Can you backup your NAND after already installing CFW on sysNAND?

AsrielGaming

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hello!
I'm in a bit of a pickle, I have recently realised I lost my original, clean NAND backup for my Switch and was wondering if I could still backup my NAND even after having installed CFW on my sysNAND? I'd like to mention that I never went online with it at all and always used the DNS blocker too. I never used cheats and used CFW only to put games on my console and install a few themes once or twice. I also am not planning to go online at all with my Switch in the future,

I also used to have all my CFW files saved on a microSD card that is now broken, but I have all the files that used to be on it saved on my PC, although I got a new card in the meanwhile. Formatting it to FAT32 and pasting all the files on the new card should do the trick, correct?

I'd also like to not lose progress on my games so if there is a way to backup save data please let me know.
Any help is much appreciated.

AsrielGaming

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
You should do a backup anyway even if it's a dirty sysnand.
But sadly most likely it's tainted. You can in theory make a clean nand again, but no one know for sure if it's 100%.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/cleaning-up-nand-to-play-online-safely.551767/
https://github.com/StarDustCFW/Haku33
Thank you for the answer!
Just wondering, if something was ever to happen to my Switch and I would use the modified sysNAND backup to restore it instead, would it still work just as fine? As I said I don't really care if I get banned since I do not ever go online on my Switch anyway, I'm just scared if I do something wrong I might not be able to ever use it again so I'm willing to sacrifice online functions if need be.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the answer!
Just wondering, if something was ever to happen to my Switch and I would use the modified sysNAND backup to restore it instead, would it still work just as fine? As I said I don't really care if I get banned since I do not ever go online on my Switch anyway, I'm just scared if I do something wrong I might not be able to ever use it again so I'm willing to sacrifice online functions if need be.
Any eMMC backup is fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-