Hacking Answers for Most Common Gateway 2.0 Questions

tHciNc

Total Random
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Like Poster above said and like has been reiterated soooooo many times, only upgrade via system settings to be 100% safe, there would be no actual point using a cartridge to update as even the newest games only have 6.2, so you would be prompted to update again.. No support will be given to people that cant spend 5 minutes reading the readme and help threads and dive right in, half the threads in this forum are basically from people blaming the product, when they should actually be blaming themselves :)_

Reactions: Tomy Sakazaki

m2300

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
please people who downloaded pokemon on emuNand from the eshop can you test trnasfering all the SD card content (including the emuNand partition )to another card and check if it will work so you can have two saves?

logon

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Anyone have a reliable method for saving in Legend of zelda: a link to the past ROM. When it jams while closing it doesn't save. I understand if there is NO reliable method

m2300

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Anyone have a reliable method for saving in Legend of zelda: a link to the past ROM. When it jams while closing it doesn't save. I understand if there is NO reliable method
i didn't have any problem with Zelda ether on 4.x GWmod or 6.3 EmuNand (first i played using 4.x GWmod then transferred my save to another SD card that has EmuNand and it worked great)
and i am using the USA ROM on my USA 3dsXL. the ROM name is : The_Legend_of_Zelda_A_Link_Between_Worlds_USA_3DS-ABSTRAKT
the problem might be in the EUR ROM
please people who downloaded pokemon on emuNand from the eshop can you test trnasfering all the SD card content (including the emuNand partition )to another card and check if it will work so you can have two saves?
any one knows?

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you download a game off the Nintendo store using EmuNand to get access do you have to reload into the emulated firmware each time to play it or can you play the game off the 4.x firmware?

second if you have a downloaded game that runs on 4.x firmware and you access it while using EmuNand and then try to play some more on the 4.x firmware does it cause save game issues?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i didn't have any problem with Zelda ether on 4.x GWmod or 6.3 EmuNand (first i played using 4.x GWmod then transferred my save to another SD card that has EmuNand and it worked great)
and i am using the USA ROM on my USA 3dsXL. the ROM name is : The_Legend_of_Zelda_A_Link_Between_Worlds_USA_3DS-ABSTRAKT
the problem might be in the EUR ROM
any one knows?

I'm using the EU rom here. No problems.

Have played for a while and saved game and exited multiple times, no freezing. Using Emunand, not tried without it.

tHciNc

Total Random
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I also tested both versions of Zelda on a 4.4 NZ PAL 3ds, was fine, got hangs to begin with (as i never actually saved) but then tested original Gwmode 4.4, then emuNAND 4.4 and 6.3, all 3 worked fine, Its seems to be no specific structure to why its happening

temp1312

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after formatting EmuNAND (which formats SD, havent had 1 freeze) and i only used GUI for backup and prep of NAND
I have a question.
How does "formatting emunand" mean?
1. Reformat NAND partition in GW GUI?
2. Format the NAND partition of SD in windows?
3. Reset the OS in settings of emunand?

Thanks.

tHciNc

Total Random
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Formatting EmuNAND means setting up the SD card for the EmuNAND, it copys an image of the nand to a portion of the sd card you cant see making it 1 gig smaller, so whenever you enter GW Mode it will load the NAND off the SD instead of the System (This is distinguished in system settings by having GW3D before FW version. Backup NAND is backing up a visible copy to your sd so you can back it up on PC

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
anybody found a way to fix the freeze on the grey line screen? I'm using the stock 4 gig SD card that came with my 3ds xl and I did everything as metioned in the user guide and it's crashing 2 out of 3 times :(

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine was loading perfectly everytime... until I was showing it to my friend. Now it does the grey line crash about 2/3 of the time lol. Was also having no problems with saving until I set up the shadow link streetpass battle thing. I will also mentioned that the time it did freeze on the "closing software" screen, I had my wifi switch on. I tried it again later with the switch off and it closed fine so I dunno.

tHciNc

Total Random
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
This is a common problem, have you tried another SD card with just launcher on it to rule out issues with the SDCard, also reseating the SD card and making sure all contacts are clean helps for some

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a common problem, have you tried another SD card with just launcher on it to rule out issues with the SDCard, also reseating the SD card and making sure all contacts are clean helps for some

My card is the stock SD card that came with my 3DS.. which I bought about a week ago. I did a complete format and only had the launcher on it.

temp1312

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Formatting EmuNAND means setting up the SD card for the EmuNAND, it copys an image of the nand to a portion of the sd card you cant see making it 1 gig smaller, so whenever you enter GW Mode it will load the NAND off the SD instead of the System (This is distinguished in system settings by having GW3D before FW version. Backup NAND is backing up a visible copy to your sd so you can back it up on PC

Thanks for your kind reply.
I think that's what we all do to use the emunand, I'm trying to find a solution for "freeze on GW mode loading" issue and I read this thread :
after formatting EmuNAND (which formats SD, havent had 1 freeze) and i only used GUI for backup and prep of NAND

So I'm wondering what's the difference between this "formatting EmuNAND" and what I have done.
Should I reformat it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny