Anti-PIRACY Six Strikes Law Starts Tomorrow???

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We just had a thread on the subject, actually.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/cas-goes-into-effect-on-monday.343490/

Good old totalnoob. He's basically the Temp's incoherent, nutty version of Archie Bunker.

oh yea ha ha ha, you are just so hilarious, I didn't know that gbatemp was an ADL site too

http://www.eonline.com/news/391872/...groups?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-movienews

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-stein19-2008dec19,0,4676183.column

It's ok for Joel Stein to say, but not for Seth Mcfarlane, nope no double standard there

Everyone knows who owns and controls the media and Hollywood, the same people who own and control your ISP's, and most of the biggest sites on the internet like facebook, youtube, google etc. They are the same people who spent over 100 million $ on lobbying to pass COICA , SOPA, PIPA, ACTA ,etc
Sure this is probably not going to be a big deal, but they are not going to stop here, the SOPA, PIPA and other bills have been shelved, but they are not dead
They will just continue pushing little by little until the internet is as shitty as the absolute diarrhea put out by Hollywood and the rest of the media, the agenda is quite clear; the slow incremental take over and monopolization of the internet, just like the rest of the media and just like the telecom act of '96 they will eventually get something through with all their money that will be horrible, be as apathetic as you want, but someday you might regret it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everyone knows who owns and controls the media and hollywood, the same people who own and control your ISP's ,and most of the biggest sites on the internet, facebook,youtube,google etc. ,the same people who spent over 100 million $ on lobbying to pass COICA ,SOPA,PIPA, ACTA ,etc
sure this is probably not going to be a big deal, but they are not going to stop here, the SOPA PIPA and other bills have been shelved ,but they are not dead
they will just continue pushing little by little until the internet is as shitty as the absolute diarrhea put out by hollywood and the rest of the media ,the agenda is quite clear , the slow incremental take over and monopolization of the internet,just like the rest of the media ,just like the telecom act of '96 they will eventually get something through with all their money that will be horrible, be as apathetic as you want ,but someday you might regret it

Google (which also owns Youtube) and Facebook both opposed SOPA.

EDIT: And the internet is already full of the most horrific things on the planet. It can't get any shittier.

Reactions: BortzANATOR

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Google (which also owns Youtube) and Facebook both opposed SOPA.

EDIT: And the internet is already full of the most horrific things on the planet. It can't get any shittier.

but it could be more censored and there have been more take downs lately it seems to be increasing gradually

Yes they did oppose SOPA, but just because they wanted to work out their own deal under their own terms, they will eventually merge with hollywood and the big 6 media companies eventually if things continue in this vein, and in the end consumers and internet users will be the losers. More monopoly more conglomeration means less choice, higher prices and othernegative effects on cinsumers

The government used to break up such monopolies, see "ma bell", but now they are totally bought and paid for and look the other way.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

whatever ,its not about "horrible things" going on to the internet, its about whats being taken off,

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/2...ogle-increased-10x-just-past-six-months.shtml

http://www.neowin.net/news/google-takedown-requests-increase-by-1137-compared-to-2011

the constant attacks and harassment ,is making it more and more of a pain in the ass to find content ,weather its on torrent, file lockers or usenet
http://www.ps3crunch.net/forum/threads/5770-Is-Usenet-dying!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is nothing wrong with it, though. Pirates just can't stand less freedom to break the law. SOPA and PIPA were actually violations of the constitution..

What worries me is getting in trouble for doing something I didn't do, like watch something on YouTube or upload a clip of a video game, then have some power-hungry goon call me out for copyright infringement or some lamea*** excuse. The power the government holds scares me to no end. I don't care about piracy so much as I don't download movies or music illegally, but what does make me concerned is their hellbent attitude on monitoring out every move, not giving us our personal space. If I ever use a VPN, it will be so the government can't watch me as I use the internet for normal, non-illegal use.

I don't see anything immoral or amoral about using a VPN to bypass their constant watching.

I will say this though, our copyright system is grossly convoluted and needs one helluva revamp, the fact it can be so easily abused by cooperate influence (MPAA or RIAA) is sickening to say the least.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If my ISP likes me giving them money, then they won't throttle my speed...if they don't, then I guess I'm moving to Canada; And I'll finally be able to smoke reefer in peace.

Reactions: kehkou

dehry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing with this involves the government. It's a policy change that really doesn't change anything. Hollywood and the RIAA have been doing this forever. They subpoena the ISP for your name and the ISPs would either respond or say fuck off. The next step would be a lawsuit against the ISP, which would immediately turn over your name. This way, you aren't immediately being sued for downloading and instead are getting a warning.

Also, if you are so worried about privacy:

sae4.jpg
citysign.jpg

This stuff is what you are sending out to all the websites you visit.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing with this involves the government. It's a policy change that really doesn't change anything. Hollywood and the RIAA have been doing this forever. They subpoena the ISP for your name and the ISPs would either respond or say fuck off. The next step would be a lawsuit against the ISP, which would immediately turn over your name. This way, you aren't immediately being sued for downloading and instead are getting a warning.

Also, if you are so worried about privacy:

sae4.jpg
citysign.jpg

This stuff is what you are sending out to all the websites you visit.

Well, proxies and VPNs seem to be all the more appealing. Granted, I've nothing to hide as far as I know (since I don't plan on using torrents). Yeah, I probably shouldn't get paranoid, but you know how it goes.

Bollocks, I really didn't want the city I live in have its name revealed to the forum, but guess the cat's outta the bag. But I'd rather that people not post it on here. If there are those who are curious as to why I don't want my current city to be revealed, by all means, continue this via PM and not the thread.

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it realistic to expect that the only torrents which will be monitored are ones which feature recently released content? For instance if one were to download a game which was three years old is it fairly safe to assume this won't be monitored? I wouldn't think it would be worth a companies time to monitor torrents which feature three year old content.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/0jb7vuzh3Xc?si=tYLCTavJ89a3Tdt0