Hacking Are there any ways of using emuNAND other than Gateway and rxTools ?

Genjutsuhh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
I want to setup emuNAND on my system but the problem is that I do not own a Gateway card and I have a New 3DS XL and rxTools does not support the New 3DS.. I also Have an O3DS but its on firmware 9.9 the latest one and rxTools only supports up till 9.2. So now I want to know if there are any other ways of using emuNAND out there.
My New3DS is firmware 9.0.0-20U

Last edited by Genjutsuhh,

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to setup emuNAND on my system but the problem is that I do not own a Gateway card and I have a New 3DS XL and rxTools does not support the New 3DS.. I also Have an O3DS but its on firmware 9.9 the latest one and rxTools only supports up till 9.2. So now I want to know if there are any other ways of using emuNAND out there.

If you're N3DS is =<9.2 firmware, then you can follow my guide. It'll get you up an running with Reinand cfw + Emunand and Profile launching (requires cubic Ninja).

http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-setting-up-reinand-cfw-from-scratch.394806/

If you're N3DS is also above 9.2 firmware, then you're screwed in regards to cfw, you can still use http://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/ with Cubic Ninja currently (OOT & freehax to follow later) - https://twitter.com/smealum/with_replies

Edit: Also RxTools does support N3DS now, but last I heard, it's buggy.

Genjutsuhh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
My New 3DS is on firmware 9.0.0-20U so I think that's applicable right ? By the way I already have ReiNAND setup, I can launch into it using using Ninjhax but I did not know I could boot into emuNAND using it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you're N3DS is =<9.2 firmware, then you can follow my guide. It'll get you up an running with Reinand cfw + Emunand and Profile launching (requires cubic Ninja).

http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-setting-up-reinand-cfw-from-scratch.394806/

If you're N3DS is also above 9.2 firmware, then you're screwed in regards to cfw, you can still use http://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/ with Cubic Ninja currently (OOT & freehax to follow later) - https://twitter.com/smealum/with_replies

Edit: Also RxTools does support N3DS now, but last I heard, it's buggy.
I can't seem to find your tutorial anywhere... Not even Google

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Reactions: puss2puss

Genjutsuhh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Really? Let me help you out.

Let me know if you need further assistance :P
Thank you for your help. I'm trying out the tutorial right now and will let you know if I run into any problems :)

"Start Cubic Ninja > Create > QR code > Gateway menu

Move to Create Emunand (This will wipe the contents of the mSD)"

I don't see any option to Create emuNAND on the Gateway menu :/

Genjutsuhh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
"Once complete press Down + Start to quick shutdown the system.

Copy the contents of folder: "Root of mSD - (Your 3DS' region)" to the root of your mSD again."

After formatting there's only a file called LAUNCHER.DAT. Should I copy and replace it with the one in the root of MSD folder or should I keep both files ?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
To answer your question, there are a few CFW's you can try for N3DS:

- Download Gateway software and put it on your 3DS SD
- In Gateway menu choose Format EMunand (BE SURe TO BACKUP SD (cause everythiing will be wiped)
- After that is done, you can choose between a few CFW's for your N3DS
1. rxTools
2. ReiNAND
3. CakeCFW

I didn't mention NTR since it only plays legit games (no cia, no warez)
It's more like a regionfree CFW

[EDIT]
You can keep it or if you want to be sure, replace it with the 3.4 launcher.dat from there package, it's the same. (if you used the 3.4 launcher.dat before you formatted emunand)

Reactions: TR_mahmutpek

Genjutsuhh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Ok I have successfully setup Reinand but I just have a few questions.
So now I can install any unsigned CIA without getting the "Invalid Signature" error right ? and What software should I use to Install my CIA files ?

TR_mahmutpek

medic
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hımm... Can we use the gateway software/launcher without gateway flashcard? And which is best way to hack N3DS/XL with 9.0-9.2 firmware?
Sorry for bad english... :/

You can FBI homebrew app to install unsigned cia...
(Maybe, I'm not sure!)

Genjutsuhh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Hımm... Can we use the gateway software/launcher without gateway flashcard? And which is best way to hack N3DS/XL with 9.0-9.2 firmware?
It is possible but you're gonna need a copy of either Cubic Ninja or Ocarina of Time for it. You can also use a Sky3DS for it if you have one. I use a Sky3DS with Cubic Ninja rom on it and use it to run Ninjhax. As for what is the best way, that depends on your preference I'd say.

TR_mahmutpek

medic
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
It is possible but you're gonna need a copy of either Cubic Ninja or Ocarina of Time for it. You can also use a Sky3DS for it if you have one. I use a Sky3DS with Cubic Ninja rom on it and use it to run Ninjhax. As for what is the best way, that depends on your preference I'd say.
Thank you...

Genjutsuhh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan

You can FBI homebrew app to install unsigned cia...
(Maybe, I'm not sure!)
I tried running FBI through ReiNAND but it gives me a database error so I don't think it'll work.

TR_mahmutpek

medic
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I tried running FBI through ReiNAND but it gives me a database error so I don't think it'll work.
Q: I'm getting a "Database does not exist" / "Invalid database" error!
A: You likely haven't installed anything from eShop or other locations before. You will need to go to the "Nintendo 3DS/<id0>/<id1>/dbs/" directory on your SD card and create empty "title.db" and "import.db" files. Then, go to System Settings -> Data Management -> Nintendo 3DS -> Software on your 3DS and letit repair the database files.

Genjutsuhh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
A: You likely haven't installed anything from eShop or other locations before. You will need to go to the "Nintendo 3DS/<id0>/<id1>/dbs/" directory on your SD card and create empty "title.db" and "import.db" files. Then, go to System Settings -> Data Management -> Nintendo 3DS -> Software on your 3DS and letit repair the database files.
Already tried that.. Now I'm getting an "Could not initialize AM service." error

TR_mahmutpek

medic
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Already tried that.. Now I'm getting an "Could not initialize AM service." error
FAQ
Q: Can I install any CIA I want via Ninjhax? / I'm getting an "Invalid signature" error!
A: No. Without something that patches signature checks, such as emuNAND or a CFW, you cannot install CIAs that are not properly signed.

A: You likely haven't installed anything from eShop or other locations before. You will need to go to the "Nintendo 3DS/<id0>/<id1>/dbs/" directory on your SD card and create empty "title.db" and "import.db" files. Then, go to System Settings -> Data Management -> Nintendo 3DS -> Software on your 3DS and let it repair the database files.

Q: I'm getting a "Could not initialize AM service." error!
A: That error generally means FBI cannot access the AM service. If you are running FBI through Ninjhax 2.0 or Ninjhax through an emuNAND that loads a >9.2 NATIVE_FIRM, FBI will not work.

Genjutsuhh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
FAQ
Q: Can I install any CIA I want via Ninjhax? / I'm getting an "Invalid signature" error!

A: No. Without something that patches signature checks, such as emuNAND or a CFW, you cannot install CIAs that are not properly signed.

A: You likely haven't installed anything from eShop or other locations before. You will need to go to the "Nintendo 3DS/<id0>/<id1>/dbs/" directory on your SD card and create empty "title.db" and "import.db" files. Then, go to System Settings -> Data Management -> Nintendo 3DS -> Software on your 3DS and let it repair the database files.

Q: I'm getting a "Could not initialize AM service." error!
A: That error generally means FBI cannot access the AM service. If you are running FBI through Ninjhax 2.0 or Ninjhax through an emuNAND that loads a >9.2 NATIVE_FIRM, FBI will not work.
Well long story short its not going to work... Aren't there any alternatives I can use ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated