Been using N3DS on Luma 11 for years without a single crash. Updated to Luma 13 for Pretendo support and I get constant "loader" exceptions and crash

Chrushev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Title pretty much says it all, I have a regular 3DS and a New 3DS, update to newest Luma went without a problem on the standard 3DS but on NEW 3DS I keep getting "loader" exception errors and crashes. Do I need to update anything else when updating Luma? What gives? My system is running in Emunand on version 11.10.0-43U

How do I make it stable again other than roll back to Luma 11, I want to be able to use Pretendo.

Thanks

Layra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If you don't find anyone that solved your issue you can report it in their GitHub repository and they could help you. Hope that it's help
Post automatically merged:

It will be useful if you could share more details about your exception

Chrushev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
If you don't find anyone that solved your issue you can report it in their GitHub repository and they could help you. Hope that it's help
Post automatically merged:

It will be useful if you could share more details about your exception

here it is:
Photo Apr 21 2024, 02 45 37.jpg

Layra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hm, normally undefinded instruction is caused by an attempt to execute a CPU instruction that was unimplemented, disallowed, or unusable. It's often related to software not having the required files (and in this case It looks like it's related with Pretendo and Luma update). If i was you i would investigate about these possibilities:

1) Rollback Luma if you find out that it's safe
2) Update the system to 11.17, but you need to search first if it's stable with Pretendo when you have Luma 13 (and obvoiusly before you update make sure that your Luma version is 13, if not you can brick the 3DS)

Chrushev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Updated system, still same issue. Also same issue if I turn off Pretendo. So its more to do with Luma I think than Pretendo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!