Hacking Anybody have a 003 - USA wii they want to donate to science?

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I do not have a 003'd Wii, but I can be a guinea pig if you want.

I can make my non-Korean Wii give error 003 to test, and my Korean Wii has indiana pwns savefile installed in case it ever does get error 003,so i can test if you want...

...but...

If this trick requires SPECIFICALLY the USA version of SSBB, then I cannot test, since I have the PAL version.

Do you want me to test for you, giantpune?

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The problem here is that no one is willing to send their wiis due to shipping costs. My recommendation is to open some sort of paypal account so everyone can donate $ and then Giantpune can refund the sender shipping costs. This topic is very interesting.

wes11ph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Burton said:
The problem here is that no one is willing to send their wiis due to shipping costs. My recommendation is to open some sort of paypal account so everyone can donate $ and then Giantpune can refund the sender shipping costs. This topic is very interesting.

just like i said., if he's willing to, i'll be he's beta tester....
secret is a secret and not my credit.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
SanGor said:
so let me get this straight:

nobody wants his useless 003-bricked Wii repaired for free?

Maye they want to wait a year or more (or less) for sometihng that saves them the couple of dollars in shipping.

I agree it's insane too, I already posted before to keep this topic alive and pointed out that you guys n gals have NOTHING to lose as your Wii is bricked if you need this.

If it was me, I wouldn't hesitate in sending it to GP and would hope mine got to him first
tongue.gif

FaSMaN

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ive got a korean wii with 003 , but its been converted to PAL not ntsc so the SSBB exploit wont work with it, if you need it and think its fixable ill find out how much shipping will cost(will only post motherboard in envelope to save costs if thats okay) and consider it.

Ive allso got a box full of other korean wii's thats been bricked veriose ways so if any one is up for it,let me know.

PS Shipping from south africa

Abkarino

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Sorry about 1 week with no new post and news i hope that giantpune has a new progress in his secret method to load SSBB from RM.
frown.gif

Abkarino

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
suchatd said:
any progress about how to boot ssbb from RM like in the video?

I think that there's no new news since giantpune keep his method as secret and not tell any one how to autoboot SSBB from RM even if that required Woode
frown.gif

I hope that he can inform us here about his secret method so we can try it.

suchatd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Abkarino said:
suchatd said:
any progress about how to boot ssbb from RM like in the video?

I think that there's no new news since giantpune keep his method as secret and not tell any one how to autoboot SSBB from RM even if that required Woode
frown.gif

I hope that he can inform us here about his secret method so we can try it.

wait for good news from giantpune, i hope he will public it soon

Abkarino

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
pretender13 said:
i think you will be waiting forever, from what i've seen in past, he keeps things to himself.

Yea i'm agree with you he may kept this secret and don't tell it to any one else
frown.gif

that's sound bad i hope he may change that and release it for public soon
frown.gif

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait...
After making this thread, i got flooded with pms like
QUOTE said:
I own 170 wiis that are bricked with 003. I live in india, so it will cost too much to mail one to you. Please tell me how to fix them. What the fuck is this shit? You are planning to fix these Wiis and sell them to other people and make a shitload of money, but you cannot be bothered to mail 1 of the somewhere for testing? And I am the selfish one?

And then this other douchenozzle...
QUOTEi think you will be waiting forever, from what i've seen in past, he keeps things to himself.
What stuff have i kept to myself in the past? I think 99% of the time if something seems usable and useful by most people, I share it, or share a method of how to achieve the results I am getting. So, please tell me what you are talking about.

Anyways, about the SSBB trick, I could not get it to work without a wode. Which means that if I tell people how this works, it wouldn't do much good for most. For my own personal reasons, I dont want to encourage people to go out and buy wode (it has nothing to do with piracy, so dont even start that gay conversation again). And besides, you people couldnt afford to mail me a wii, so you probably couldnt afford to buy the wode anyways.

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
giantpune said:
And besides, you people couldnt afford to mail me a wii, so you probably couldnt afford to buy the wode anyways.

Lol haven't you got the 003 wii yet? I mean; if i followed the story youre asking for a bricked wii?? Come on cheap dogs lend the guy your useless piece of plastic. You can buy a working one for less than 100$ around here how much is a brick one worth...

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm kinda pissed off at seeing giantpune spending time offering to do sometihng for free and how ungreatful people are.

I was actually gonna post in this thread and say maybe the topic title needs reworded as "donate" implies they don't get it back.

The offer was this..... you have a fucked wii, you send it to gp with postage to return it (maybe a few quid to get the guy a beer or a smoke), he tries to fix it and then sends it back.

The alternative is sit with it broke.

As for the comments about giantpune keeping things to himself, well that's an insult. pretender13 you're obviously have no clue about the guy. He has helped many devs, some n00b coders and lots of other things. Every single time I've ever asked the guy anything he always gives me the answers I need.
If you read these forums and wiibrew forums maybe you will see he helps everyone he can and never asks for anything in return.
If he doesn't release something, then obviously it's not ready to be released.

Then again maybe some people just don't deserve things.

I REALLY want to know what it is pretender13 you think he has "kept to himself"

Th3G4mbl3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
Anyways, about the SSBB trick, I could not get it to work without a wode. Which means that if I tell people how this works, it wouldn't do much good for most. For my own personal reasons, I dont want to encourage people to go out and buy wode (it has nothing to do with piracy, so dont even start that gay conversation again). And besides, you people couldnt afford to mail me a wii, so you probably couldnt afford to buy the wode anyways.

hi giantpune...

i know you are possibly upset and disgusted about some of the comments people have put up here. i genuinely own only a single wii which is my own. And I am already an owner of a Wode and a Drivekey 2.0. I've already gotten a quote for shipping the console to US. Including insurance, handling fees and actual shipping costs, i am getting a quote for USD 90 to USD 100. For that amount of money I might as well buy a replacement board from a local shop here. However, I am hoping that you will be willing to work and help me out. please take a look at my PM and let me know what your thoughts are. I looked at your MarioKart Pwns thread and tried out a few combinations for SSBB (wiifit and MK itself) but i am not able to get things to work like your video.

suchatd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Th3G4mbl3r said:
giantpune said:

hi giantpune...

i know you are possibly upset and disgusted about some of the comments people have put up here. i genuinely own only a single wii which is my own. And I am already an owner of a Wode and a Drivekey 2.0. I've already gotten a quote for shipping the console to US. Including insurance, handling fees and actual shipping costs, i am getting a quote for USD 90 to USD 100. For that amount of money I might as well buy a replacement board from a local shop here. However, I am hoping that you will be willing to work and help me out. please take a look at my PM and let me know what your thoughts are. I looked at your MarioKart Pwns thread and tried out a few combinations for SSBB (wiifit and MK itself) but i am not able to get things to work like your video.

I want to know too. wait for public ^^

Th3G4mbl3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Th3G4mbl3r said:
giantpune said:

hi giantpune...

giantpune... can you atleast acknowledge that you have seen my request and think that i am like all the other guys that you think are sc**wballs and s*ums... And therefore not interested in talking too or helping.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet +1