Apple Could Buy The Mobile Industry

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Point of the thread: We are all fanboys and can never agree on who is better, Apple or any other company.

And we will never get along. Can we all stop fighting and just enjoy the OS that makes our life easier and more fun to use? It is all opinion anyway.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can beat all of y'all. Foobar2000, bitch. Best of all the worlds. Also, at the guy who said the Zune software is usable, your credit is revoked. It is NOT. It is a horrible piece of burning shit.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shinkukage09 said:
I can beat all of y'all. Foobar2000, bitch. Best of all the worlds. Also, at the guy who said the Zune software is usable, your credit is revoked. It is NOT. It is a horrible piece of burning shit.
So is iTunes for Windows.
tongue.gif

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Music management software made for specific products (ie: iTunes for iPods) tend to suck. My Sansa Fuze, which meets all of my music listening needs, allows a simple drag and drop system, as if I were placing something a flash drive. Having gone from an iPod to that, it was an amazing relief. iTunes is a pretty massive pile of shit, made pretty to disguise the fact that it blows.

Overall, I'm not a fan of Apple. I've used an asston of Apple products, and I've owned a couple. I can honestly say that Apple is one of my, if not my least favorite manufacture of commercial goods. I don't like the interface of many of their products (primarily their beloved Mac OS), and I don't enjoy how much they still try to control your goods after you buy them with forced usage of things such as iTunes if you actually want to place content on your iDevice.

Just not a fan. I try not to make it so verbal, but just trying to troubleshoot my friend's Mac awhile back made me want to strangle several innocent animals rather than deal with that practically support-less piece of bad technology.

On topic:

Is anybody really that surprised? The likes of the iPhone have taken the world by storm, for one reason or another. Many people I know own an iTouch, and many more after that own an iPhone. Look at all of that, and I'm only in high school. Many of these people got them as gifts, or have plans of their parent's income. Once you hit the point where you can afford one yourself, that opens up a whole new demographic of people who just like how shiny it is and how many non-phone related things the "phone" can do. Don't get me wrong, this is the exact same reason why many people will purchase an Android device. It's just how consumers like to shop.

I highly doubt Apple is going to buy everything out. Competition is healthy. If Apple eats all of the competition, it will be even less time until they buy out Samsung, control the mobile market, and then about 60% of the market won't want to own a phone anymore, as they don't want an iDevice.

paul1991returns

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Foxi4 said:
There's one thing this estimate completely forgets about. Target Audiences.

Anyone who's technologically inclined would rather lean towards the Andriod crowd due to the basically limitless capabilities of Open Source and a variety of hardware options to choose from.

A typical customer who just wants a "cool phone" will fall for the Apple Trap and buy obselete hardware.

As we already know, 95% of the population are retarded morons, hence Apple's great profits.

Actually, anybody that's technically inclined would buy neither an android or an apple.

Apple is evil.
Google is, too. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/12/15/st...n_on_chrome_os/
One evil branch makes the whole tree evil. Chrome is not part of android, but close enough.

Honestly, I doubt that you would find a real open-source fan trusting Google with anything. (Except Ubuntu people. Kiddies.)

EDIT: The above statement seems to imply that open-source fans would trust Google with ubuntu kiddies. I meant to say that only ubuntu kiddies would trust in Google. I would edit the above sentence, but I am a sucker for dangling modifiers.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
paul1991returns said:
Foxi4 said:
There's one thing this estimate completely forgets about. Target Audiences.

Anyone who's technologically inclined would rather lean towards the Andriod crowd due to the basically limitless capabilities of Open Source and a variety of hardware options to choose from.

A typical customer who just wants a "cool phone" will fall for the Apple Trap and buy obselete hardware.

As we already know, 95% of the population are retarded morons, hence Apple's great profits.

Actually, anybody that's technically inclined would buy neither an android or an apple.

Apple is evil.
Google is, too. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/12/15/st...n_on_chrome_os/
One evil branch makes the whole tree evil. Chrome is not part of android, but close enough.

