Hacking [Release]NTR CFW 3.2 with experimental Real-Time Save feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cell9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
NTR CFW was discontinued in public.
A new project will be started for migrating some of the features of NTR CFW (for example, video streaming) to a standalone 3dsx homebrew app, which does not requires downgrading or installing CFWs.

If you are interested in the new project, do not update to 11.0.

From what I have seen, a closed-source CFW has the power to split the whole scene. It will start endless debates on varied topics. (If your are not agree with me from this point, you may read this thread starting at page 118 and you will draw the same conclusion with me.)

However releasing the source is not the almighty solution for this problem to solve that and could probably lead to a situation that I never want to see.

The objective for starting a CFW for me is to make general game players/homebrew developers could enjoy playing games/making homebrews in a better way. However, actually itself is splitting up people in this scene with countless issues like open-sourcing, piracy, online-cheating, etc. I think it is my fault for starting such a project and it is the time to stop it from public.

However, I still wish general game players could have fun with some of the NTR's features, so I have decided to start a new project and migrate features starting with video streaming to it.

Being different from a CFW that tries to manage everything inside the console, the new project will rather be an simple app in 3dsx format which could directly launch on homebrew launcher without downgrading and setting-up CFWs.

From the fact people may argue about open-source and proprietary operating systems, but most of them seldom cares about the apps in their phones are open-sourced or not, I think a homebrew app should be more acceptable for most general game players.

Since the new project may lack the features for developers like real-time debugging, the developer edition of NTR CFW will still be maintained and shared between verified developers.

---

Sorry for being kinda off-topic, check below section if you are interested in the archived release of NTR CFW.

---

PLEASE STOP THE SUICIDE JOKING

I will consider any kind of suicide joking in this topic as a very offensive behavior.

CjWbLNIUoAEwVz6.jpg

NTR CFW could be boot from the official N3DS system only. Only genuine gamecards can be used in this CFW. The unauthorized copy of software or clone hardware in any form will NEVER be supported in NTR Mode.
I personally will never support any kind of piracy. Using genuine gamecards is strongly recommended.
I have never made NTR CFW 1.7, please be aware of fraud downloads.

THE-NEW-NTR-CFW.png

What's new in NTR CFW 3.2:
1 Experimental Real-Time Save feature.

What's new in NTR CFW 2.2:
[Feature] Language Emulation plugin:
The Language Emulation plugin could solve some language issues of region-locked games, such as games refuse to run or displays wrong language. You can play EUR Majoras Mask on JP N3DS by installing this plugin now. This plugin also allows you switch languages for games that have multiple language files. http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-language-emulation-plugin-for-ntr-1-0-2-2.386543/
[Feature] Improved game compatibility on NTR Mode: more games are runnable in NTR Modes now, including MH4.
[Feature] Hot-key settings: You can redefine the default X+Y hot-key for NTR Menu now, you can also define a hot-key for screenshot.
[Bugfix] Improved compatibility for layeredFS plugin.
[Bugfix] Improved success-rate for BootNTR.
What's new in NTR CFW 2.1:
[Feature] Clean Mode:
Some games are not compatible with NTR CFW's functions (ie. SSB), which you can run them by using the Clean Mode feature in NTR CFW Menu. In the Clean Mode, all the features except Region-Free are totally disabled, and you can't return to Home Menu if you are running an region-locked game (the Home Menu will no longer accept it), use Power Button if you want to quit the game.
[Feature] Debugger: Debugger feature is normally disabled, you can use NTR CFW Menu to enable it, or put an empty file named 'debug.flag' on SD card to enable it automatically.
[Feature] Added support of US/EU/AUS regions: This was already done in the public beta version.
[Feature] LayeredFS: the LayeredFS Engine allows you play community-translated games on genuine cards, it works by redirecting some language files in the game card to SD card.
[Bugfix] Power-off issues solved: now you can just turn off your console in NTR Mode normally.
[Bugfix] Improved success-rate for BootNTR.
[Bugfix] Some minor fixes.

NTR CFW is a custom firmware designed for New 3DS, with such features:
Region Free. Region-locked games could be launched in Home Menu directly.
CFW Menu. Press X+Y in games or Home Menu will show the NTR CFW Menu, to take screenshots or interact with plugins.
Plugin support. Users can develop or install their own plugins with libntrplg, plugin will run in the background and is callable via NTR CFW Menu. (screenshot is a built-in plugin now)
Realtime Debugger. Debugging your plugins on wi-fi directly with NTR Debugger: http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-...st-public-real-time-debugger-for-n3ds.384858/
Savegame Manager. Manage your savegame of genuine gamecards, support migrating savegame from NTR 1.0 to NTR 2.x: http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-savegame-manager-plugin-for-ntr-1-0-2-0.384865/

Real-Time Save feature(Read the following messages before using it)

This is an experimental feature and have some limits in current version:
1 For most games, save/load must be started in the game scene, do not save/load in movies, menus, etc.
2 The real-time savegame is only valid in current instance of game, the savegame won't be loadable after the game was closed or console was turned off.
3 Load/save must be performed in the Home Menu while the game is paused, do not return to game until the operation is finished. (it may take about 30 seconds)
4 Some games are totally incompatible with this feature.

For Developers:
libntrplg for NTR CFW has been released with source code:
https://github.com/44670/libntrplg

The hello_world plugin is an example for developing plugins in home menu:
https://github.com/44670/ntr_helloworld

LayeredFS Toolkit:
This tool allows you build layeredFS translation package in a easy way.
https://github.com/44670/layeredFS/wiki/manual

More examples will be released later.

Known issues:
Microsd Transfer Application is not workable in NTR Mode, use it in OFW.

How To Install(BootNTR)
1 Install the BootNTR.cia in Sysnand or Emunand, copy the ntr.bin into the sd card.
2 Execute the BootNTR application in home menu then it will boots NTR CFW.
BootNTR.cia and NTR files: https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases/tag/3.2

How To Inistall(Legacy, Cubic Ninja required, only available on New3DS)
Requirements:
1 A EU/AUS/JP/USA New 3DS with firmware 8.1.0/9.0.0/9.1.0/9.2.0. (We will add supports for old3ds and other regions later, however firmware >= 9.3.0 might never be supported);

2 A Cubic Ninja gamecard, using a eShop version is ok.
Attention: If you have already installed the previous version of NTR, you have to earse the savedata(described in step 3) and scan the newest QR Code again.

You have to connect to the Internet for the first time installing the BootNTR. After the installation, the Internet connection is no longer required. Disabling Internet connection is recommended to avoid system updates.

1 Download zip.
2 copy ntr.bin to your N3DS's microsd card.
3 Start Cubic Ninja, Click Edit->QR Code and scan the QR file. (JAPAN.png for JP consoles, and EUROPE_USA.png for other consoles)
(Hint: If you have installed other exploits already, hold L+R+X+Y at game's main menu to erase the savedata)
4 Press A to install the BootNTR.
5 Turn off your console.

How to boot into NTR Mode:
1 Turn on you console, wait a few seconds before starting Cubic Ninja.
2 Click Edit->QR Code, after booted up successfully, the screen will flashes blue and rerturn to Home Menu.
3 If it was failed, turn off the N3DS and try again.
4 Enjoy!

Last edited by cell9,

Click This

Surgite!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[Feature] LayeredFS: the LayeredFS Engine allows you play community-translated games on genuine cards, it works by redirecting some language files in the game card to SD card.​

Does this work for text language only, or does also support audio swaps?

Nice work, awesome new features.

Johnny Dunlop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

I am just curious, can you run gateway3DS emunand a long side CFW on N3DS? If so, are there any special instructions or precautions involved?

Also I see CFW supports 8.1.0/9.1.0/9.2.0. May be a dumb question but does this mean it also supports 9.0.0?

Thanks in advance,
Johnny

cell9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hi,

I am just curious, can you run gateway3DS emunand a long side CFW on N3DS? If so, are there any special instructions or precautions involved?

Also I see CFW supports 8.1.0/9.1.0/9.2.0. May be a dumb question but does this mean it also supports 9.0.0?

Thanks in advance,
Johnny

nope, it can't

boomie0123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it work with online play?

And then throwing another scenario in there, let's say I have a US SSB and want to play online with a JPN N3DS, how would I go about getting the required online update for that game?

Johnny Dunlop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It can't work on GW.
It should work on 9.0.0E/9.0.0U, haven't confirmed on 9.0.0J.

So gateway3DS emuNAND and CFW CANNOT be on the same microSD card and work together?

For instance: Use LoZ: OOT save exploit for gateway and use cubic ninja exploit for CFW?

cell9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
So gateway3DS emuNAND and CFW CANNOT be on the same microSD card and work together?

For instance: Use LoZ: OOT save exploit for gateway and use cubic ninja exploit for CFW?

Not really, if you are in the OFW mode, you can boot NTR from cubic ninja.

Reactions: Margen67

cell9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China

There are no plans for adding OOT support at this moment.

Johnny Dunlop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes so if i own the retail card of cubic ninja, I can launch CFW from OFW and it will not effect gateway3DS or emunand?

tarovisions

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes so if i own the retail card of cubic ninja, I can launch CFW from OFW and it will not effect gateway3DS or emunand?

Emunand remains, but the GW save needs to be erased for NTR save (unless you've got two CNs)

Edit: Actually that's pointless

Johnny Dunlop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Emunand remains, but the GW save needs to be erased for NTR save (unless you've got two CNs)

Also any chance for clean mode on eshop installed games?

Im using LoZ: OOT for my gateway, I am asking if i can use retail cubic ninja to launch CFW on OFW WITHOUT damaging gateway3ds exploit or emunand

tarovisions

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might be missing something obvious, but I can't find which port number to use in the debugger?

8000 in the readme

Im using LoZ: OOT for my gateway, I am asking if i can use retail cubic ninja to launch CFW on OFW WITHOUT damaging gateway3ds exploit or emunand

I think you should be good without messing up GW, emunand will be fine at least

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...