gbarunner2 problems on this R4 card.

ajdarfan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hello, i have this exact same R4 card that i bought in 2011. No screw on the back. I installed BL2CK OS on it and using it with my DSi. I installed gbarunner2 on it but many games have problems and crashes in particular sections in games. My question is, does it happen due to low quality R4 card? would it be better that i just use Twilightmenu on sd card instead and play gbarunner2 there? I thought maybe it will have less issues.

Also, can i use the same sd card that i use on R4 and bl2ck os also with twilightmenu? would they clash in files? because i do not have any spare card at the moment.

1704712059142.png

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Which games have you tried so far? GBARunner2 compatibility rate on regular DS models is known to have some issues, you can check the list on the wiki here.

GBARunner3 is in development currently and has fixed many of GBARunner2 issues, so it will become obsolete when it releases anyuway.

ajdarfan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I didn't try a lot of games. mostly rom hacks. mario bros 3 e reader version crashes when entering e-reader world for example. I didn't expect them to run perfectly but my games had only %50 percent success rate of loading.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I didn't try a lot of games. mostly rom hacks. mario bros 3 e reader version crashes when entering e-reader world for example. I didn't expect them to run perfectly but my games had only %50 percent success rate of loading.

That's because romhacks and Mario Advance 4 WiiU release use "hicode". and will only work on DSi models. Hicode is a term used by GBARunner2/3 to refer to games that have blocks of code above the first 2MB in the rom, because GBARunner2 only loads that amount of data to the main ram, as code needs to be there to run smoothly, otherwise, you would end with a slideshow game running at 2fps.

This has been partially solved now in GBARunner3, so in the upcoming months you'll see all of those issues gone for good.

ajdarfan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
That's because romhacks and Mario Advance 4 WiiU release use "hicode". and will only work on DSi models. Hicode is a term used by GBARunner2/3 to refer to games that have blocks of code above the first 2MB in the rom, because GBARunner2 only loads that amount of data to the main ram, as code needs to be there to run smoothly, otherwise, you would end with a slideshow game running at 2fps.

This has been partially solved now in GBARunner3, so in the upcoming months you'll see all of those issues gone for good.
I already have a dsi, do i need to install twilightmenu? Because my cart only supports regular ds mode for games i think

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto