ROM Hack ANOTHER DragonBall Kai Ultimate Butouden Translation

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SylentEcho said:
Actually "Keep Your Eye on the Birdy" originated from Ocean Dub. Abridged kicks ass though.

Kosheh, I think "drop dead" sounds lame. How about "piss off" or "to hell with you" or "die fool!".
Ah, DBZ's early days, so nostalgic.

Also, I think "drop dead" sounds better than "die fool" (saying the latter makes you sound like Mr.T).

QUOTE(Alex_32571 @ Feb 13 2011, 05:38 PM) In Budokai 1 I think Raditz says "Drop dead", like someone else above stated.
Or maybe it was Vegeta. Idk.
No, it was Raditz.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SylentEcho said:
Actually "Keep Your Eye on the Birdy" originated from Ocean Dub. Abridged kicks ass though.

Kosheh, I think "drop dead" sounds lame. How about "piss off" or "to hell with you" or "die fool!".

It's a common Dragonball Z phrase. This translation isn't being made for you, it has to appeal to others, too.
Saying "Piss off", "To hell with you", just sounds pretty amateurish.

I think it's best if you stuck to the Japanese, kosheh.
As others have mentioned(including myself), Raditz usually says, "Drop dead". (It's out of Raditz and Vegeta).

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
He shoots this obnoxiously sneaky beam, so "Drop dead!" or "Get lost!" is pretty fitting (also "Get lost!" is the same amount of letters as "fuck you!", lol)

i went to NYC today so no work happened on the patch
I got Naruto Shippuden Shinobi Rumble (holy hell what did they do to this game? if the game is ever dumped, undub the hell out of it, omg it's terrible and you can tell they didn't give much of a shit because they replaced some of the menu's nice DS text with ARIAL BOLD. WTF ARIAL FUCKING EVERYWHERE)

oh, and i also got marvel vs capcom 3, lol
expect me to do absolutely nothing this week rofl *

* kind of a lie I've been working on ability names for the past hour

pokeblade Z

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
could you make it original? i dont think drop dead is good original is better
sad.gif

SylentEcho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
This translation isn't being made for you, it has to appeal to others, too.I never said I wanted it that way. I was just voicing my opinion.

QUOTESince Wood R4 has now been updated the problems regarding the Patch+ AP Patch solved or not?
Not for us clone users. ShopTemp shut down and now I don't know where to get an original R4.
frown.gif

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SylentEcho said:
QUOTE said:
This translation isn't being made for you, it has to appeal to others, too.I never said I wanted it that way. I was just voicing my opinion.

QUOTESince Wood R4 has now been updated the problems regarding the Patch+ AP Patch solved or not?
Not for us clone users. ShopTemp shut down and now I don't know where to get an original R4.
frown.gif
Didn't it just re-open yesterday, with flashcart sales and all?

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SylentEcho said:
OMG are you sure? Or are they just keeping it open for already placed orders?
Now why would they do that if it was already shut down once?

Haven't you read the GBATemp portal lately, lol?

EDIT: Actually it's shoptemp.net

ohoho

exzeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
N-TG said:
SABERinBLUE said:
kosheh said:
Also I need some DBZ nerd help: Raditz has three specials. Double Sunday, Saturday Crush, and one more written as "Kutabare!". "Kutabare!" means "Fuck you!" - in Japanese, it's one of the harshest things you can say to a person; "Fuck you!" doesn't do it justice lol. He even shouts it during the attack.

I've translated the move as-is but having a heart I had to comedically make it "FACK you!!" in the Command List.
All he does is shoot a quick energy beam.
Are you guys OK with your game showing a nice "Fuck You!" onscreen while playing?
For now, I've just changed it to "Get Lost!"
Or should I change it entirely and rename an attack?

Hey, cuss it up, what are people going to do, complain that the free translation is offending them? "Fuck you" is cooler.

OR you could put it as "Keep your eye on the birdy!"

Nice Abridged Reference there
tongue.gif

But the Get Lost! or Die! would work ok I guess...

i vote for "Die!" too..
"Drop dead" sounded more like something comin out of a 'tsundere' character....im sure raditz is all tsun tsun and no dere.

or maybe Raditz actually a yandere.( he wants goku so much he had to try and kill him.)

on a side note despite me hating dragonball evolution

i cant help but notice that kosheh's avatar is aesthetically pleasing ...it make me want to watch db evolution...(though i really dont want to watch it considering reviews and how it strays away from the original)

EDIT:@gamez what you said was exactly what i had in mind for SylentEcho...

SylentEcho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acekard is better than R4 with Wood?

exzeed said:
i cant help but notice that kosheh's avatar is aesthetically pleasing ...it make me want to watch db evolution...(though i really dont want to watch it considering reviews and how it strays away from the original)
Once you watch it you can't unwatch it. It's so bad that it gets burned into your memory forever.

Ok, guys I got this to work on my Wood for Clones, but when it autosaves, it says "Could not write data. Power Off the DS, check Game Card and retry". What do I do?

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SylentEcho said:
exzeed said:
i cant help but notice that kosheh's avatar is aesthetically pleasing ...it make me want to watch db evolution...(though i really dont want to watch it considering reviews and how it strays away from the original)Once you watch it you can't unwatch it. It's so bad that it gets burned into your memory forever.
It really does. After starting translation of this game I wanted to see DragonBall Evolution again REALLY BADLY
I haven't actually sat down and watched it yet, but maybe tonight I will. I loved it in a ...really bad movie kinda way. I like bad movies due to their campiness. :J
Like I loved the 1995 Street Fighter with Jean-Claude van Damme because even the movie was poking fun at itself for being so bad. DragonBall Evolution does kind of the same thing - as long as you keep the mindset of "This is Hollywood's take on DragonBall of course it's not going to be amazing", it's gonna be ridiculously likeable. Even moreso because the movie tries desperately to take itself seriously.
But yeah, instead of watching DBE instead I grabbed a copy of the PSP game and ripped the character select and story mode dialogue images.
And it's a terrible game - the whole sequence where Goku "refuses to fight" in DBE is done all with text and goofy, emotionless Fire Emblem-esque cutscene pictures that shake and move everyone once in a while.

QUOTE(SylentEcho @ Feb 14 2011, 05:06 PM)
Ok, guys I got this to work on my Wood for Clones, but when it autosaves, it says "Could not write data. Power Off the DS, check Game Card and retry". What do I do?
Do what it says.
tongue.gif

At least change the memory type of the save since it doesn't seem to want to work with your old, corrupted save

also cool clonewood

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Please click all suspicious links sent your email