Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Smiths,

Bliss has dsmplay, lmp-ng, and textview plug-ins working for the AK2 with his menu. DSVideo and tuna-vids don't work for the AK2 yet.

-Bri

TotoGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Could anyone quickly sum up the extra features AKAIO has over the official loader? Haven't been able to find a proper feature list anywhere, and I'm only familiar with the Bliss loader, so no idea what all the others do.

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
The plugin garbage was really making me upset, so I made it so the AK2-working plugins (which we don't have sources for) will look in the AIO dir andif it's on the AK2 use the plugin, but it will have a .AK2 extensions (instead of AK4). The .AK4 plugins are for the RPG and will be used if a file is loaded on the RPG.

Should this go into the release (I just mailed my mods to Norm, but it all goes through Korea), it's all behind the scenes stuff for the end-user, since the plugin directory in the RAR would contain the plugins named properly. the only disadvantage until the plugins' sources are available is that technically you'll have duplicate plugins for cross-compatibility in that dir, which takes up like an extra 2megs.

Annoyance... but such is the case now.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I assume if you have an AK2, the .AK4 files can be safely removed to save space? You should add that to the README file if you haven't already.

-Bri

Smiths

Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
yeah, technically they can. if 2megs is that important really obviously. A lot of my modifications to the AceKard software have been based on making it just a "durr i got a card i unzip thing to it and it done work", but having ability to tweak it if you are so inclined.

Hence the cheat cleanups, shortcut modifications, copying and pasting, etc. and Streamlining as many options as possible to eliminate the need to memorize button combos.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm fairly technically savvy, and even I appreciate a streamlined interface. I hate memorizing buttons combinations, so I totally appreciate it.

-Bri

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Will it be able to delete folders? So far neither the R4 nor AK2 firmware allowed to delete non-empty folders. Only DSorganize could.

And no I can't waaaaait for it~ give us a beta at least?

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
IT'S OVER 9000! I've been wondering the same thing, except a while ago I was told to be patient. What's strange however, is that on the AK forums there are no new posts about it in the thread, also no blog news. Forgive my impatience yet again but I must ask what is going on? If it's about not having tested it enough I will be more than happy to ride a beta...

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be patient.

The week-old version I have is working fine for the most part, so I imagine it shouldn't be too much longer.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Urza,

In the meantime, can you tell us what the differences are between AKAIO and Bliss? I assume that AKAIO has everything Bliss has plus some extras? Can you tell us what those extra features are? Does Bliss have any features that are not in AKAIO?

-Bri

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you comparing it to Bliss when AKAIO is just the progression of the freely available AKBBS project?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't comparing the two. I have the Bliss menu on an AK2, and am interested in what features the AKAIO menu has that the Bliss menu doesn't have and vice versa.

Perhaps you would be so kind as to grace us with an answer if you know the answer, otherwise a simple "I don't know" would likely suffice.

-Bri

Smiths

Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
I wasn't comparing the two. I have the Bliss menu on an AK2, and am interested in what features the AKAIO menu has that the Bliss menu doesn't have and vice versa.

Perhaps you would be so kind as to grace us with an answer if you know the answer, otherwise a simple "I don't know" would likely suffice.

-Bri

Many of the features are shared. There were many items taken from bliss' RPG to AKBBS, and vice-versa.
The main difference of ideals I'd say is we've strived on the AKBBS/AIO design side to be more "logical" with menu positions and items and less focused on key-combos and sub-menus.
Cheats are in their own Start -> More -> Cheats menu, rather than selecting a game and hitting X,X,X,X... there's no "auto" cheat window (that would annoy me, and dammit coder preferences rule) and autorun is in simply because it's already there... but I never use it. don't think Normmatt does either.

I've done a lot of visual tweaks that bliss may or may not have included in his firmware, mainly because I am very anal about where things are and how they are presented.
I think he's done a lot more 3in1 support things with less "checks" for alternate cartridges. I own an old FlashAdvance GBA cartridge, so I threw in support for it (mainly for me, so I can just use it from within the GUI).
Normmatt and I communicate ideas as well; bliss typically adds his own.

Oh, and AIO has slow-motion from what I can tell.

Again, right now it's just a bunch of Korea Piracy Prevention Procedures going on... so we all have to wait for the "OK".

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Sorry about no news guys, been busy. At the moment my latest code isnt working on the AK2 (not booting at all) can't workout why so i'll have to get an older version of the code and port my changes into it. (not going to be fun). Smiths seeing as you have a compilable source can you email it to me. Hopefully the release wont be delayed that much longer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?