RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Sings AP patched tomorrow? If so please send me a link to it
If you don't see a patch for it, then it's included in TWiLight Menu++.
If you have TWiLight Menu++ (with a Memory Expansion Pak, or a DSi, or a 3DS/2DS), then you can just use a clean ROM.
(It's against the rules to link to commercial ROMs anyways. :P )

Devinlion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have TWiLight Menu++ (with a Memory Expansion Pak, or a DSi, or a 3DS/2DS), then you can just use a clean ROM.
(It's against the rules to link to commercial ROMs anyways. :P )

I have a rom of it on my 3ds but it is not working. On TwilightMenu++ it keeps staying on the black screen after you see your character falling through the sky.

Is there a way to download it directly to your 3ds like you can with Virtual Console games?

Devinlion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a rom of it on my 3ds but it is not working. On TwilightMenu++ it keeps staying on the black screen after you see your character falling through the sky.

Is there a way to download it directly to your 3ds like you can with Virtual Console games?

Got it working. Went to check for more updates and updated to Nightly on TwilightMenu and BootStrap and that fixed it

Elbart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Are the patches from "RetroGameFan Flashcart Game Patches v1.9" (not available unfortunately) and "RetroGameFan TwiLight Menu ++ AP Patcher v1.0" part of TWiLight too?

Niccu

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I've been trying to figure out why the AP patches weren't working, and looking through the files I noticed I don't have the apfix folder. Was the way the patches are stored changed in an update? I can't get some games to work properly.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to figure out why the AP patches weren't working, and looking through the files I noticed I don't have the apfix folder. Was the way the patches are stored changed in an update? I can't get some games to work properly.
Yes. The patches are now stored in a .pck file.

Reactions: godreborn

Niccu

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yes. The patches are now stored in a .pck file.
Oh, thank you. I was asking because I got random freezes in Warioware: Touched! and Last Window, both EUR versions at transitions.
But after some testing, it looks like Twilight Menu was detecting and probably patching them, since after I manually patched Last Window to test, I get a warning before starting it about how it needs an AP patch.

I'm not sure what the problem is then. I'm using a new 3DS XL.

btw, is there a place to report games that don't work and aren't in the nds-bootstrap compatibility list? I found two games that work perfectly on R4 but they don't even start in Twilight Menu.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, thank you. I was asking because I got random freezes in Warioware: Touched! and Last Window, both EUR versions at transitions.
But after some testing, it looks like Twilight Menu was detecting and probably patching them, since after I manually patched Last Window to test, I get a warning before starting it about how it needs an AP patch.

I'm not sure what the problem is then. I'm using a new 3DS XL.

btw, is there a place to report games that don't work and aren't in the nds-bootstrap compatibility list? I found two games that work perfectly on R4 but they don't even start in Twilight Menu.
You can request access to edit the compatibility list.
Also, card read DMA is a bit buggy and can cause freezes, so try turning it off.

Niccu

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You can request access to edit the compatibility list.
Also, card read DMA is a bit buggy and can cause freezes, so try turning it off.
Thanks I'll try that.
And on second thought, I better not touch anything about the compatibility, I don't know enough about this.

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi.
Playing Puzzler Brain Games (E)(M5) on YSMenu I always encounter random freezes; does it depend on an anti-piracy measure?

This is one of the most underrated of the brain games, yet it is one of the most interesting, and beautiful in graphics and colors.

Could you provide me with a link to download an ap patch for this game, assuming it exists?
I've searched everywhere but I'm afraid none exist, perhaps because no one has ever been interested in this game.

Thanks in advance.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.
Playing Puzzler Brain Games (E)(M5) on YSMenu I always encounter random freezes; does it depend on an anti-piracy measure?

This is one of the most underrated of the brain games, yet it is one of the most interesting, and beautiful in graphics and colors.

Could you provide me with a link to download an ap patch for this game, assuming it exists?
I've searched everywhere but I'm afraid none exist, perhaps because no one has ever been interested in this game.

Thanks in advance.
Does it work with nds-bootstrap?
If so, then it's probably not AP-related.

