Apple Could Buy The Mobile Industry

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The competition wouldn't go for it, though. I mean, it took very little time at all for Android to almost knock iPhone and Apple out of the water. Windows Mobile 7 is gaining steam as well. Simply put...Android is cheaper, with far better phone choices, and a far better OS in general. Not to mention how easy it is to code for it.

Sorry, Apple's not buying anyone out anytime soon.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hakoda said:
Samsung thought of the design first, however, Apple got the patent. If you have a problem with the way Android looks, then mess with Google, not the phone vendor.

141501.jpg

Because the USPTO don't do their job and don't care about prior art if they get big enough back handers. Being the same since the days of A.G. Bell having insiders in the patent office

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
nl255 said:
Too bad the Xperia Play apparently has cdma/3g reception issues. That and the fact that you can't unlock the bootloader (on cmda/3g/verizon versions) was why I went with the Thunderbolt. The bigger screen and 256MB more RAM didn't hurt either.
The iPhone 4 had a much more widespread reception issue. Any carrier-branded smartphone cannot have their bootloader unlocked officially. The HTC Thunderbolt is in a different class as the Xperia Play. The Play's goal was to merge the PSP with an Android experience, and that, Sony Ericsson has succeeded in.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Lube_Skyballer said:
What's up with all the hate? Just a simple article and everybody goes hatin on Apple :S
It's always like this. People who haven't ever owned something made by Apple, going apeshit on how Apple sucks. Typical
tongue.gif

I didn't like Apple two years ago, maybe just because I went with the mass-hating.
Then I decided I should give them an opportunity. A single one.

Bought an iPhone4 and loved it.

Apple might be overpriced, but their products work well, without problems, and are aestethically pleasant. That's a fact.

QUOTE(BortzANATOR @ Jun 18 2011, 11:53 PM) AAAAAANNNNNDDDDDD this thread is now about hating apple cause they are more successful than everyone else.
Isn't the Apple hate all about that?
unsure.gif

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Apple can in a few years buy Microsoft if they really cared to.

Also, I don't see why people bother posting Apple news anymore,vesting as it only becomes a flame war.

oh lol appel sux. to muh $$$

(This was written on my iPad 2 :3)

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Apple won't buy anyone. They will just try to sue them out of the market. I hope Samsung can battle them back. They make some great hardware. I would rather go phoneless if I had to live in an iPhone-only world.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
Lube_Skyballer said:
What's up with all the hate? Just a simple article and everybody goes hatin on Apple :S
It's always like this. People who haven't ever owned something made by Apple, going apeshit on how Apple sucks. Typical
tongue.gif

I didn't like Apple two years ago, maybe just because I went with the mass-hating.
Then I decided I should give them an opportunity. A single one.

Bought an iPhone4 and loved it.

Apple might be overpriced, but their products work well, without problems, and are aestethically pleasant. That's a fact.

QUOTE(BortzANATOR @ Jun 18 2011, 11:53 PM) AAAAAANNNNNDDDDDD this thread is now about hating apple cause they are more successful than everyone else.
Isn't the Apple hate all about that?
unsure.gif

No, it is an opinion. Otherwise people wouldn't switch to other things. I've had an iPhone before. It was fine. Got Android later. Found it far superior. And they're products work well about half the time. I mean...just look at the amount of issues the iPhone 4 had.

As for the aestethically pleasant part, that truly is opinion. Me? I don't wholely like the way the iPhone is designed. Sorry, I like buttons. That, and iOS has always looked like and been shit to me.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
shinkukage09 said:
No, it is an opinion. Otherwise people wouldn't switch to other things. I've had an iPhone before. It was fine. Got Android later. Found it far superior. And they're products work well about half the time. I mean...just look at the amount of issues the iPhone 4 had.

As for the aestethically pleasant part, that truly is opinion. Me? I don't wholely like the way the iPhone is designed. Sorry, I like buttons. That, and iOS has always looked like and been shit to me.
The fact that iOS is a closed OS (on _standardized_ hardware) automatically implies that the system is more stable. I'm pretty sure that it could be easily demonstrable comparing the use of an iPhone and an Android phone over the course of 2-3 months, and you could easily see who has the least issues during that period.

Android is a great system, but the fact that it's open (if you install badly programmed apps, you can freeze your smartphone, for example) and that it comes on a slew of different hardwares has its toll on the overall stability.

Well, as for the aestethical part, that's an opinion, sure. I shouldn't have included it in the "it's a fact part"
tongue.gif

And btw, don't take me too literally, I wasn't obviously meaning that it's an undeniable truth, I just meant that in the majority of the cases, it just works.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are times when I'm curious. More bored, really. A thought crosses my mind: "I wonder what those cats on the GBAtemp forums are up to." I'll click on a thread.

Wait, did I stumble on to YouTube somehow? Is this the comment thread for a vblog?

No, the URL checks out.

Can the members of this site really be so loud about their silly opinions on subjects they don't undestand? Then the memories flood back to me, like the tragic war I never fought in. This is my Korea, my Vietnam, in the war of my mind.

All those ignorant statements, each a paratrooper making landing in the folds of my brain.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
raulpica said:
Lube_Skyballer said:
tongue.gif
I have an iPhone 3GS, a whole bunch of friends have an iPhone 4. I've had my fair usage of both devices. However, I despise the way Apple promotes everything "innovative" they ever do, and how they lock you in place. And the fact that it's simply way overpriced is an instant turn-off. I've since moved to an Xperia Arc from Sony Ericsson, and found it to be a much better experience overall, both on hardware and software fronts.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And people still think it's worth it to buy an Apple product for 4x the cost of the next, and better thing.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
And people still think it's worth it to buy an Apple product for 4x the cost of the next, and better thing.

and the OMG another overpriced Apple device is released that fanboys JUST CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT.

I can see why Futurama did an episode a while back on making fun of the evil Eye-Phone and how it turned the people into "zombies" and the evil woman calling them all "dumb bastards"....

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
I think people seriously misunderstand the fact that Apple is clever at what they do.

They make things simple.

On OS X, I dont care if I can't change the theme, or if I can't access it's 'deepest' secrets. It just works brilliantly the way it is and for those nitpickers it has some good customisation options and settings but as Rauplica stated, the fact that it's a closed system just makes it more secure.

Apple systems just WORK so easily and simply to the common man. No going ape shit over anti virus software, internet risks, lengthy install process etc. These may be small things to non Apple users but trust me, once you do them on a Mac it's REALLY DIFFICULT justifying to do it on a PC.

Want to install applications? Drag and drop the application into application. Or just click agree and install once.
Got a new mac product? Turn it on. You've now set it up. Literally.
Want a smooth, good looking streamlined system with no-frills? iOS and OS X do the job perfectly.

Apple sell products that take pre existing ideas and implement them WELL.

I KNOW iOS 5 has features which should already have been there ages ago. But it'll still be a success purely because of the clever way Apple will implement their features, one that gets the job done easily.

The iPad was one of the first tablets ever that made people look up, AVERAGE people, and go 'a tablet doesnt sound too bad...'

The iPod is a revolution. Who the hell cares if it does what everything else does but more expensively?
Look at how damn simple the OS is on those machines, it's clear, it's understandable and transferring music is stupidly easy. Try using Windows Media Player/Blackberry manager or any other portable device manager to sync music to portables after using Itunes+iPod for a month. Go on just TRY it.

The Wii uses archaic tech, and has plenty of problems. Then why the heck is it so successful? Because it's easy to understand and simple fun for the common man and woman. They even had the audacity to take what PS2 and other systems had done already, pointer/motion/waggle tech, and call it a 'REVOLUTION'.

Gimme a break.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NiGHtS said:
Try using Windows Media Player/Blackberry manager or any other portable device manager to sync music to portables after using Itunes+iPod for a month. Go on just TRY it.
the zune software is pretty dam easy also
just drag your music files to the zune icon, and you know actually features stuff like auto update of your music collection (searches your music folders for new music files and adds them) unlike itunes

Ive used the zune software for years and itunes for about 5 months now and zune software is far better
good thing there are alternatives to itunes though

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
NiGHtS said:
Try using Windows Media Player/Blackberry manager or any other portable device manager to sync music to portables after using Itunes+iPod for a month. Go on just TRY it.
just drag your music files to the zune icon, and you know actually features stuff like auto update of your music collection (searches your music folders for new music files and adds them) unlike itunes

Ive used the zune software for years and itunes for about 5 months now and zune software is far better
As is Winamp. I can wirelessly sync to my android with just a drag and drop.

Masterpaul

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Magmorph said:
Joe88 said:
NiGHtS said:

As is Winamp. I can wirelessly sync to my android with just a drag and drop.

Without winap i can open the media player like a usb and drag my music in there, also i can send my files to as many users as i want to, over its built in bluetooth just by clicking the send bottem. Also unlike apple. I can open my media player on any computer in the world. See thats even more simpler then apple. Also this costs 150 euros. It also has an hd screen and plays movies, comes with 8 gb, and 16 GB also its memory is expandable by sd. What does apple give anyone for 150? An os that eats up your battery and processing power?

Apple just tortures you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1