Hacking acekard rpg - shop?

W3r3W0lF

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i like to buy the acekard rpg, but every shop says its sold out, does anybody know where i can buy it now?

ps: sry for my bad english

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry pal but that's outofstock too. As far as I'm aware they discontinued the product in favor of Acekard2.1 and Acekard2i. Much too expensive for most people's tastes and MicroSD cards are fairly cheap.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not that I have seen, which is a real shame. And those of us owning RPGs tend to be pretty attached so there is little resale going on. But your best bet is to try to find one used--post something in the trade section when you're eligible and see what happens.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dib said:
Not that I have seen, which is a real shame. And those of us owning RPGs tend to be pretty attached so there is little resale going on. But your best bet is to try to find one used--post something in the trade section when you're eligible and see what happens.

I own one and would consider reselling it *if* this thread were in a different part of the forum -- but it's not -- so I wouldn't dare mention it...
shy.gif

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Why bother with Acekard RPG? It's no longer in production, and outdated. The extra high speed NAND memory is not useful anymore, since AKAIO software runs every game at full speed anyway.

W3r3W0lF

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Leonidas said:
Why bother with Acekard RPG? It's no longer in production, and outdated. The extra high speed NAND memory is not useful anymore, since AKAIO software runs every game at full speed anyway.
yes, but maybe i like to have it because i think 1gb intern space an an micro sd slot is a great combo. when im home i can use the microsd for storing bigger games (videos mp3s etc), when im on trip i can put the games i like to play on the intern space.
so im able to went on holiday without an microsd i my bag, so i cant lost them.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
it's hardly outdated, but it is discontinued. acekard dropped it at the end of last winter and stopped production on the card. wood r.p.g. and akaio are the only firmwares that still support updates for it. akaio's r.p.g. support is 95% yellow wood goblin's fixes. the r.p.g. has a superior build quality to the ak2/2.1/2i, it has the onboard nand, and the mini usb port is great for homebrew development. however, the nand is delicate but i know more than a few people that actually fixed problems by formatting it using the panasonic formatter!

i was considering selling mine at one point but then yellow wood goblin put out a fork of gelu's code. my r.p.g. has life again!

-another world

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i wanted an acekard r.p.g but all sold out lol and to expensive for my taste so i went with ak2i but not you dont need on board becasue micro sdhc go up to 32 gigs i would know i have one lol i think ive only used 1 g of space for games lol

W3r3W0lF

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i already heave an ak2i, but im searching for a card where you dont need an microsd because they are small an if i loose them on holiday...
and a g6 is more expensive (isnt it?) and hasn´t got an microsd slot, so im searching for an acekard rpg, i know that akaio works on it and i know that 50$ for 1gb nand space arent cheap

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't AK2 still have some problem games? Last I checked The World Ends With You still froze during video, something that doesn't occur on the RPG. I know Grand Theft Auto also worked the night it was published, while other carts including the AK2 had to wait on a patch.

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are problem games at the moment with the RPG/akaio too though. Surely the newer AK2/i's are better supported by akaio developers now than the RPG? (More attention, DMA modes, Choice of Loaders, etc). I definately have more problems currently with akaio and the RPG than with the AK2i.
From what I've read on this forum it doesn't sound like the RPG is very popular with AKAIO developers..that kinda kills it imo.

W3r3W0lF

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DaMummy said:
have you tries leaving you microsdhc in your flashcart and your flashcart in your ds so you never loose any of it...?
im searching (or i searched) for an shop which is selling an akrpg. not for an guy who tells me to not buy one.

there are a few more advantages of an flashcard with an intern nand space, like game compabillity etc.

i never used an akrpg, but ithe support of the g6 seems to be better. i think i gonna buy an g6...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto