Hacking Acekard 2i on a blank card?

SirChick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I have a Cyclo DS card - but wish to delete the firmware of the microSD and put Acekard 2i firmware stuff on the microSD so i can use it in my DSi XL.

Is this possible or do i NEED the acekard 2i "card" aswell to go with my microSD?

D

Deleted User

It's not possible to use the Acekard firmware on your CycloDS. You'll need to buy an AK2i to use AKAIO (forget about the official AK firmware) and use it with your DSi XL.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Really, you should think about the question you just asked. There is a reason why there is Cyclo FW for the Cyclo DS and a reason why there is AKAIO or Acekard FW for an Acekard. If we could do this, than there would be no point in other DS flashcards. Of course you'd need an Acekard to run AKAIO.

*facepalm*

SirChick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hakoda said:
Really, you should think about the question you just asked. There is a reason why there is Cyclo FW for the Cyclo DS and a reason why there is AKAIO or Acekard FW for an Acekard. If we could do this, than there would be no point in other DS flashcards. Of course you'd need an Acekard to run AKAIO.

*facepalm*

Your sarcasm is noted.

You forget the my reason is that Cyclops DS does not support DSi and a the acekard firmware does. And as i thought the cards were just the casing that allows the MicroSD to hold the firmware (similiar to how a DVD by one manufacturer would be no different to a DVD of another) thus the logic of my question is perfectly merited and worth asking to save me buying two cards onlny to find out i didn't need to

Thanks for everyone else how ever for your replies
smile.gif

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
You forget the my reason is that Cyclops DS does not support DSi and a the acekard firmware does.

that's really not true
it's not the firmware that makes a flash cart DSi compatible

the cart itself has to be DSi compatible, the firmware is just an operating system
If a simple firmware upgarde can make a flash cart compatible, than team cyclo would have done it long ago

example, you can't put a bluray player firmware into a DVD player, and expect the dvd player to play bluray

SirChick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
RoMee said:
QUOTE said:
You forget the my reason is that Cyclops DS does not support DSi and a the acekard firmware does.

that's really not true
it's not the firmware that makes a flash cart DSi compatible

the cart itself has to be DSi compatible, the firmware is just an operating system
If a simple firmware upgarde can make a flash cart compatible, than team cyclo would have done it long ago

example, you can't put a bluray player firmware into a DVD player, and expect the dvd player to play bluray

Thank you Romee for the kind explaination
smile.gif

Its easy to mistake to me to make, that the card themselves are just the cases and the microSD is where all the work is done like you would imagine DVD or Blueray discs to be all the same but the installers "on the DVDs" being what is important.

Whilst my misunderstanding is not undeniable i believe its easy mistake to make and thats why i asked just to be sure... it doesn't warrant the reply i had from that dude which talks like it was "so obvious" that only an idiot would make such a mistake - when it is not obvious to us non tech wizards.

azure0wind

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
No.
Get iEDGE if you really love CycloDS GUI. Because it has the same GUI with CycloDS.
But, i will recommend Acekard2i. Why? Because it has good compatibility. And, AKAIO always updates a lot (UI, game fixes, etc...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy