Hacking Advantages of CFW for a Gateway user

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you need Ninjhax when you have a CFW? :wacko:
NTR CFW 2 (after it adds O3DS support), homebrew that isn't available as cia (seeing how rx doesn't support 3ds/csu, so cia only is a bit restrictive).

Nah, signature checks are patched on official rxTools 2.5.2. He means disabled in that signature checks are ignored, thus allowing unsigned cias to be installed and played.
The main advantage would be not needing your DRM cartridge in the back of your 3DS, which will improve your battery usage.
I don't think it should affect the battery if you don't have a ROM loaded, though. But don't quote me on that.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Not a whole lot, besides eShop spoofing on n3DS so that you can system transfer without updating.
NTR CFW 2 (after it adds O3DS support), homebrew that isn't available as cia (seeing how rx doesn't support 3ds/csu, so cia only is a bit restrictive).

I don't think it should affect the battery if you don't have a ROM loaded, though. But don't quote me on that.
The FPGA keeps running and consuming power in the background, AFAIK. But the difference is negligible and you'll only notice it if you leave your 3DS in sleep mode.

Reactions: Ericss

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be happy if gateway popped up and said fuck it, we're switching to vita or the wii.
Then who will be making all the significant advances to the scene?

Not a whole lot, besides eShop spoofing on n3DS so that you can system transfer without updating.
The FPGA keeps running and consuming power in the background, AFAIK. But the difference is negligible and you'll only notice it if you leave your 3DS in sleep mode.
Thanks for the clarification.

N00b Smasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does support region free and it doesnt need spoofing since it has the latest emunand ;)
From my experience, region free in RxTools seems to be limited. I believe it supports region free games, but not DLC. And I don't mean DLC from a different region than the game; I installed a game from a different region than that of my system and emunand, and DLC that matches the game's region; the game ran fine, but I couldn't get it to detect the DLC installed. When I ran the same emunand with GW, the DLC worked without issues.
Roxas75: Please correct me if I'm wrong.
rxTools supporting region free? This is the first time I've heard of this. Are you people positive you didn't install the games from region free cias? Most custom cias available on the web were built as region free, even if the original games weren't.

Blueie

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
rxTools supporting region free? This is the first time I've heard of this. Are you people positive you didn't install the games from region free cias? Most custom cias available on the web were built as region free, even if the original games weren't.
Well, now that you mention it, I think you're right. The cia I installed was region free.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None of the homebrew released is custom firmware, including rxMode. OTF patches don't make something custom.
In the rxTools thread, I directly quote:
So, here we go with the utilities rxTools can offer.
  • rxMode, free 3DS custom firmware
I know OTF patches don't make it a CFW, but tell them to Roxas75 :P

chango

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Slightly off topic, somewhat on topic:

I want to use NTR CFW on my N3DS to use the savegame manager plugin to backup saves from cartridges. Can I use my Gateway and a Cubic Ninja .3DS to launch NTR on a secondary internal microSD?

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I've noticed if you don't have a game loaded up in the GW cart that it doesn't drain as fast as if you do.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed if you don't have a game loaded up in the GW cart that it doesn't drain as fast as if you do.
Until my friend lost my MH4U cartridge, it was the only reason I took my gateway out since I got it. I leave my OGXL in sleep mode and with wifi off (muh streetpass!) it still lasts 2-3 days from full charge. even with a Rom loaded the difference isn't dramatic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Psi doesn't get caught on camera he makes sure the camera is watching +1