ROM Hack ANOTHER DragonBall Kai Ultimate Butouden Translation

ingkurot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im using r4 wood 1.23 and patch v.35... It works perfectly.. great job!!! looking forward for more MOTTO translations
ohmy.gif
)

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dann Woolf said:
Teensy weensy mistake you made:

It's Kami's Lookout, not Kami's Temple.
oops ):
I was told it's a temple. Now I've gotta redo the whole stages again and repoint everything
ohnoes.png

Also a little mistake I found: When you beat a story mode episode it's supposed to say:

Episode
#-#
Title Title
Subtitle Subtitle
is now available!

It seems that "is now available!" got cut off due to the four-line limit ):

I fixed it just now (will be in the next patch) so that it'll say

Episode #-#:
Title Title
Subtitle Subtitle
is now available!
QUOTE(hackotedelaplaque @ Feb 12 2011, 07:54 AM) What's the problem with the Story Mode button image ?
I get an error when trying to add in some of the images using NLZ - GBA Advance (this also includes the headings at the top of each menu) that the new image being imported is larger than the old image and cancels the action. I've turned off what notifies me of that and it just ruins the game graphics when I do so
It's strange because I've downgraded the "Story Mode" graphic numerous times and I'm still getting the same error >_>

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gamez said:
SylentEcho said:
Hey Kosheh, could you please try making a translation out of the AP patched rom itself? That way we can all enjoy your patch.

indeed it could be great.

i wonder if he has read your post^^
I think if I did that though (started with an AP patched ROM and added everything back in) everyone with YSMenu would find themselves in the same situation again

SylentEcho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? I'm using Ys to play this game and the AP is the only thing coming in the way of your translation.

What I meant was for you to edit the files out of an already patched rom for your next release, so that everyone can play it.

I don't want to pressure you though. It's just that I and a whole lot of others are just too eager to play your patch, but cant.
frown.gif

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kosheh said:
Dann Woolf said:

oops ):
I was told it's a temple. Now I've gotta redo the whole stages again and repoint everything
ohnoes.png
Like SylentEcho said, it's the dub version, Temple is the direct translation used in fansubs, so you don't have to redo it.
smile.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fel said:
kosheh said:
Dann Woolf said:

oops ):
ohnoes.png
Like SylentEcho said, it's the dub version, Temple is the direct translation used in fansubs, so you don't have to redo it.
smile.gif
Yeah, it's not mandatory. I know how you feel, I used to (technically still do) rom hack and repointing is a PAIN.
Also, thanks for the new patch.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really want to play this game (I like fighting games), but I'm gonna wait for the final translation so I don't have to do incremental updates all the time. Glad this translation appears to be moving along quickly.

Keep up the good work!

flippride

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this wonderful patch!! working on r4 wood v1.23 can't wait for the next patch.. hoping for the story mode or story script to be translated!!
biggrin.gif

Dibblackbird

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My only problem I see is that my flashcard (cyclods evo) can't play this game unpatched. And you can't use your translator on an patched rom. Anyone know what I have to do to get a translated unpatched version to work on my cyclo?

hackotedelaplaqu

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
kosheh said:
I get an error when trying to add in some of the images using NLZ - GBA Advance (this also includes the headings at the top of each menu) that the new image being imported is larger than the old image and cancels the action. I've turned off what notifies me of that and it just ruins the game graphics when I do so
It's strange because I've downgraded the "Story Mode" graphic numerous times and I'm still getting the same error >_>

Can you tell me the offset in ROM of those pictures ?

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Elza said:
well i don t want to sound harsh but i took a look at your patch
http://img26.imageshack.us/g/20110212204605.png/
i don t like to steal my work even at my first project :/

Sorry bro
Oh geez e_e

I had mentioned that I did use some of the files from your patch initially to help me figure out where text was located (I'd literally import your file, find where it was, try my own insertions, and once I was finished then I'd overwrite them.

I was initially having problems with the Story Mode scripts (your first example); so I guess I forgot to repatch that file and just kept working...

I feel like I'd notice something like that, but I guess I overlooked that portion.
Sorry about that. Now I feel like a humongous ass. ('A`)

I know I totally redid the area where the second location is - it's the customization screen. :E That area's actually had pointers redone and everything.
If there's a similar screen elsewhere ingame; I don't think I came across that yet hence why I didn't pick up on it and overwrite. :/

But the third one is kind of stretching it, Elza >_> "Gen." is an abbreviation of "General" and I actually wrote that replacing "Gnrl" which just didn't...look right. So, before the second patch I'd written it as "Gen." IIRC it was one of the later files I worked on and I didn't have to insert/remove that part to find the strings. :/

You're not being harsh at all; I'm just not as thorough as I thought I was during revision. I'm really sorry about that Elza; it was more my carelessness while working than purposely stealing. >_>;

EDIT: oh, it seems we've forked again. Sorry things didn't work out as planned, Elza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice