Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't know where to post this

WiiU Official Specs

Launches: 2012

Size: Approximately 1.8 inches tall, 6.8 inches wide and 10.5 inches long.

New Controller: The new controller incorporates a 6.2-inch, 16:9 touch screen and traditional button controls, including two analog Circle Pads. This combination removes the traditional barriers between games, players and the TV by creating a second window into the video game world. The rechargeable controller includes a Power button, Home button, +Control Pad, A/B/X/Y buttons, L/R buttons and ZL/ZR buttons. It includes a built-in accelerometer and gyroscope, rumble feature, camera, a microphone, stereo speakers, a sensor strip and a stylus

Other Controls: Up to four Wii Remote™ (or Wii Remote Plus) controllers can be connected at once. The new console supports all Wii™ controllers and input devices, including the Nunchuk™ controller, Classic Controller™, Classic Controller Pro™ and Wii Balance Board™.

Media: A single self-loading media bay will play 12-centimeter proprietary high-density optical discs for the new console, as well as 12-centimeter Wii optical discs

Video Output: Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI, component, S-video and composite

Audio Output: Uses AV Multi Out connector. Six-channel PCM linear output through HDMI.

Storage: The console will have internal flash memory, as well as the option to expand its memory using either an SD memory card or an external USB hard disk drive.

CPU: IBM Power®-based multi-core microprocessor.

Other: Four USB 2.0 connector slots are included. The new console is backward compatible with Wii games and Wii accessories.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
SamAsh07 said:
Bladexdsl said:
QUOTE said:
Doug Creutz from Cowen and Company acknowledged Wii U's "promise" but questioned the machine's power. "I'm not sure how revolutionary it will be," he said. According to Creutz, Wii U is "on a par" with PS3 and Xbox 360 rather than "a step up".

this right here is why all Analysts are fuck-tards and know absolutely jack shit what their talking about especially that ***t Pachter he is the biggest gfx whore on earth i can't stand him!

a step up? he doesn't know fuck all the next ps4/720 are not going to be that different from what they are now. games are already in 1080p and they will remain that next gen consoles have pretty much reached their limit. if these fuck-tards actually did their reasearch and did what their supposed to be paid to do they would know this.
+1 for typing out my thoughts
rolleyes.gif
And how do you know? Who knows, maybe tomorrow TV developers will make a way to develop TVs showing in 2160P and the PS4 and 720 will take advantage of that.

Nintendo stepped out of the gate waaaaay too fucking early this gen.

And the need for a 2160p display in the average-size living room is......?

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
SamAsh07 said:
Bladexdsl said:
QUOTE said:
Doug Creutz from Cowen and Company acknowledged Wii U's "promise" but questioned the machine's power. "I'm not sure how revolutionary it will be," he said. According to Creutz, Wii U is "on a par" with PS3 and Xbox 360 rather than "a step up".

this right here is why all Analysts are fuck-tards and know absolutely jack shit what their talking about especially that ***t Pachter he is the biggest gfx whore on earth i can't stand him!

a step up? he doesn't know fuck all the next ps4/720 are not going to be that different from what they are now. games are already in 1080p and they will remain that next gen consoles have pretty much reached their limit. if these fuck-tards actually did their reasearch and did what their supposed to be paid to do they would know this.
rolleyes.gif
And how do you know? Who knows, maybe tomorrow TV developers will make a way to develop TVs showing in 2160P and the PS4 and 720 will take advantage of that.

QUESTION: Do you think people will buy a new TV just to use a console to it's full potential? Come on, many people just barely bought TVs with 1080p capabilities. Might as well just buy a new computer.

Hell, if my guess is anything, Microsoft and Sony are going to pull some crazy shit with their next console. They're gonna take a page from the Nintendo Handbook from the section under innovation. The PSVita innovated a little with the touch pad on the back. Me thinks that this generation is going to see Nintendo lose out on some of their market share.

No, I think the way graphics are created and generated is going to change. Higher resolution and more detailed objects are going to become the norm before a new TV standard will be established.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Slyakin said:
SamAsh07 said:
Bladexdsl said:
QUOTE said:

rolleyes.gif

ohmy.gif
but i don't even have a HDTV yet

YouKnowThatGuy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
If you remember the Gamecube, you should remember that it was beaten enormously by their old rival, Sony, and pretty thoroughly spanked by the newbies, Microsoft. If they were trying to make their next console like a Gamecube then they are doing it wrong.

Nope. GameCube and Xbox were like 20 million vs 21 million.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YouKnowThatGuy said:
Guild McCommunist said:
If you remember the Gamecube, you should remember that it was beaten enormously by their old rival, Sony, and pretty thoroughly spanked by the newbies, Microsoft. If they were trying to make their next console like a Gamecube then they are doing it wrong.

He meant the PS2.

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
It sound like they haven't played it yet...
Also, does anyone else feel the reason the big N didn't show the actuall console that much
Means they have something up their sleves?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YouKnowThatGuy said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Xbox was like 24 million and Gamecube was 21 million.

EDIT: Compared to the 150 million of the PS2.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
TwinRetro said:
Slyakin said:
I see this happening:

Launch - Several casual games (maybe some Ubisoft, possibly a Mario) and several "core" games (if ported, maybe MW2 and Assassin's Creed)

Six months in - Casual games start to dominate, core games slowly fade

One year in - No more core games to be found, completely casual

It's like the Nintendo curse or something.

Nintendo has long set itself in the "Family Console" niche. You can't expect to switch gears and have people think you're doing good for the core audience.

what? They are always in front. They took a side step with Wii only.. let me geuss you are just about 15 years old?

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
Ace Faith said:
Ahem.... Remember the GameCube? It had the most mature titles of all Nintendo consoles. Who is to say this new gen console won't target core audience? Sure, analysts say some smart stuff, but they're often wrong a lot, too. There's definitely potential for Nintendo to aim at the core audience, and that's also what I'm rooting for.

Uhh, dunno where you pulled your figures from but the Gamecube was in no way "spanked by the newbies, Microsoft" by any means. In fact, the sales differences between the two were very minimal. The Gamecube failed because developers didn't like the proprietary storage medium and the fact that Nintendo wasn't going for online as being a focus of their future, and in essence Microsoft was able to one up Nintendo because of that simple fact.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o