been active on this site for several years, but i never had incentive to join until i decided i wanted to be an registered member. i mean really, so what if a noob wins, if its that good, they deserve it. and chances are high that they have lurked on the site long before registering.

"dont hate the players, hate the game"

^ This.

Well staff I hope you are happy... I haven't gone to the restroom in three days waiting for the results (no not even when I went to work). I will keep holding up the dike until you...

Damn it! I have to get a clean pair of underpants, so I'll be right back...
frown.gif

EDIT: Back... Well, here is to the hope of a quick an decisive end to the competition.

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
this topic is lol.

anyway this isnt like some other lucky draw :\ it involves talent/skill/blah, meh.

i wont win so im looking foward to the winners!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!