Unknown pkg 1 version on new SanDisk 1.5 TB Micro SD

Jim_Sfetoudis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
One more question. Since I'm on the previous Atmosphere firmware should I have the corresponding payload.bin?Or will the attached one from Ctcaer work?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One more question. Since I'm on the previous Atmosphere firmware should I have the corresponding payload.bin?Or will the attached one from Ctcaer work?
You rename the fix to payload.bin and put it in the root of your sd, if you use a mod chip. Also rename it update.bin and replace it in the bootloader folder, especially if you use a dongle.

Last edited by urherenow,

Jim_Sfetoudis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
What about the payloads folder inside the bootloader folder? I also see there the hekate.bin file along with fusee.bin.Should I rename it to payload.bin?
Post automatically merged:

It will work
Are you sure? I've seen many topics here suggesting using the corresponding Hekate file to the Atmosphere version.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you do not need hekate in the payloads folder. Not unless you also launch some other custom thing besides hekate (and then it doesn't need to be named payload.bin anyway). Generally those are payloads you would launch from NYX which loads from hekate to begin with. Like picklock/lockpick, and other such things.

Jim_Sfetoudis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
CTCaer somehow fixed performance issues
Can you please link to documentation of that? And what about file based being more prone to corruption?
documentation of what?CTCaer posted an updated version of Hekate for those having the error.
Post automatically merged:

No, you do not need hekate in the payloads folder. Not unless you also launch some other custom thing besides hekate (and then it doesn't need to be named payload.bin anyway). Generally those are payloads you would launch from NYX which loads from hekate to begin with. Like picklock/lockpick, and other such things.
and what about fusee.bin's location? I see it in the payloads folder together with hekate from cctaer.

Last edited by Jim_Sfetoudis,

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
documentation of what?CTCaer posted an updated version of Hekate for those having the error.

What? I wasn't asking about the error. I very clearly quoted your comment about performance issues being fixed, so I was obviously asking if you could link to documentation that states performance issues were fixed. You also didn't address the concern about if file based being more prone to corruption was fixed or not.

Jim_Sfetoudis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
What? I wasn't asking about the error. I very clearly quoted your comment about performance issues being fixed, so I was obviously asking if you could link to documentation that states performance issues were fixed. You also didn't address the concern about if file based being more prone to corruption was fixed or not.
search here:https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate.
Also, about file-based or partition-based emunand all I know is the same as you that partition-based is more trustworthy

Last edited by Jim_Sfetoudis,

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
search here:https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate.
Also, about file-based or partition-based emunand all I know is the same as you that partition-based is more trustworthy

First off, I just noticed that when I said "I very clearly quoted your comment about....", it wasn't you that I had quoted. My mistake there, but anyway, I did look and didn't see anything specifically stating that CTCaer fixed performance issues. I also wouldn't say there are zero advantages to partition based as urherenow stated. A lesser chance of corruption is certainly a pretty big advantage.

• Haha
Reactions: SylverReZ

SwayStation

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With which tool did you make the partition for the emunand?Can you see it on windows with the sd card inserted?
I did it directly from Hekate's tools. The emunand partition is visible to windows, but not readable. When you insert an sd card with an emunand partition, it will ask you to reformat it. DO NOT do that unless you want your emunand partition completely wiped.

In the end, I ended up switching to a file based partition and reinstalling all my games. I backed up my saves and transferred them using JKSV. It took a while, but everything is much easier to manage and backup now.

Reactions: Jim_Sfetoudis

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did it directly from Hekate's tools. The emunand partition is visible to windows, but not readable. When you insert an sd card with an emunand partition, it will ask you to reformat it. DO NOT do that unless you want your emunand partition completely wiped.

In the end, I ended up switching to a file based partition and reinstalling all my games. I backed up my saves and transferred them using JKSV. It took a while, but everything is much easier to manage and backup now.
So they have legit 1.5TB micro sd cards now i thought 1TB is the biggest cards?

Reactions: Blythe93

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyway, I did look and didn't see anything specifically stating that CTCaer fixed performance issues. I also wouldn't say there are zero advantages to partition based as urherenow stated. A lesser chance of corruption is certainly a pretty big advantage.
Anyway, your laziness in "looking" doesn't change facts, of which "lesser chance of corruption", isn't one. Less chance of you deleting or overwriting your emummc files, sure, but no more or less chance of corruption. exfat does that on its own compared to fat32, but that's a different story. Disadvantage is always having threads such as this, where people have a hard time migrating. And this difficulty also causes people to not make backups when/as often as they should.

Hekate 5.0.0 & NYX 0.8.0:
  • emuMMC support
    It supports disabling it by boot entry (emummc_force_disable=1), stock (not all fw ver support it) and many more.
    Works with SD raw partition and SD file based. (SD file based is extremely slow. Wait for FastFS 4 emuMMC).
    This version can sanely shutdown and also supports more SD cards than before.
    Thanks to a collab with @m4xw , @SciresM, @hexkyz.
Hekate 5.7.2 & Nyx 1.2.2:
Notice about resized emuMMC: Resized emuMMC does not have the slow bug anymore. You can create a new one or recreate it via Nyx and the issue will be gone.

