[Tutorial] Setting up Reinand CFW from scratch

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by usernametaken, Aug 11, 2015.

1. usernametaken
    OP

usernametaken GBAtemp Maniac

May 13, 2015
    United States
    Here is a Tutorial for installing the Mset exploit & setting up Emunand + Reinand cfw 2.0 with a title manager on a N3DS

Guide includes installing with Gateway & without Gateway.

I've included everything you'll need in one .rar which will be uploaded to Pastebin.

Google: (pastebin.com: "username_taken") >>Without ()<<
    Title:
    N3DS From Scratch to Reinand

Also uploaded to "that 3ds site that has isos" under the 3ds tutorial section.

Password is the name of this site in all caps

Edit: Removed the use of EmunandTool & corrected Tut.
    Edit2: 8/21 - New version of Reinand can be found on Reisyukakus Pastebin, just google that.
    Edit3: 9/5 - Revised Tut, latest Reinand, latest FBI, attached Tut for single download. - Latest version of Reinand can boot into Sysnand with signatures patched. Hold down [ B ] at the splash screen while you press [Start] until the screen goes black.

Q&A:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Credits:
    Creator of this awesome cfw: @Reisyukaku
    Big thanks for helping revise / correcting errors: @gamesquest1
    Creating FBI: @Steveice10
    Creating the Unofficial FBI ROP loader: @gamesquest1
    Creator of Ninjhax: Smealum
    Pasta cfw team
    The Gateway team
    Gateway N3DS Mset Tutorial over at Maxconsole: liomajor

Attached Files:

• Tut.rar
      File size:
      2.6 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by usernametaken, Sep 17, 2015
    mtlucarell, Tony_93, lolcat and 12 others like this.
  2. Zeriel

Zeriel Squid Kid

Jul 10, 2015
    @usernametaken Thanks so much for this!! I will be the Guineanoob and give this a try and report the results XD

3. capito27

capito27 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    Swaziland
    Note that it is illegal to link any means to obtain nintendo's coryrighted material, and for reinand cfw to work, it contains a copyrighted file within the CFW, thus making your whole mega link in the pastebin illegal by this forum's ToS
    Please fix that issue.

4. Zeriel

Zeriel Squid Kid

Jul 10, 2015
    I found my own Devmenu, and the file is a personal file and it's password protected, if someone opens it is their own responsibility.
    @usernametaken just don't mention what's inside the .rar and put a legal disclaimer, that way it doesn't break the TOS

5. capito27

capito27 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    Swaziland
    That is not the file I am talking about ; in the compiled version of reinand, there is a copy of nativefirm, which is nintendo's coryrighted material, and is NOT allowed to be anywhere on this forum, including in a mega pack from a pastebin linked through a thread, no disclaimer will circumvent the fact that Copyrighted material is present and that the forum's ToS dont allow people to post that on the forum

6. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Can the guide say "obtain ReiNand version xxx" or similar, like they say for dev menu?

If I were writing the guide I would say:

1. Install gateway using the pdf new 3ds user manual linked on the maxconsole "gateway ultra guide" thread - set up emuNAND and install the mset exploit

2. Put files from ReiNand 2.0 on your sd card and the nds file on your DS flashcart

3. Install the nds file, go to DS profile in settings and enjoy :-)

7. usernametaken
    OP

May 13, 2015
    United States
    @Quantumcat

Specified that this is Reinand 2.0. It's the latest version as of this post, created from the Github.

8. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    I can't see your link, I think it was removed before I saw the thread

9. usernametaken
    OP

May 13, 2015
    United States
    Yup, thread was white knighted shortly after posting. :P

Atm keywords aren't pulling up my pastebin on google, it will soon.
    You can get the link to the pastebin over at that 3ds site that has isos though. From the tutorial section.

10. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    Have you checked with the developers mentioned if it's okay for you distribute their work? It seems improper to me, and somewhat disrespectful.

The second issue it causes is that the files will be out of date quickly, especially reiNAND which is being updated frequently. The right, and sensible thing to do would be to link to the official sources of the files. Otherwise you'll be needing to update, and upload a new version of your "all-in-one" archive with every new update of reiNAND and FBI.

It's not a personal file if you post the the password publicly now is it?

11. usernametaken
    OP

May 13, 2015
    United States
    If Reisyukaku has a problem with this, i'm sure he'd pm me or post in the thread he was tagged in. Too much assumption there?
    The original thread is no longer being kept up to date, and the pastebin is currently outdated by a release. I will hyperlink to the source release though, it's a good idea. :)
    Neither Reinand or FBI would need to be updated in order to get Reinand up and running as it stands now. Unless there's a new exploit released beyond 9.2 firmware.

I don't see the password posted. Do you? :)

Edit: What I think would be disrespectful is if I were to claim responsibility or ownership of this cfw. Instead this threads intention is to help more people gain access to Reis work.
    Reis cfw is open source & his download of the compiled product is a mega uplink iirc (yup). If he had posted to an upload website that paid him based on views / downloads then i'd directly link to that. Nor have I uploaded to any site that'll pay me for his work.

Quantumcat likes this.
  12. joex11

joex11 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 2, 2013
    Brazil
    Thanks for the tutorial. Just to make sure, I have to install the mset on gw emunand? I already have gateway mset and no longer acces to cubic ninja (just the backup on my gw card)
    I want to change to reinand since it won't need gateway red cart

13. usernametaken
    OP

May 13, 2015
    United States
    If you already have Mset and Emunand setup, all you need to do is drop Reinand on your internal SD & use the ReInstaller.

14. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    I think you can just install the ReiNand nds file and have the files on your SD card and it will work.

15. joex11

joex11 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 2, 2013
    Brazil
    Would you mean RnInstaller? My blue gateway somehow won't work even though I already installed bluecardfix.cia

16. usernametaken
    OP

May 13, 2015
    United States
  17. joex11

joex11 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 2, 2013
    Brazil
    Ok, just to check I'd have to use the FBI on sysnad with gateway prev right? Is there any chance i might lose my exploit? Cause I don't have cn or sky3ds anymore

18. zackaerith007

zackaerith007 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2015
    Good Day! i got a question, whats the benefits of this? is it like everytime i reboot it goes to emunand? or do i still have to use cubic ninja to run this? thanks

19. usernametaken
    OP

May 13, 2015
    United States
    You only need to use 'Rninstaller' for the Blue Gateway or Gamesquest1's Unofficial FBI either from Gateway Sysnand in .3ds or from homebrew menu after cn > pasta > cn > fbi.

When you've finished, you'll be able to start Reinand from the profile. "Go to System Settings > Other Settings > Profile > NDS Profile > "Press Start to boot.""
    Currently there's no way to boot directly into cfw from startup.

20. joex11

joex11 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 2, 2013
    Brazil
    Weird, gamesquest1 fbi's shows as an white icon on my gateway red cart and won't open at all. am I doing anything wrong?