• Replies 21
  • Likes 1

Ryft

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read that you can get SD cards larger than 32gb to work by formatting them with guiformat to FAT32. I have my DSi modded to boot into TwilightMenu but it just won't detect my SD card. Works fine if I use a 8GB microsd with an adapter. Am I missing something? Here is the exact card I'm using:

1706881324696.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: SylverReZ

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sometimes cards have extra partition data that won't be cleared by guiformat. You can use godmode9 or Minitool Partition Wizard.

Ryft

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes cards have extra partition data that won't be cleared by guiformat. You can use godmode9 or Minitool Partition Wizard.
I think I tried minitool and it was still being a pain. Might just be picky about this particular card.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Could be that the DSi simply isn't able to work with the XC standard (as IIRC those days were the SDHC days), just like how some older devices would take SD fine but struggle with SDHC? Any reports of others who succesfully used XC cards?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could be that the DSi simply isn't able to work with the XC standard (as IIRC those days were the SDHC days), just like how some older devices would take SD fine but struggle with SDHC? Any reports of others who succesfully used XC cards?
The DSi supports SDXC cards just fine, as long as it's formatted properly. Same case as on 3DS.
Plenty of users here and at our Discord server have reported that they use SDXC cards.

Ryft

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the DSi Camera application display a message when you insert the SD card?
No I have unlaunch installed. It just boots to the unlaunch menu because it can't detect the SD card. Once I pop my other card in with the exact same files, Twilightmenu++ launches.

Reactions: orangy57

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I have unlaunch installed. It just boots to the unlaunch menu because it can't detect the SD card. Once I pop my other card in with the exact same files, Twilightmenu++ launches.
Then start the DSi Camera app from the Unlaunch menu, and then insert the SD card.

Ryft

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I give up. Maybe it's not making good contact in the DSi. Works fine with my computer and an adapter. I'll just get a new one. Thanks for trying to help!

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
I give up. Maybe it's not making good contact in the DSi. Works fine with my computer and an adapter. I'll just get a new one. Thanks for trying to help!
If you suspect contact being the issue you could try slipping in a piece of thick enough cardboard (preferably cut to rougly the size of an sd card) with the card (label-side) to see if that improves the connection made (much like we used to do with certain batches of the acecard2i back in the NDS-days)

KNBnoob1

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I read that you can get SD cards larger than 32gb to work by formatting them with guiformat to FAT32. I have my DSi modded to boot into TwilightMenu but it just won't detect my SD card. Works fine if I use a 8GB microsd with an adapter. Am I missing something? Here is the exact card I'm using:

View attachment 417721
I'm pretty sure that the DSi only supports cards up to 32GB though.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm pretty sure that the DSi only supports cards up to 32GB though.
Because those over 32 GB cannot be standards-compliant SDXCs, which by definition must have a single FAT64 (aka EXFAT) MBR type 7 partition, while a SDHC has a single FAT32, MBR type C one - no significant low level differences unlike with SDSC

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto