Unknown pkg 1 version on new SanDisk 1.5 TB Micro SD

SwayStation

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone. i just got a 1.5 tb Sandisk microsd card for Christmas and did a emunand migration from my old SD to the new one. Backed up and restored everything and copied SD contents over. Once everything was done, I was able to launch into Hekate (v6.0.7) and then tried to launch cfw on emummc. It gave me this "Unknown pkg1 version. HOS version not supported! etc." error. I had already updated Hekate and Atmosphere to the latest releases.

The SD card is legit as it was purchased directly from the San Disk/Western Digital store on Amazon. I tried other methods of backup and restoring. I wiped the SD and tried to do a clean emummc partition. Made sure all my sigs were up to date. Updated payloads, etc. Still got the same error.

I managed to boot into cfw sysnand no problem. I also tried a file based emummc and that works as well. Only got this error on trying to boot cfw from partition emunand.

If anyone has any ideas or can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_4123.jpg

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're going to get a bunch of people saying Amazon sells fakes. Which can and does happen sometimes. But Western Digital does not sell fakes, at least, not on their website.

With that out of the way, how do you know the card is legit? Have you run any tools on it to make sure it is a real one or are you just saying it is because of where u got it from? lol? Whenever I get errors, I just copy atmosphere, etc back onto the card and it usually clears them. Someone here probably knows more about the error you're getting. Have you searched for the error on google? that's another thing I usually do to help sort things out.

SwayStation

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're going to get a bunch of people saying Amazon sells fakes. Which can and does happen sometimes. But Western Digital does not sell fakes, at least, not on their website.

With that out of the way, how do you know the card is legit? Have you run any tools on it to make sure it is a real one or are you just saying it is because of where u got it from? lol? Whenever I get errors, I just copy atmosphere, etc back onto the card and it usually clears them. Someone here probably knows more about the error you're getting. Have you searched for the error on google? that's another thing I usually do to help sort things out.
Thanks for the reply.

I did a copy test of almost 1 tb worth of data. Everything transferred properly and checked out. I have not run an h2testw yet, but just from my experience so far, it doesn't seem like a fake (I've unfortunately purchased fakes before from eBay). I've searched forums and googled all over looking for info on this, and others have gotten this error too, but not from SanDisk's new 1.5 TB card. Their problems have pointed to fakes or bad quality SD cards as you suggested, or not updated payloads.

After tinkering with it some more, I actually got it to work by adjusting my "hekate_ipl.ini" file. I pointed the payload to fusee.bin instead of "package3" and that seemed to do the trick. I was able to boot into Atmosphere on a clean emuMMC partition. Going to try to restore my backup emuNAND and hope that everything checks out. Copying everything over overnight and will report when I get back to it tomorrow morning.

xRangedWizardx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me know if you found a fix, as I am having the same issue; I cloned my old 1tb card into the new 1.5 tb I just got for Xmas; no errors, no corrupted bits, switch shows the same error on the screen, trying to figure out how to fix it.
-also have a NAND backup just in case

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply.

I did a copy test of almost 1 tb worth of data. Everything transferred properly and checked out. I have not run an h2testw yet, but just from my experience so far, it doesn't seem like a fake (I've unfortunately purchased fakes before from eBay). I've searched forums and googled all over looking for info on this, and others have gotten this error too, but not from SanDisk's new 1.5 TB card. Their problems have pointed to fakes or bad quality SD cards as you suggested, or not updated payloads.

