acekard rpg - shop?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by W3r3W0lF, Sep 27, 2009.

Sep 27, 2009

acekard rpg - shop? by W3r3W0lF at 1:24 AM (1,913 Views / 0 Likes) 22 replies

1. W3r3W0lF
    OP

Newcomer W3r3W0lF Member

Germany
    i like to buy the acekard rpg, but every shop says its sold out, does anybody know where i can buy it now?

ps: sry for my bad english

2. iFish

Member iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Canada
    ill think theve been discontinued because i e-mailed team acekard and no response

3. tedmg09130913

Member tedmg09130913 GBAtemp Regular

United States
  4. phoenixclaws

Member phoenixclaws GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Sorry pal but that's outofstock too. As far as I'm aware they discontinued the product in favor of Acekard2.1 and Acekard2i. Much too expensive for most people's tastes and MicroSD cards are fairly cheap.

5. W3r3W0lF
    OP

Newcomer W3r3W0lF Member

Germany
    is there really no way to buy it from a regular internet shop?

6. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Not that I have seen, which is a real shame. And those of us owning RPGs tend to be pretty attached so there is little resale going on. But your best bet is to try to find one used--post something in the trade section when you're eligible and see what happens.

7. Schizoanalysis

Member Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Australia
    I own one and would consider reselling it *if* this thread were in a different part of the forum -- but it's not -- so I wouldn't dare mention it... [​IMG]

8. Leonidas

Member Leonidas GBAtemp Fan

Slovenia
    Why bother with Acekard RPG? It's no longer in production, and outdated. The extra high speed NAND memory is not useful anymore, since AKAIO software runs every game at full speed anyway.

9. W3r3W0lF
    OP

Newcomer W3r3W0lF Member

Germany
    yes, but maybe i like to have it because i think 1gb intern space an an micro sd slot is a great combo. when im home i can use the microsd for storing bigger games (videos mp3s etc), when im on trip i can put the games i like to play on the intern space.
    so im able to went on holiday without an microsd i my bag, so i cant lost them.

10. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    it's hardly outdated, but it is discontinued. acekard dropped it at the end of last winter and stopped production on the card. wood r.p.g. and akaio are the only firmwares that still support updates for it. akaio's r.p.g. support is 95% yellow wood goblin's fixes. the r.p.g. has a superior build quality to the ak2/2.1/2i, it has the onboard nand, and the mini usb port is great for homebrew development. however, the nand is delicate but i know more than a few people that actually fixed problems by formatting it using the panasonic formatter!

i was considering selling mine at one point but then yellow wood goblin put out a fork of gelu's code. my r.p.g. has life again!

-another world

11. W3r3W0lF
    OP

Newcomer W3r3W0lF Member

Germany
  12. iFish

Member iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Canada
    i wanted an acekard r.p.g but all sold out lol and to expensive for my taste so i went with ak2i but not you dont need on board becasue micro sdhc go up to 32 gigs i would know i have one lol i think ive only used 1 g of space for games lol

13. W3r3W0lF
    OP

Newcomer W3r3W0lF Member

Germany
    i already heave an ak2i, but im searching for a card where you dont need an microsd because they are small an if i loose them on holiday...
    and a g6 is more expensive (isnt it?) and hasnĀ“t got an microsd slot, so im searching for an acekard rpg, i know that akaio works on it and i know that 50$ for 1gb nand space arent cheap

14. Andytoxic

Newcomer Andytoxic Advanced Member

Germany
    Thank god i've won one in summer 2008 at sebson media, but it seems everywhere this card is sold out, i've looked at dealextreme and at all german shops i know [​IMG]

15. W3r3W0lF
    OP

Newcomer W3r3W0lF Member

Germany
    ok, i think i gonna buy an g6 instead...sad that the acekard team stopped producing that stuff

16. DaMummy

Member DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    have you tries leaving you microsdhc in your flashcart and your flashcart in your ds so you never loose any of it...?

17. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Doesn't AK2 still have some problem games? Last I checked The World Ends With You still froze during video, something that doesn't occur on the RPG. I know Grand Theft Auto also worked the night it was published, while other carts including the AK2 had to wait on a patch.

18. kineticUk

Member kineticUk GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    There are problem games at the moment with the RPG/akaio too though. Surely the newer AK2/i's are better supported by akaio developers now than the RPG? (More attention, DMA modes, Choice of Loaders, etc). I definately have more problems currently with akaio and the RPG than with the AK2i.
    From what I've read on this forum it doesn't sound like the RPG is very popular with AKAIO developers..that kinda kills it imo.

19. W3r3W0lF
    OP

Newcomer W3r3W0lF Member

Germany
    im searching (or i searched) for an shop which is selling an akrpg. not for an guy who tells me to not buy one.

there are a few more advantages of an flashcard with an intern nand space, like game compabillity etc.

i never used an akrpg, but ithe support of the g6 seems to be better. i think i gonna buy an g6...

20. kineticUk

Member kineticUk GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]