Hacking Unable to Update TWiLight Menu++ through Universal Updater

Mystjake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to play Zelda Spirit Tracks when I noticed I was getting the ap glitch where no train controls appear. I investigated the issue, and it sounds like twilight menu is supposed to have on the fly ap patching already.

When looking through the file system on my 3ds, the folder containing ips files for the ap patches does not appear to be present. No worries, I'll just update twilight menu and see if that installs the ap patch folder.

I launched universal updater and tried to download the latest version of twilight menu, but every time I pressed download, it gave me an error stating that "twilight menu ++ failed." This happens with both the main release and the nightly.

I have the latest version of universal updater, so I'm not sure why it's failing to download twilight menu. Is there a way to manually side load it? Could I just download that folder of ap patches and put them in the file system myself?

Mystjake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the exact error I receive.

Attachments

• PXL_20220201_083821360.jpg
    PXL_20220201_083821360.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 299

Mystjake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I removed the SD card, powered on the console, replaced the SD card, and launched universal updater again. When that launched, it started some configuration process which I hadn't seen before. When that finished, the standard menu for universal updater wasn't the same.

I navigated to twilight menu and hit the download button. It started downloading without any issues. With twilight menu installed, I launched spirit tracks and everything worked as intended. Weird, but the issue is resolved now.

Attachments

• PXL_20220201_173218890.jpg
    PXL_20220201_173218890.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 259

Refills323

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to play Zelda Spirit Tracks when I noticed I was getting the ap glitch where no train controls appear. I investigated the issue, and it sounds like twilight menu is supposed to have on the fly ap patching already.

When looking through the file system on my 3ds, the folder containing ips files for the ap patches does not appear to be present. No worries, I'll just update twilight menu and see if that installs the ap patch folder.

I launched universal updater and tried to download the latest version of twilight menu, but every time I pressed download, it gave me an error stating that "twilight menu ++ failed." This happens with both the main release and the nightly.

I have the latest version of universal updater, so I'm not sure why it's failing to download twilight menu. Is there a way to manually side load it? Could I just download that folder of ap patches and put them in the file system myself?
Hello, this problem is due to the SD being corrupted and you’ll have to reformat the SD. Before doing so copy all the files to your computer so you can paste them back again when the SD is formatted, also remember it has to be formatted FAt32.

I know you found the solution by replacing the SD but just for any future references someone might stumble here ! 👍🏽

Jtl2299

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For this issue, I ended up using FBI to delete all of the TwilightMenu from Titles, as well as BOOT_NDS from the root and the bootstraps for it and all other files (GBA related, can't remember the name)with bootstrap functions.
You have to wipe *every* trace of the existing TM++ before it will allow you to install with Universal Updater, otherwise you'll 100% get the "Twilight Menu++ Failed" error.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1