After tinkering with it some more, I actually got it to work by adjusting my "hekate_ipl.ini" file. I pointed the payload to fusee.bin instead of "package3" and that seemed to do the trick. I was able to boot into Atmosphere on a clean emuMMC partition. Going to try to restore my backup emuNAND and hope that everything checks out. Copying everything over overnight and will report when I get back to it tomorrow morning.
Nice glad to see you got it to work. Unfortunately I don't know all the ins and outs of configuring the damn thing I usually just copy everything from one card to another and hope it works. if not, I search the web for fixes lol

Jim_Sfetoudis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks for the reply.

could you show me the code?i also had the same error

SwayStation

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could you show me the code?i also had the same error

The original code for the hekate_ipl.ini file read:
Code:
{--- EMUNAND START---}
[CFW (EMUMMC)]
id=EMUNAND
emummcforce=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
atmosphere=1
logopath=bootloader/EnergyStarBL.bmp
icon=bootloader/res/emu_boot.bmp
{--- EMUNAND END ---}

I changed it to:
Code:
{--- EMUNAND START---}
[CFW (EMUMMC)]
id=EMUNAND
emummcforce=1
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
atmosphere=1
kip1patch=nosigchk
{--- EMUNAND END ---}

https://rentry.org/EmuNANDNewSDcard
Also make sure your Fusee.bin is updated along with the Atmosphere files.
https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases

That's the exact guide that I used to migrate my SD. I had to go back a do it a second time using the Hekate method because I messed up on a couple of steps, but once done and after I changed my hekate_ipl.ini code, atmosphere booted as expected with everything in place.

1.5tb? on ultra? what is the write speed on this card? sry for offtop :X

It's a SanDisk Ultra microSDXC with 150 MB/s read speeds. It doesn't give specifics on write speeds; it just says "write speeds lower."

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code:
{--- EMUNAND START---}
[CFW (EMUMMC)]
id=EMUNAND
emummcforce=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
atmosphere=1
{--- EMUNAND END ---}

I changed it to:
Code:
{--- EMUNAND START---}
[CFW (EMUMMC)]
id=EMUNAND
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1
kip1patch=nosigchk
{--- EMUNAND END ---}

That's the exact guide that I used to migrate my SD. I had to go back a do it a second time using the Hekate method because I messed up on a couple of steps, but once done and after I changed my hekate_ipl.ini code, atmosphere booted as expected with everything in place.

It's a SanDisk Ultra microSDXC with 150 MB/s read speeds. It doesn't give specifics on write speeds; it just says "write speeds lower."

Use fusee.bin, hekate won't boot emunand with the 1.5TB card.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May I ask why you want to use partition-based? It's harder to deal with, as far as backup&restore, as well as having zero advantages since CTCaer somehow fixed performance issues.

Partition-based has a more complicated setup, so copying over the old sd card may have been an issue. For starters, the sd:/emummc/emummc.ini file specifies a specific sector. On my old sxos backup, the entry looks like:

Code:
[emummc]
enabled=1
sector = 0x2
nintendo_path = Emutendo

Then in sd:/emummc/RAW1, there is a file with no extention, called "raw_based". This is NOT a blank file. I think maybe it also contains the starting sector, because mine (viewed in HxD) is exactly 4 bytes: 02 00 00 00. If you need to manually get the sector while trying to make a partition-based, you need to know if it's being shown in decimal or hex. In the case of decimal (like with gparted), use an online decimal to hex converter (or use the programmer calculator mode in windows).

This unknown pkg1 error means just that. It can't load pkg1. This means that either hekate/fusee can't actually find it, or they aren't updated with key derivation info that's new enough to decrypt/read it. This has nothing at all to do with having sigpatches or your keys dumped. I would think (without being very educated on the subject, mind you) that with a 1.5TB card, the required size of your partition tables would not allow your emuemmc partition to begin at sector 0x2, so I would expect that to be a bigger number for you.

Honestly, I think it's both easiest and best, for you to make a full backup of your partition-based emuemmc, then straight-up copy the files over to the new card to use it as a file-based emuemmc. The current new file-based that you just made can probably just be overwritten with the backup files

sd:/emuMMC/SD00/file_based <--now this IS a blank file, unlike partition-based
sd:/emuMMC/SD00/Nintendo <-- self-explanetory, I hope, what to copy there... not the regular sd:/Nintendo folder
sd:/emuMMC/SD00/eMMC/ BOOT0, BOOT1, 00, 01, etc...

Last edited by urherenow,

SwayStation

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May I ask why you want to use partition-based? It's harder to deal with, as far as backup&restore, as well as having zero advantages since CTCaer somehow fixed performance issues.

