Hacking AKRPG firmware on AK2?

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Sad indeed. The AK2 was cheap and promissed to recieve awesome featured for its price, then bad batches(mine died too) and AKAIO drama literally killed it.

amgupt01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For god's sake, just make it closed source then! I'd rather have a closed source but awesome menu than none at all.

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
7/7/08
The fall of custom firmware for the acekard 2

Well its not like you were the official team and that we had lost ALL support for the card.....
You guys were nice bunch of volunteers that wanted to make this card better for others for nothing in return.

Well thanks for your effort and time that you put in this project.

lurbi

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Smiths said:
Hell, I never thought it'd be possible either!
Speaking for myself, ift was not my intent to cause any "drama" or my remote desire to have any.

It was a bunch of compounding source swiping with multiple requests for source code release getting denied.

I really hope that you continue, and sort things out.

I was buying an AK2 recently because of the prospect of AK AIO.
And now it seems that there will be no custom firmware for AK2 at all
frown.gif
((

I was not really following the whole topic ... but now that bliss has posted that he'll quit, cant you 2 try to continue your custom firmware efforts?

I hope that not all hope is lost for AK2 custom firmware.

decayed.cell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Searinox said:
I can't believe you guys - even with the opensource green light from team AK you still managed to get into a copyright/idea-theft fight and blow it all up. I've seen closed-source software hacks and reverse engineering projects that've gone more smoothly.
How did they "blow it all up"? If they decide to stop developing then thats their own choice and you should respect that

QUOTE(Searinox @ Jul 7 2008, 11:29 PM) Sad indeed. The AK2 was cheap and promissed to recieve awesome featured for its price, then bad batches(mine died too) and AKAIO drama literally killed it.
I don't see how AKAIO could have killed it - all it did was promise additional features which would have given it an edge over other carts. There is still the official loader you know and one of the main selling points is its fast GUI...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1