Honestly, I doubt that you would find a real open-source fan trusting Google with anything. (Except Ubuntu people. Kiddies.)

EDIT: The above statement seems to imply that open-source fans would trust Google with ubuntu kiddies. I meant to say that only ubuntu kiddies would trust in Google. I would edit the above sentence, but I am a sucker for dangling modifiers.

You make no sense. One evil branch does not make a whole tree evil. Otherwise I'd be 100% correct in saying all of humanity is a bunch of dumbasses. Besides, go with a different ROM on your phone, and google has almost no part in the phone, other then the very basics. CyanogenMod ftw~

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Urza said:
There are times when I'm curious. More bored, really. A thought crosses my mind: "I wonder what those cats on the GBAtemp forums are up to." I'll click on a thread.

Wait, did I stumble on to YouTube somehow? Is this the comment thread for a vblog?

No, the URL checks out.

Can the members of this site really be so loud about their silly opinions on subjects they don't undestand? Then the memories flood back to me, like the tragic war I never fought in. This is my Korea, my Vietnam, in the war of my mind.

All those ignorant statements, each a paratrooper making landing in the folds of my brain.
thumb.png
mercluke likes this.
so many people hating just for the sake of hating

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
why dont you go lay your flame bait somewhere else

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
paul1991returns said:
Foxi4 said:
no worth reading

LOL IM SO INDY YOUVE NEVER HEARD OF ME
ok please show me a phone the doesnt run off of one of the Android, iOS, or other big competitiors that DOESNT suck?

Also Urza you comment had me loling to tears. Thank you so much.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
shinkukage09 said:

Um...there's no flame bait there...I've used the Zune software since it was on 2.0. It sucked. It still sucks. Foobar2000, truly, currently is the best music player for Windows. Zune Software is a piece of burnt shit. I'm stating the truth on that one. Notice I didn't mention iTunes? At least iTunes doesn't screw with your files unless you tell it to.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
Joe88 said:
shinkukage09 said:

Um...there's no flame bait there...I've used the Zune software since it was on 2.0. It sucked. It still sucks. Foobar2000, truly, currently is the best music player for Windows. Zune Software is a piece of burnt shit. I'm stating the truth on that one. Notice I didn't mention iTunes? At least iTunes doesn't screw with your files unless you tell it to.
maybe you should go look up the definition of flame bait, because thats what you basically posted

I never said anything about zune software being good for playing music (I use winamp with custom plugins) just about how easy it was to use to transfer music onto a zune, as another user said with the itunes software
and if you call adding in missing song information and album art onto the file "screwing with it", I just have no words for that, thats actually a good feature

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
shinkukage09 said:
Joe88 said:
shinkukage09 said:

maybe you should go look up the definition of flame bait, because thats what you basically posted

I never said anything about zune software being good for playing music (I use winamp with custom plugins) just about how easy it was to use to transfer music onto a zune, as another user said with the itunes software
and if you call adding in missing song information and album art onto the file "screwing with it", I just have no words for that, thats actually a good feature
Nah, flame bait would be more like saying "Apple sucks", or something to that effect.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
No way. Overpriced gadgets for everyone?
ohnoes.png

I could only afford a Mac when I received a $200 discount from my school.
frown.gif

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
Overall, I'm not a fan of Apple. I've used an asston of Apple products, and I've owned a couple. I can honestly say that Apple is one of my, if not my least favorite manufacture of commercial goods. I don't like the interface of many of their products (primarily their beloved Mac OS), and I don't enjoy how much they still try to control your goods after you buy them with forced usage of things such as iTunes if you actually want to place content on your iDevice.

starting with iOS5, no more computer required for iDevices! does that make your hate for apple diminish? of course not, you always be anti apple no matter what.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sony Ericsson...once a leading mobile company now is living in the dumps? That's sad really.

And Apple? Don't give a shit, they are the Sony of mobile industry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can