Anti-PIRACY Six Strikes Law Starts Tomorrow???

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it realistic to expect that the only torrents which will be monitored are ones which feature recently released content? For instance if one were to download a game which was three years old is it fairly safe to assume this won't be monitored? I wouldn't think it would be worth a companies time to monitor torrents which feature three year old content.
and what of stuff much older than that, things that have not been re-released in any form as of yet (some Saturn titles come to mind) and are hard to find used as well as do not make the copyright holder any money.
not that this makes it ok to do it, just wonder how all of this comes into play, it seems more logical for them to monitor newer stuff much more closely than older ones.

MegaBassBX

The Noble Sate User
Trophies
XP
Country
I live in the UAE, so I guess I'm of the hook this time, I mean they went go looking for me right ?

and what of stuff much older than that, things that have not been re-released in any form as of yet (some Saturn titles come to mind) and are hard to find used as well as do not make the copyright holder any money.
not that this makes it ok to do it, just wonder how all of this comes into play, it seems more logical for them to monitor newer stuff much more closely than older ones.

You know my little sister whenever she sees an old game she owns, and I take to play it for while she says that's mine I'm like :blink: you left this game for 4 years and now you want it. I assume they will do the same (and yes of course I know that we are talking about a 20 years old game system,but expect the impossible).

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing with this involves the government. It's a policy change that really doesn't change anything. Hollywood and the RIAA have been doing this forever. They subpoena the ISP for your name and the ISPs would either respond or say fuck off. The next step would be a lawsuit against the ISP, which would immediately turn over your name. This way, you aren't immediately being sued for downloading and instead are getting a warning.

Also, if you are so worried about privacy:

sae4.jpg
citysign.jpg

This stuff is what you are sending out to all the websites you visit.
It says I'm using Chrome but I am not using Chrome lol

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it realistic to expect that the only torrents which will be monitored are ones which feature recently released content? For instance if one were to download a game which was three years old is it fairly safe to assume this won't be monitored? I wouldn't think it would be worth a companies time to monitor torrents which feature three year old content.

If you're that worried, use a VPN.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Soooo. Anyone get a "warning"?
Yet again, it'll take a while before anything happens. You can't monitor something for years and start handing out warning based on things before the law was passed. So I'd imagine it'll take a few weeks if not months before the first ones start going into the wild.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yet again, it'll take a while before anything happens. You can't monitor something for years and start handing out warning based on things before the law was passed. So I'd imagine it'll take a few weeks if not months before the first ones start going into the wild.

I give them a week to send out the first letters.
at the moment, their printers are probably running amok with a thirst for more ink as billions of warnings want to be printed out

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So whoever's internet thing said they were near ladysmith freaked me out since that's near me also... also is charter affected by this?

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry. I'm very new and also not really awake. But as I asked does anyone know if charter internet is part of this? I didn't see them listed.

Engert

I love me
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
So whoever's internet thing said they were near ladysmith freaked me out since that's near me also... also is charter affected by this?

There's nothing to be freaked out. That's the information you choose to display when you're dicking around like me.
But when you're not dicking around you go behind a proxy and you give the website the middle finger.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4