Status
Not open for further replies.

ninja_07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Fair enough if it is all a big bluff, but i still would like to be sure it's geniune
smile.gif

neoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ninja_07 said:
I'm sure one of the older members will be able to clear it up.

Here's My R4, can anyone confirm if it's real/fake, almost everything points towards real, but the white text that pokes out in the circle is worrying
r4ey6.jpg

No worries. R4 has the text poking out.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
neoice said:
ninja_07 said:
I'm sure one of the older members will be able to clear it up.

Here's My R4, can anyone confirm if it's real/fake, almost everything points towards real, but the white text that pokes out in the circle is worrying
r4ey6.jpg

No worries. R4 has the text poking out.

its a real version 2 R4DS
smile.gif

the obvious fakes have a large square poking out under the sticker (square lump under the sticker) where R4 is solid plastic fronted and you should not be able to feel the chip sticking out when you run your finger over the sticker
smile.gif

laminaatplaat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have the v.1 with the fins over the connectors and springloaded they are safe anyway right? and feels solid under the r4 sticker. I bought it more then 1 year ago

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok what I don't get is how team R4 say "in the future". How do they already know that in the future there will be fake R4s which brick your DS?

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The funny thing is, after already buying multiple flashcarts, I would be even more unlikely to purchase an R4 after this announcement. It's basically hurting their future customer base. Look at this way:

You knowingly buy a fake R4 and it bricks your DS -> You hate on R4 team because they created the firmware to do so.

You unknowingly buy a fake R4 and it bricks your DS -> You hate on R4 team because they created the firmware to do so.

See a difference? Yeah. Neither one of these has an outcome with "OH MAN I SHOULD/SHOULD HAVE bought the REAL R4." No, it means you don't play the guessing game and purchase a competitor's cart. And if you own an R4, you are probably less likely to want to do the update if you're not sure that it's real. And instead of chancing it by purchasing another R4, you'd buy a competitor's cart that doesn't do this bs.

::scratches head::

I hope it's something bad in the translation of this, because really this is not shooting themselves in the foot, but rather in the head. It's not going to make anyone run out and buy an R4 for fear of bricking their DS, and it's not going to make any current R4 owners want to go out and buy another/new/real R4 either for the same reason. The only people that benefit from this are the resellers, who will sell the product, real or fake, and keep the money either way.

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ackers said:
Ok what I don't get is how team R4 say "in the future". How do they already know that in the future there will be fake R4s which brick your DS?
I think they just planned on making that kind of firmware that bricks your ds...

neoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rod said:
I've just checked out my R4 box, and noticed that besides the fact it only has "R4 Revolution" written on it, it only shows "R4 Funcionality" instead of the "R4DS Funcionality" shown in both of these boxes:
http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n269/kl...nt=DSCF2228.jpg

Anyone can give me a clue? In my R4 really fake (as I've suspected for some time now) or is just the packaging "different", like and older model of something?
frown.gif

EDIT: lol, just realized the packaging says "The box includes: R4, MicroSD card reader, CD (eletronic user manual)", even though there was no CD with it. =|

Having no CD is nothing to worry about. The Real R4 doesn't come with the CD anymore. They should really fix the box though. Confuses the hell out of some people.

Anyways to tell without opening the R4, look at the microSD symbol. If the first ridge is pointy like /\ it's fake. If it's like /------\ it's real.

yukia666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is my first post on this Forum, but this topic had caught my eye.
I've been seeing that everyone is posting about the English R4, but what about the Chinese R4?
Do I have to worry about the Chinese R4 being a fake? Because all the Fake R4s seem to be English ones... Anyone have any info on this subject? It'll be a great help~
Thanks In Advance
biggrin.gif
*continues to stalk the forums*

Mutcholoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
another picture of my R4,this time showing the back
r4.jpg

cant find a way to open it,plus im afraid that maybe i cant close it later
biggrin.gif

D

Deleted-119707

@Mutch,
it doesnt say revolution for ds on the front sticker...

jacko360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
going from nepoice has said bout the ridge, mine is a fake
hate2.gif

I am still unconvinced this is 100% right, please correct if I am wrong but did'nt someone say in this thread about this "announcement" is from a little know (before this "announcement" came out) forum. Why have they not posted this "announcement" into english yet and post it on their english forums (if they have one) or at least put it on their main site, not everyone can read chinese

neoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jacko360 said:
going from nepoice has said bout the ridge, mine is a fake
hate2.gif

I am still unconvinced this is 100% right, please correct if I am wrong but did'nt someone say in this thread about this "announcement" is from a little know (before this "announcement" came out) forum. Why have they not posted this "announcement" into english yet and post it on their english forums (if they have one) or at least put it on their main site, not everyone can read chinese

Maybe you just have bad eyes.
Hold it straight infront of you, and tilt it AWAY from you. That should make it easier to see.

I scared myself tilting it this way and that, and with my eyes, it looks pointy from certain angles.

If it's still pointy then better luck next time

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
Mutcholoko said:
another picture of my R4,this time showing the back
r4.jpg

cant find a way to open it,plus im afraid that maybe i cant close it later
biggrin.gif
Wow, I think you have the winner for the fakest R4. You don't even need to open it to tell it's fake, the sticker is a dead giveaway with the missing text and the fact that it's not a foil sticker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1