GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Apple can buy them? Sure thing!

O btw, Google can buy Apple (since they would only need to buy 51% of the shares)

Apple is an overrated company with shit hardware and even shittier software.
But dont blame them for their success, blame the idiots who go out and buy iPhone's and iPod's and iPad's en masse.

Shoot them, burn them, kill them, castrate them. I dont care but punish the retards.

Punish the victims not the trolls (yes Apple is 1 big troll)

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
And some of the new revolutionary things Apple brought out will get them more money that people will happily spend.

You now have to pay to use music youve bought! Yes. If youve downloaded a song and want to redownload you have to make use of a new service. This service will allow you to keep a library of all your purchased music (its called a folder in Windows I think) on iTunes (and other services? not sure)
This is of course a great idea. Albeit not a new one since its just Steam for music, its a nice move nonetheless. Now comes the funny part. You have to PAY to use this! Yes thats right, you have to pay to make use of a service that you actually dont really need! If anything this service should be free of charge!
But Apple customers will gladly buy this. Why? No clue, probably because theyre retards.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
laugh.gif
@ peeps who actually buy songs from the apple store go get copytrans
smileipb2.png

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bah. Likely due to them selling their shit for prices exponentially higher than their actual value.

EDIT: Also, their music is up to twice as high as other places. Want proof? Install Ubuntu to a virtual machine and search anything on their store. Cheaper than anything that apple's touched.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NiGHtS said:
On OS X, I dont care if I can't change the theme, or if I can't access it's 'deepest' secrets. It just works brilliantly the way it is and for those nitpickers it has some good customisation options and settings

That's why I said to me. I also said what most people don't like about Apple products is also what the others do like. Tried to make it obviously an opinion.

QUOTEbut as Rauplica stated, the fact that it's a closed system just makes it more secure.

Raulpica should know better. Security through obscurity is a total BS idea. I'd say being based on a well tested FOSS base, most of the OS being FOSS software, and smaller user base is what makes it more secure than say Windows. Windows is much more closed and arguably, when configured right, can be just as secure as any of the *nixs out there (apart from maybe one particular BSD), but general day to day use proves otherwise.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cwstjdenobs said:
Raulpica should know better. Security through obscurity is a total BS idea. I'd say being based on a well tested FOSS base, most of the OS being FOSS software, and smaller user base is what makes it more secure than say Windows. Windows is much more closed and arguably, when configured right, can be just as secure as any of the *nixs out there (apart from maybe one particular BSD), but general day to day use proves otherwise.
Excuse me if i call this bs.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Schizoanalysis said:
But look at the graph. Apple can't.

The value of the competitors is greater than the value of Apple's assets. They couldn't buy out all of the competition even if they wanted to.
Actually, under the graph it is written "Liquid assets", which means that bar is currently representing CASH which Apple is free to spend right now.

I'm pretty sure they could get more money from investors if they wanted, and they'd also be able to repay their debts in few time.

QUOTE(cwstjdenobs @ Jun 19 2011, 04:26 PM) Raulpica should know better. Security through obscurity is a total BS idea. I'd say being based on a well tested FOSS base, most of the OS being FOSS software, and smaller user base is what makes it more secure than say Windows. Windows is much more closed and arguably, when configured right, can be just as secure as any of the *nixs out there (apart from maybe one particular BSD), but general day to day use proves otherwise.
Fact 1: I'm not perfect
tongue.gif

Fact 2: FOSS is more secure only when it's updated REALLY frequently. The good thing of Free Software is that exploits are most of the times released publicly and because of that a new fixed version appears in few time. But take the cellphone crowd, which isn't that apt on upgrading (most people out there are still using the software version their phone came on originally), and you could have a real security crashdown right there, with catastrophic exploits everywhere in the wild, malicious software using them and no control whatsoever against installing them.

A closed enviroment reduces those risks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4