Gaming Are people already CHEATING on MK online?

sosodef

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing MK online now for about a week, and already I noticed a user "Hugo" from the UK cheating, or what it appears to be cheating. Before the count down and the race was about to start, I was in the #1 position (from the previous race) and as it was counting, he already was in front of me and everyone in first place, it seems as though he started the race before the other 11 players!!! and he seemed to come in 1st place every race.... way ahead of everyone.

Could that Trucha Signer or the Zelda code thingy giving people an advantage with Wii games now???

Thanks sosodef

Link00y

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Stop.. CHeating is possible with the newest USB Gecko - I have one myself.. the new one has a cheat function.. it is hard to use but if there is a professional.. he might really cheat!

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
That will suck so much, if actual cheating makes it to Mario Kart online. I hope Nintendo will take an aggresive approach to this. Implement USB gecko detection in the firmware and if a player is found cheating, ban him immediatly.

sosodef

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm almost positive this person was cheating, because he was always so far ahead of everyone else in every race.

I'm afraid it's already starting, this sucks if so!!

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
ferrariman said:
There will always be a way to cheat at a game.

Thats so TRUE but wrong.. But theres no way to stop it..
frown.gif

PlooBloo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha. I was on Wi-Fi last week and there's this user from UK named Mary or something similar to that and she kept teleporting all over the map. My boyfriend knocked her off one of the tracks, but she came back in a second. I was trailing behind her in 2nd and she jumped around 10 seconds worth ahead in the track right in front of my eyes. What the hell, seriously. >_

defrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Some people put time in getting better in a game, some put their time in hacking a game. Not many games where there aint a cheater,. Lets hope the "insects" stay away for a long time, but thats wishfull thinking,..

Link00y

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
defrb said:
Some people put time in getting better in a game, some put their time in hacking a game. Not many games where there aint a cheater,. Lets hope the "insects" stay away for a long time, but thats wishfull thinking,..

As mentioned.. it is yet hard to achieve proper hacks.. I tried it myself and I know what I am talking about (I've programmed some PC memory editors for Sonic games before). Right now there is no real search function, all you can do is dump complete memory several times and compare memory dumps.. but there is software doing that pretty well and if you have knowledge in programming you can do by yourself (I did it that way and succeeded too). I on my side made a quick port of already existing Mario Galaxy codes at usbgecko.com - like infinite energy. Frankly spoken.. yes they work - perfectly (the game crashes if you activate cheats in the main menu - solution: do later!) - unfortunately - I am a code hacker myself, did some Gamecube codes but I am really unsure whether I can think of that in a positive way.

The only upside: Right now.. for both using and making cheats.. you need a USB Gecko in Memory Slot B - I am pretty sure Nintendo can block it - at least for new games (it might be difficult for old games because once games run, they are in Kernel mode and the update stuff is probably not working then) - maybe they could even disable for old games - it would be definetely good for online games.. for offline games.. hell, I love to cheat myself.. it's fun up to a specific point - but the fun simply ends online!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol