Hacking ANNOUNCING: GATEWAY 2.1 "OMEGA" PUBLIC RELEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ris312

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hm..i downloaded all 3 programs but im lost...what now? how to i actually compare these values? :/

Click for small guide: http://i.imgur.com/lXOJG8X.png

then just copy / paste the resulting CRC from step 5 into 3ds.essh.co and see if you get a match.
(edit: The rom needs to be untrimmed for the CRC to match)

I use a program called 'Hashtab', it adds a 'File Hashes' tab in the file properties box.

Reactions: Metoroid0

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Click for small guide: http://i.imgur.com/lXOJG8X.png

then just copy / paste the resulting CRC from step 5 into 3ds.essh.co and see if you get a match.
(edit: The rom needs to be untrimmed for the CRC to match)

I use a program called 'Hashtab', it adds a 'File Hashes' tab in the file properties box.

oh wow :O this hashtab is fenomenal, neet and fast..and small :)

Thanks a lot!

By the way,whta exactly IS CRC32 and MD5 (do i need to check MD5 anso or is CRC32 ok, so i can safely put 3DS roms on Gateway?)

Ennea

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
MD5 is more accurate

Great answer.. not.

CRC32 was used in the past to error check files. Basically, it's like a hash in that it's a fixed length string generated from a dynamic length output. If you download a file and generate the CRC32 from it, and it's not the same as listed on the website you downloaded it from (provided it tells you what it's supposed to be), then the file is corrupted, or worse, has been maliciously altered. CRC32 is very easy to manipulate though; adding 4 more bytes to any file is enough to create every CRC32 sum you desire.

MD5, on the other hand, is more of a hashing algorithm; there are "collisions" - two and more inputs generating the same output - but it's a lot harder to get to a valid one. So, generally speaking, MD5 is the better choice for file integrity checks.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Great answer.. not.

CRC32 was used in the past to error check files. Basically, it's like a hash in that it's a fixed length string generated from a dynamic length output. If you download a file and generate the CRC32 from it, and it's not the same as listed on the website you downloaded it from (provided it tells you what it's supposed to be), then the file is corrupted, or worse, has been maliciously altered. CRC32 is very easy to manipulate though; adding 4 more bytes to any file is enough to create every CRC32 sum you desire.

MD5, on the other hand, is more of a hashing algorithm; there are "collisions" - two and more inputs generating the same output - but it's a lot harder to get to a valid one. So, generally speaking, MD5 is the better choice for file integrity checks.

wow, i love your answer :) thanks!

but by the way..where can i find MD5 code that i can match with one i got from 3DS rom?
On 3ds.essh.co there's only CRC code, not the MD5 code.... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BG2CNT @ BG2CNT:
    oh right diddy
  • BG2CNT @ BG2CNT:
    i saw that from penguiz0's video
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    The video that I linked is more in depth. If you enjoy watching a one hour video.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night btw
  • BG2CNT @ BG2CNT:
    @SylverReZ like a hour long? that's a bit way too long but it depends, i have seem 1 hour long videos
  • BG2CNT @ BG2CNT:
    i have a fucked attention span and somehow i can watch those videos
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its almost 11:30 pm and I should go to sleep c ya
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Goodnight
    +1
  • BG2CNT @ BG2CNT:
    @Xdqwerty Goodnight
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My Zelda character burned dinner and Link came home drunk and was pissed, slapped me, so I'm packing my bags and going to my sisters house. This game is crazy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So these sound core a20is pretty good bass boost is stronger than I thought
    +1
  • BG2CNT @ BG2CNT:
    i downloaded echoes of the wisdom
  • BG2CNT @ BG2CNT:
    nintendo will sue me but i don't care
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm sure you're on Nintendos hit list
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    When you play it, don't burn the dinner or Link will go apeshit.
  • BG2CNT @ BG2CNT:
    @K3Nv3 i don't give a shiet
  • BG2CNT @ BG2CNT:
    nintendo ninjas can't with my fists
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not on v3 yet
    +2
  • BG2CNT @ BG2CNT:
    oh wait
  • BG2CNT @ BG2CNT:
    yeah i need to get more anti sleep drugs
  • BG2CNT @ BG2CNT:
    sorry
  • Michael-MSL @ Michael-MSL:
    good evening and morning
  • P @ placez:
    cant get my mig switch to work still getting cannot read files, after the light blinks
  • S @ shezagamer:
    heyyyyyyyyy
    S @ shezagamer: heyyyyyyyyy