Somewhere in-between the two, the aforementioned FastFS 4 emuMMC thing was done (actually, I'm assuming here, because I'm tired and don't want to search for the exact note stating that performance of file-based is now equal to raw partition based), but you'd have to look at the commits or dig farther into the changelogs than I have just now. Maybe in the actual emummc code ( https://github.com/m4xw/emuMMC ). I really shouldn't have bothered, but I kind of feel like I'm defending my honor here.

I'm sure this one here had a nice performance boost.
https://github.com/m4xw/emuMMC/commit/949ad0b7ea20f2aab073e258bca789f9d4ff3c7d

and what about fusee.bin's location? I see it in the payloads folder together with hekate from cctaer.
Yes, you can place fusee.bin there, but just remember to update that copy whenever you update Atmosphere. Using fusee.bin more or less takes hekate and its config files out of the picture. It honestly doesn't matter where you put it, as you would either be pointing a payload launcher to it, or adding an entry (pointing to its location) into hekate_ipl.ini anyway.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

You being a smart ass doesn't change the facts either. Lazy? I looked, moron. How is looking being lazy? You didn't mention ANYTHING about it only effecting resized nands. LMAO! Move your goal posts much? It also doesn't mater what is the cause of corruption, if there is a higher chance of corruption for file based, then there is a higher chance of corruption period. You seem to be about one of the only people pushing that file based is better. Just because some people can't follow directions properly and need to come and create topics for hep, doesn't mean file based is better. It only means it's easier for people who cant follow directions properly. Gtf off your high ass horse with your "laziness blah blah blah" bullshit.

I asked a simple question. if you can't answer without being a smart ass, don't answer at all. Talk to me like that and I'll talk to you like that back. That's how it works, lil guy. Now gtfo.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried both file based and partition based on the same 256 GB microSD. File based is easy to back up but performance sucks ass. It causes slowdowns everywhere and even makes all the cutscenes in TotK stutter and desync. Zero issues with partition based. So no, the performance issues with file based are *not* solved.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You being a smart ass doesn't change the facts either. Lazy? I looked, moron. How is looking being lazy? You didn't mention ANYTHING about it only effecting resized nands. LMAO! Move your goal posts much? It also doesn't mater what is the cause of corruption, if there is a higher chance of corruption for file based, then there is a higher chance of corruption period. You seem to be about one of the only people pushing that file based is better. Just because some people can't follow directions properly and need to come and create topics for hep, doesn't mean file based is better. It only means it's easier for people who cant follow directions properly. Gtf off your high ass horse with your "laziness blah blah blah" bullshit.

I asked a simple question. if you can't answer without being a smart ass, don't answer at all. Talk to me like that and I'll talk to you like that back. That's how it works, lil guy. Now gtfo.

To be honest you need better stuffs to do, because all you do is bicker with people here.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To be honest you need better stuffs to do, because all you do is bicker with people here.

Says the person trying to bicker with someone. I wasn't the one who came in first with snide and rude remarks and bullshit. I asked a simple question because I genuinely wanted to look at the documentation of performance being improved... which in the end turned out to only pertain to performance regarding a resized emunand. urherenow was full of shit and then tried making me look like the stupid one with rude comments. I simply talked to them the way they talked to me to begin with. Get the order of events correct before you chime in with your shit. Why are you even getting involved? It shows that you want to stir the pot and cause trouble. Go away, fucking troll.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Says the person trying to bicker with someone. I wasn't the one who came in first with snide and rude remarks and bullshit. I asked a simple question because I genuinely wanted to look at the documentation of performance being improved... which in the end turned out to only pertain to performance regarding a resized emunand. urherenow was full of shit and then tried making me look like the stupid one with rude comments. I simply talked to them the way they talked to me to begin with. Get the order of events correct before you chime in with your shit. Why are you even getting involved? It shows that you want to stir the pot and cause trouble. Go away, fucking troll.

Because you are not helping the thread, you started bickering with uherenow, and beside he isn't the only person you bicker with before, because you bickered with me before, so can't you see, you have a problem 😂.

Reactions: SylverReZ

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Because you are not helping the thread, you started bickering with uherenow, and beside he isn't the only person you bicker with before, because you bickered with me before, so can't you see, you have a problem 😂.

Wtf? That is a flat out lie. I did not start bickering with them whatsoever. This is the ONLY thing I said to them to begin with:

Can you please link to documentation of that? And what about file based being more prone to corruption?

I asked very politely for documentation. And I did search the page as I literally stated in another post. It was urherenow that came in with rude remarks and bullshit. I said nothing rude whatsoever until urherenow did. My post flaming them came AFTER theirs. LOL! You have some quite severe reading comprehension issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto