Hacking anyone worried about being banned from online?

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
Trophies
XP
Country
The Wii Mini is not useless as you should be able to use a USB Lan adapter and the HBC+AHBPROT to install the Shop and other standard wii channels if it does not have them.

that would make it a LAN only MiniWii,basically, a PS2 slim (since its small and never had wifi, neither did fat tho) or the 20GB PS3(had lan but no WiFi, but its not small so no cannot use for the size reference)

The Wii Mini does not support the LAN adapter. There's basically no way into this thing unless we can do some weird USB-based hack like the PS3 dongles.

Stalkid64X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think big "N" knows that I installed hbc to vWii because I play Wii U games online and never got kicked. I think there is too many Wii's that run homebrew for them to worry about vWii running homebrew.
They can find out the content of your Wii U or vWii at any point if it's online. You would be stupid to think otherwise. Not only that, they can kick you out of Wii mode to force updates etc if they wish. Just because they haven't while the news stumbles out is no reason to think they can't or won't.

And the Wii Mini not only doesn't support any form of internet - it doesn't even have the settings pages any more for it.

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
Trophies
XP
Country
They can find out the content of your Wii U or vWii at any point if it's online. You would be stupid to think otherwise. Not only that, they can kick you out of Wii mode to force updates etc if they wish. Just because they haven't while the news stumbles out is no reason to think they can't or won't.

And the Wii Mini not only doesn't support any form of internet - it doesn't even have the settings pages any more for it.

The Wii U can certainly stop you from accessing it again after a reboot, but it's not going to Force kick you out of vWii in the middle of playing a game cause there's an update.

Stalkid64X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The Wii U can certainly stop you from accessing it again after a reboot, but it's not going to Force kick you out of vWii in the middle of playing a game cause there's an update.
It supposedly can do just that. I wouldn't have said it if it hadn't been possible.

kp_centi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wish Nintendo was like Apple in instances like this. Apple won't entirely brick your phone and such if you Jailbreak. They still want their customers to have a great experience with their Products, but still still block the exploits in newer OSs. :)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It should be mentioned that nobody has ever been banned/bricked/etc for using a flashcart on the 3DS in nearly 2 years, which is more or less the same situation. All Nintendo does is block the flashcards in updates.
That's true, but the flashcarts are DS-mode. I doubt we'll start seeing console bans until Wii U or 3DS mode is hacked. It certainly is a possibility though.

I do wonder how 3DS flashcarts will work. Since for example MK7 requires the 1.1 update to play online, I wonder if people will simply be unable to play online in MK7 with flashcarts, or if they'll have to patch the ROM manually with the update (which isn't likely to be immediately possible when flashcarts or another way to play roms is released)
If, when it gets hacked eventually, you could simply install the games on the SD card like any eShop game, updates should work just fine and so would your statistics in the friend list, but that might be easier to detect/block for Nintendo than a flashcart.

But that's getting kind of off topic, so back on topic:
No one can say if Nintendo will start banning people from online, but since they seem to be focusing more on piracy prevention now it might very well happen.

I certainly hope not, because there is no way I won't soft/hardmod my Wii U once it's fully hacked.
I'm most likely going to hack Wii Mode soon as well, and use USB loading on it so I can pack away my Wii (either by using SNEEK+DI or waiting for cIOSes to be updated). I don't think they'll ban people for installing Wii Mode homebrew but it certainly is a possibility.

Stalkid64X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm fairly certain there was at least one hefty warning against modifying that intimated bans were possible during the Nintendo ID setup or some other part of the process.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, the system software is not running in the background when running wii mode.

Exactly, The Wii U does not run any sort of Hypervisor in WiiMode. and not even sure if it even has any sort of Hypervisor at all TBH.

they cannot kick you out of WiiMode but they can keep you from using it via a Pending System Update like some 1.0.2 owners had where WiiMode did not work until it updated to 2.0.0

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not of 'if' they start banning, its a matter of 'when'. My money will be on around western release of MH Tri Ultimate.

its highly doubtful they will ban people for WiiMode hacks since it does not affect gameplay or online connectivity of the Wii U in anyway.
Even sony, who bans people for PS3 CFW has not banned any PS Vita's for running eCFW. they just block them from running via a update.

same goes for the 3DS, Nintendo Updates the 3DS to block flashcards but they have yet to ban or even refuse to fix one unless the 3ds was sent in with a flashcard in it.

Reactions: Mapleine

Mapleine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii mode is sandboxed for a reason. They may push back against it some, like they do with the 3DS, but I agree that it seems doubtful they'll ban your console for it.

Now going into Wii U mode and taking hacks online...I'm still a little doubtful they'll outright ban consoles like Sony or Microsoft, but they'll likely push back a lot harder and hell, Capcom was already issuing bans on modified (game, not system) files on the Wii so they'll likely slap down any fishy business there too.

People can make assumptions on past events or competitors events, but we're really just going to have to wait and see just how blown open the Wii U gets and how Nintendo reacts to it.

Reactions: driverdis

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii mode is sandboxed for a reason. They may push back against it some, like they do with the 3DS, but I agree that it seems doubtful they'll ban your console for it.

Now going into Wii U mode and taking hacks online...I'm still a little doubtful they'll outright ban consoles like Sony or Microsoft, but they'll likely push back a lot harder and hell, Capcom was already issuing bans on modified (game, not system) files on the Wii so they'll likely slap down any fishy business there too.

People can make assumptions on past events or competitors events, but we're really just going to have to wait and see just how blown open the Wii U gets and how Nintendo reacts to it.

I completely agree, all assumptions should be taken with a grain of salt until we see exactly how Nintendo reacts and what action(s) they take against modding.

supersonic124

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the Wii U side of things gets hacked, Nintendo should definitely do bans to preserve multiplayer. The Wii versions of Black Ops and MW3 had so many cheaters...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la