ROM Hack ANOTHER DragonBall Kai Ultimate Butouden Translation

Dann Woolf

Deadpan Snarker
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
blahkamehameha said:
wait a sec. so, you and elza were working together, but since you used some of his work, he's disgruntled?

Yeah, when you think about it, that doesn't really make any sense.

And it's not like kosheh did it with malicious intent.

Cuelhu

GBATemp's Pepelatz Driver
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
dry.gif
how unethical of you, kosheh. You lost my respect.

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And it's coincidential how this is mentioned AFTER I remove the part of my post that says "I borrowed some of Elza's files when originally hacking and then reinserted the original Japanese text"; meaning if stuff was left in there it was due to my own carelessness :/
blahkamehameha said:
wait a sec. so, you and elza were working together, but since you used some of his work, he's disgruntled?
He's referring to code I left in there since the first version of my patch (when I originally used parts of Elza's patch for reference)
But since I never had gotten up to that point ingame I wasn't able to notice and say "oh geez, I left some of Elza's text in here"

It wasn't done with malicious intent; I mean look how far I've gotten since I started translating without noticing this whole time

Dann Woolf

Deadpan Snarker
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, but then you two started working together, so does it really matter that you borrowed some of his code?

I think splitting up is completely unnecessary.

bladexexe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, i love your translation but i found some uh mistakes i guess.
Your missing an "n" in option for the menu/title screen thing where u choose the game modes
and its SSJ3 Gotenks =)

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dann Woolf said:
Yeah, but then you two started working together, so does it really matter that you borrowed some of his code?

I think splitting up is completely unnecessary.
hmm
it kinda depends on how you look at it I guess!!

If the roles were reversed here, I'd be kind of initially pissed off (so I don't blame Elza) and I'd require some kind of explanation, all "wtf y u steal my WORK"

Elza translated some bits and pieces here and there and I suppose in my runthrough after using his code I didn't pick up on them. Sometimes I didn't straight-up unpatch - I'd copy and paste some of the code back in.

Elza also had weird little holes here and there where the dialogue was located in the patch which probably made text limits difficult; which might have actually been the antipiracy patches' work placed throughout.
I started off with a clean ROM, applied the patch in certain parts and then figured out what affected what before (usually) reversing my changes...which might also explain why my patch doesn't work with AP fixes - it's not going to patch the ROM where AP checks lie in the same exact places.
Making an AP fix version would also mean I'd have to rewrite half the translation which...I'm not very thrilled about doing

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's fine, kosheh. Wood R4 will be updated sometime (I hear it will be delayed or something like that, though.) and I think most people that are having problems are using that. It's better to wait than making you re-do the patch for an AP fix that will be fixed anyways.
Excellent work, by the way.
smile.gif

Dann Woolf

Deadpan Snarker
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Look, I can understand that you would be pissed if the roles were reversed, but again: you two started working together anyway, so really, does it matter?

Really, it's just a few bits and pieces, there's no need to split up over it.

I suggest you two make up and put this behind you, for the sake of the project.

Blunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ kosheh,
Dude just chill. You made this patch for us. You are willing to work with other people, so that this translation goes faster. You do care for us.

Elza is mad bcause of his works has been stolen blablabla, i mean srsly. Thats just selfishness. You even wrote in your README to the download, that you used Elzas work, you gave him CREDIT. I dont see the problem and im kinda dissapointed, that it ended like that.

I hope you will continue and make a good job. Keep up the good work and we will have a great translation

TheHunted1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Alex_32571 said:
It's fine, kosheh. Wood R4 will be updated sometime (I hear it will be delayed or something like that, though.) and I think most people that are having problems are using that. It's better to wait than making you re-do the patch for an AP fix that will be fixed anyways.
Excellent work, by the way.
smile.gif

hmmm TO ALL THE WOOD R4 USERS,, it works so stop posting post that it doesnt. Download the latest version of kosheh and there is an AP readme in it. Read it, do it and then stop whining ( cuz u will be playiing ^^)

ingkurot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Elza stated that his DBZ kai translation is his "first project" then here comes kosheh stealing the scene... hmmm i don't think its a good thing to do...

Mardax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So About patch. When you translate helemts you don't translate first and second helmet. I thinc you don't know what is a name of it.

1: 1st Saiyaman Helmet
2: 2nd Saiyaman Helmet ... Or if you have a space: "1 Great Saiyaman Helmet"
wink.gif

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
I'm glad neither of you are pissy about this, and aren't hurling insults at each other. We need more people like you and Elza.
Thanks. We're both pretty mellow people, but if Elza made his decision that's cool with me. I've got nothing against him; hopefully we'll be able to work together again someday, possibly on a later project. :J
I was shooting more for...like, helping Elza out as we both worked on it, but my workaholicness might have overwhelmed him a bit :/

Also I need some DBZ nerd help: Raditz has three specials. Double Sunday, Saturday Crush, and one more written as "Kutabare!". "Kutabare!" means "Fuck you!" - in Japanese, it's one of the harshest things you can say to a person; "Fuck you!" doesn't do it justice lol. He even shouts it during the attack.

I've translated the move as-is but having a heart I had to comedically make it "FACK you!!" in the Command List.
All he does is shoot a quick energy beam.
Are you guys OK with your game showing a nice "Fuck You!" onscreen while playing?
For now, I've just changed it to "Get Lost!"
Or should I change it entirely and rename an attack?

SABERinBLUE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here's how my day has gone:

1: I check gbatemp for the first time in a while and find a new Dragonball game on the second page of NDS releases that I somehow had completely missed hearing about before now
2: I check the hacking and trans board on the off-chance that-
3: Holy shit a translation's been done that makes the game pretty much completely playable!
4: HOLY SHIT IT'S BEEN UPDATED ALREADY

Seriously guys, thank you so much for all your work on this, I can't even tell you. This is 90% of why I own a flash cart.

kosheh said:
Also I need some DBZ nerd help: Raditz has three specials. Double Sunday, Saturday Crush, and one more written as "Kutabare!". "Kutabare!" means "Fuck you!" - in Japanese, it's one of the harshest things you can say to a person; "Fuck you!" doesn't do it justice lol. He even shouts it during the attack.

I've translated the move as-is but having a heart I had to comedically make it "FACK you!!" in the Command List.
All he does is shoot a quick energy beam.
Are you guys OK with your game showing a nice "Fuck You!" onscreen while playing?
For now, I've just changed it to "Get Lost!"
Or should I change it entirely and rename an attack?

Hey, cuss it up, what are people going to do, complain that the free translation is offending them? "Fuck you" is cooler.

OR you could put it as "Keep your eye on the birdy!"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Gallium Arsenic Nitride :P lol