Reactions: Nikokaro

AngealSnow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I tried yo play the spanish translation of Devil survivor (ver 2.0.1) But the Game still having the Dhube error; I aplied the spanish patch in a clean ROM, But when i tried to aply the AP patch of the Game, DSscene Saya there isn't patch for the Game, But when i Saw the compatibility list, there is already a patch for the game

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried yo play the spanish translation of Devil survivor (ver 2.0.1) But the Game still having the Dhube error; I aplied the spanish patch in a clean ROM, But when i tried to aply the AP patch of the Game, DSscene Saya there isn't patch for the Game, But when i Saw the compatibility list, there is already a patch for the game
Apply the AP-patch to a clean ROM first, then apply the Spanish patch.

Reactions: Takokeshi

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Isn't possible, the patcher don't allow me to patch the Game, after i aply the APpatch
You might have to combine patches, which can get fun as it is quite possible for a translation patch to mess with the same binaries/overlays as the anti piracy patch. If it does you get to figure out how to combine things; a lot of AP stuff should be in place so you can probably get away with things there, though you might have to learn how to decompress and recompress binaries which is different to boring and basic type 10/type 11 LZ that is most DS compression.

I have a rough overview around here somewhere. General idea is grab the base ROM and your two patches.
Make two ROMs from those.
Unpack both new ROMs and the base.
Compare files between the new ROMs and the base to see what changed in each case. Any number of tools will allow you to compare two directories to see changed files, up to and include just zipping everything up and comparing CRC32 values.

Hopefully the translation got away with a few external text files, a font and maybe a graphic or two. In which case copy those across to the AP patched file and rebuild, or maybe if the AP file is just an ARM9 change then inject the modified ARM9 into the translated ROM (same for any overlays they might have buried other checks in).

If they both edit the ARM9 or overlays then you get to figure out how to combine the two. Again I hope the AP stuff is just a matter of every AP checking being patched to not happen/take the positive for the player result regardless of outcome. In which case you can merge things easily enough, give or take compression; for the merging then after any compression I would actually just use IPS as it is simple and dumb enough to dodge the input issues. If the AP and the translation both add extra code (possible in some cases but I don't think it is likely on the DS) and collide on locations changed for it then we get to come back here and work out how to do things properly.

AngealSnow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
You might have to combine patches, which can get fun as it is quite possible for a translation patch to mess with the same binaries/overlays as the anti piracy patch. If it does you get to figure out how to combine things; a lot of AP stuff should be in place so you can probably get away with things there, though you might have to learn how to decompress and recompress binaries which is different to boring and basic type 10/type 11 LZ that is most DS compression.

I have a rough overview around here somewhere. General idea is grab the base ROM and your two patches.
Make two ROMs from those.
Unpack both new ROMs and the base.
Compare files between the new ROMs and the base to see what changed in each case. Any number of tools will allow you to compare two directories to see changed files, up to and include just zipping everything up and comparing CRC32 values.

Hopefully the translation got away with a few external text files, a font and maybe a graphic or two. In which case copy those across to the AP patched file and rebuild, or maybe if the AP file is just an ARM9 change then inject the modified ARM9 into the translated ROM (same for any overlays they might have buried other checks in).

If they both edit the ARM9 or overlays then you get to figure out how to combine the two. Again I hope the AP stuff is just a matter of every AP checking being patched to not happen/take the positive for the player result regardless of outcome. In which case you can merge things easily enough, give or take compression; for the merging then after any compression I would actually just use IPS as it is simple and dumb enough to dodge the input issues. If the AP and the translation both add extra code (possible in some cases but I don't think it is likely on the DS) and collide on locations changed for it then we get to come back here and work out how to do things properly.
thanks for your help, in the end i was able to modify the rom using crytaltile2 by modifying some offsets to match the ones in the ap patch, the rom works fine now
Edit: the part of Dhube works fines, But when the day ends and Start the next, the Game freeze, i don't know if this is a problem of the translation or if is caused by the AP

Last edited by AngealSnow,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try it on an emulator and see. The compatibility layers on the DSi/3ds are not as hot as some things (as evidenced by the fact we are here however many years after anti piracy was a solved problem for everything else discussing this). You can also try the straight AP patched version for long enough to get to that point and see what goes there (sounds like it is reasonably early into the game).

Also are you sure you got everything? Anti piracy patches can be buried deep with ARM9 and overlays getting involved. Miss an overlay and it crashing a bit later into the game is reasonably in line.

Reactions: Takokeshi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Drake sang in A minor