Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
As of this moment I've Officially stopped development on AKAIO, as its a losing battle, and there really isnt any motivation to even release whats currently already done. Maybe in the future things will be different but until then your just going to have to use Bliss' (Ohh how i hate to say that), I'm sure Bliss will implement everything we were going to eventually because well he just steals code and ideas from others and gives no credit and I'm just plain sick of it so sorry guys there wont be an AKAIO release from me.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a feeling that if AKAIO is released, nobody will use Bliss any more. It would be a shame if you didn't release AKAIO!

-Bri

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't say its the worst, the R4 decision to sabotage counterfeit units with a malicious firmware is likely to just drive people away from buying them--at least the few paying enough attention to even know what's going on. Who wants to accept the risk that your DS will end up bricked because the supplier ordered the wrong units, and nobody willing to take responsibility should you suffer as a result?

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
...And the reason me and Smiths are stopping development is mainly because of Bliss.

I think ya'll (Smiths, Normatt) should take all your hard work and ideas and start fresh on a new loader.

I really appreciate all the work you've done so far (the slow mo is mighty impressive)! so thank you both for everything
grog.gif
, and I hope you dont throw in the towel on developing such a kewl UI.

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
It's by far not the worst. And the reason me and Smiths are stopping development is mainly because of Bliss.

Yep,
I'll quote my AceKard BBS post:

Yep. Couldn't say it better myself.
Sorry guys. I know it's dramatic and all, but seriously... I know Normmatt is a little fed up with it and I've been quite fed up with it for some time.

Open-source = Open Source. SVN problems or not, you zip/rar up your source and release it. It's fine if you're just adding your own things.. but you do not let others release something, release their source, then steal their source uncredited and not even upload your source in any fashion.

I've been done for quite some time; Norm got me back into it with the AIO work he did.. but I guess what worked awesome for us and some private testers just did not work at all for Korea. Must be our flimsy foreign coding.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
VatoLoco said:
Normmatt said:
...And the reason me and Smiths are stopping development is mainly because of Bliss.

I think ya'll (Smiths, Normatt) should take all your hard work and ideas and start fresh on a new loader.

I really appreciate all the work you've done so far (the slow mo is mighty impressive)! so thank you both for everything
grog.gif
, and I hope you dont throw in the towel on developing such a kewl UI.

I've actually been discussing making a new loader based on AKAIO which will work similar to YSMENU and use the flashcarts official loaders, but provide a unified interface. This could work fairly well, but only time will tell weather i attempt this or not.

Fantasma-del-Car

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, after two months of use. My Acekard 2 is as good as a table leg stabilizer. Its no good. It says "FAT ERROR." So by reading other threads I now realize that fortunately for me, my 8GB sd card is still good but my Acekard is gone. Too bad, I really liked the look and user friendliness....

seren

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is extremely sad to hear. It was nice having the coders have some interaction with the users. I hope you do continue your new project and all the best to you.

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
As of this moment I've Officially stopped development on AKAIO, as its a losing battle, and there really isnt any motivation to even release whats currently already done. Maybe in the future things will be different but until then your just going to have to use Bliss' (Ohh how i hate to say that), I'm sure Bliss will implement everything we were going to eventually because well he just steals code and ideas from others and gives no credit and I'm just plain sick of it so sorry guys there wont be an AKAIO release from me.

Bliss might not
smile.gif

http://bliss.hanirc.org/blog/

"I will get off my hand these custom firmware projects because of dirty backbiting cowards.
And I will remove all my source code and binary release about these projects in 7 days from my HDD and homepage."

Drama queen or nothing left to steal or genuine reasons who knows.

ROM Troll

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to hijack the thread but seeing the future looks grim, does anyone have tutorials or introductory samples to share that would help one to get started in creating a AKRPG OS/shell/firmware? I've installed MinGW, MSYS, and the Acekard 406 source but it looks like I'll have to trace through the code.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
ROM Troll said:
Not to hijack the thread but seeing the future looks grim, does anyone have tutorials or introductory samples to share that would help one to get started in creating a AKRPG OS/shell/firmware? I've installed MinGW, MSYS, and the Acekard 406 source but it looks like I'll have to trace through the code.

Well for starters you dont need MinGW, MinGW is a windows gnu suite. You need devkitarm, you can get the build environment off the official acekard website, though their build environment is very out of date and isnt as good as the latest devkitarm but its probably the easiest to setup and get compiling.

QUOTE(jabjab @ Jul 7 2008, 07:37 PM) Bliss might not
smile.gif

"I will get off my hand these custom firmware projects because of dirty backbiting cowards.
And I will remove all my source code and binary release about these projects in 7 days from my HDD and homepage."

All i can say to that he's copying us again. but this time hes atleast giving partial credit
tongue.gif

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I can't believe you guys - even with the opensource green light from team AK you still managed to get into a copyright/idea-theft fight and blow it all up. I've seen closed-source software hacks and reverse engineering projects that've gone more smoothly.

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If Bliss has really given up, then can't you two continue, and make it how you want to...

And as an added bonus nobody will use Bliss' loader!

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
jabjab said:
Bliss might not
smile.gif

All i can say to that he's copying us again. but this time hes atleast giving partial credit
tongue.gif
lol
smile.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So now there won't be any custom menu for the AK2?

You guys need to work this out and agree to credit each other's work from now on. Seriously. It seems like the only ones getting hurt here are the users and probably Acekard.

-Bri

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
Searinox said:
I can't believe you guys - even with the opensource green light from team AK you still managed to get into a copyright/idea-theft fight and blow it all up. I've seen closed-source software hacks and reverse engineering projects that've gone more smoothly.

Hell, I never thought it'd be possible either!
Speaking for myself, ift was not my intent to cause any "drama" or my remote desire to have any.

It was a bunch of compounding source swiping with multiple requests for source code release getting denied.

It's sad, really.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, why you hurting your sisters