Partition-based has a more complicated setup, so copying over the old sd card may have been an issue. For starters, the sd:/emummc/emummc.ini file specifies a specific sector. On my old sxos backup, the entry looks like:

Code:
[emummc]
enabled=1
sector = 0x2
nintendo_path = Emutendo

Then in sd:/emummc/RAW1, there is a file with no extention, called "raw_based". This is NOT a blank file. I think maybe it also contains the starting sector, because mine (viewed in HxD) is exactly 4 bytes: 02 00 00 00. If you need to manually get the sector while trying to make a partition-based, you need to know if it's being shown in decimal or hex. In the case of decimal (like with gparted), use an online decimal to hex converter (or use the programmer calculator mode in windows).

This unknown pkg1 error means just that. It can't load pkg1. This means that either hekate/fusee can't actually find it, or they aren't updated with key derivation info that's new enough to decrypt/read it. This has nothing at all to do with having sigpatches or your keys dumped. I would think (without being very educated on the subject, mind you) that with a 1.5TB card, the required size of your partition tables would not allow your emuemmc partition to begin at sector 0x2, so I would expect that to be a bigger number for you.

Honestly, I think it's both easiest and best, for you to make a full backup of your partition-based emuemmc, then straight-up copy the files over to the new card to use it as a file-based emuemmc. The current new file-based that you just made can probably just be overwritten with the backup files

sd:/emuMMC/SD00/file_based <--now this IS a blank file, unlike partition-based
sd:/emuMMC/SD00/Nintendo <-- self-explanetory, I hope, what to copy there... not the regular sd:/Nintendo folder
sd:/emuMMC/SD00/eMMC/ BOOT0, BOOT1, 00, 01, etc...
One of the things I tried was actually converting my partition based emuMMC into a file based one. It booted atmosphere fine but I didn't have the patience to copy the rest of my files to check if everything transferred over properly.

The only reason I stayed partition-based was because that was what I started out with and because I had read that partition-based was more protected against SD corruption and that file-based was slightly slower. I didn't know that file-based ones had their speed performance issues fixed. If file-based is pretty much superior to partition-based in every way, then I might convert my partition-based emuMCC to a file-based one.
Post automatically merged:

So I converted my partition-based emuMMC to a file-based one using EmuTools. When I transferred everything over, placed my Nintendo folder in this location "sd:/emuMMC/SD00/Nintendo" and booted up atmosphere; it all launched fine. I tried launching a couple of games and they all gave me this error: "Unable to start software. Return to the HOME Menu and try again."

I've updated all my sig patches. Atmosphere and Hekate and all payloads have been fully updated. Still gave the same error. The emummc.ini file looks right. Am I missing something?

Last edited by SwayStation,

Jim_Sfetoudis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Code:
{--- EMUNAND START---}
[CFW (EMUMMC)]
id=EMUNAND
emummcforce=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
atmosphere=1
{--- EMUNAND END ---}

I changed it to:
Code:
{--- EMUNAND START---}
[CFW (EMUMMC)]
id=EMUNAND
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1
kip1patch=nosigchk
{--- EMUNAND END ---}

With which tool did you make the partition for the emunand?Can you see it on windows with the sd card inserted?

Last edited by Jim_Sfetoudis,

NotUsingAnAltAccount

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I had the same exact problem with this microSD card. Booted with package3 and a file-based emuMMC. Partition one with package3 is not an option for this card, God knows why.

@Jim_Sfetoudis About the problem with booting games, make sure that you don't have ReverseNX-RT.elf under saltysd/plugins. I figured it out after like an hour and it was annoying as hell.

Last edited by NotUsingAnAltAccount,

GonGon2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
use AOMEI Partition Assistant to clone your SD in the new one, that's what I did with my 256go and no problem

Jim_Sfetoudis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
so the fix to this is to inject the attached hekate.bin and rename it to payload.bin.Do I have to inject it or I can just paste it into the payloads folder?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto