Anti-PIRACY Six Strikes Law Starts Tomorrow???

NightsOwl

Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I stopped illegally downloading things a loooooooong time ago. I look for uploaded movies online instead and just buy games I know I want instead of ones I'm not so sure about.

-shrug- I have nothing to worry about.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
I stopped illegally downloading things a loooooooong time ago. I look for uploaded movies online instead and just buy games I know I want instead of ones I'm not so sure about.

Where else are you going to look for uploaded movies?

:glare:

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I stopped downloading movies and music illegally a long time ago myself, after I uh, had a friendly chat with my parents and haven't done so ever since. I still download stuff I probably shouldn't (emulators, legacy ROMs...guilty as charged), but this isn't going to stop people for using torrents. They cannot physically coerce people into not downloading illicit material. It cannot be 100% enforced. What people do is their own business, I want no part of it.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

So if I just watch it on youtube or one of those rebroadcast streams I am all good? Bloody hell, that is where I have been going wrong all these years.

Re: usenet and safety.
Number of people pinched for downloading from torrents-
Several thousand at present, still quite a few if I ignore the "mailshot" type cases.

Number of people pinched for downloading from usenet in all its decades as one of the foremost sources for those that can not be bothered to maintain IRC, old style file lockers, new style file lockers or be a part of "the scene"
Zero unless you count people that fell foul of a call home mechanism in a program or something.
There have been some cases of uploaders being done and some odd cases of slander/libel and such like over the years (though they are not piracy related).

you can't break 256 bit encryption, no one can do that; it's physically impossible even with what the govt has for a super computer

Thankfully my chair has strong arms or I might have hit my head on the bookcase as I rolled about laughing. Failing that was it a quote from swordfish?

Reactions: ThatDudeWithTheFood

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I just watch it on youtube or one of those rebroadcast streams I am all good? Bloody hell, that is where I have been going wrong all these years.

Re: usenet and safety.
Number of people pinched for downloading from torrents-
Several thousand at present, still quite a few if I ignore the "mailshot" type cases.

Number of people pinched for downloading from usenet in all its decades as one of the foremost sources for those that can not be bothered to maintain IRC, old style file lockers, new style file lockers or be a part of "the scene"
Zero unless you count people that fell foul of a call home mechanism in a program or something.
There have been some cases of uploaders being done and some odd cases of slander/libel and such like over the years (though they are not piracy related).

Thankfully my chair has strong arms or I might have hit my head on the bookcase as I rolled about laughing. Failing that was it a quote from swordfish?

Isn't 256-bit AES encryption still incredibly difficult to brute force or decrypt?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well he means he's not downloading it and can't be prosecuted because of it.

Are we being sarcastic and my 1am addled brain is missing it?

If not then streaming still counts in some regards and downloading it into cache might also count depending upon the judge you get (various cases have tried various things here).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...