Hacking Acekard 2i 1.4 DSi Fix

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heyyouguys: The patch files are kind of misleading in their names. If you're only updating a single Acekard, use the DSi update, not the DSL update.

heyyouguys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
koji2009 said:
heyyouguys: The patch files are kind of misleading in their names. If you're only updating a single Acekard, use the DSi update, not the DSL update.

thanks.

One more thing, my friend has 2 ak2i carts. One for a DSi and one for a DSLite. Should I update them both ( that is why I was trying it with a dslite). They may be swapped into each other, so I should update both, correct?

rctgamer3

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
heyyouguys said:
koji2009 said:

thanks.

One more thing, my friend has 2 ak2i carts. One for a DSi and one for a DSLite. Should I update them both ( that is why I was trying it with a dslite). They may be swapped into each other, so I should update both, correct?
To upgrade multiple cards, just use the DSL version (DSL version has the ability to upgrade multiple cards without powering off
wink.gif
)

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
But could you update multiple cards, using the single one, over and over again?

I have three brand-new cards to get set up, and then one I might update...or I might just leave it alone, because it does work on the DS Lite, so why even update it if I'm not gonna use it on DSi?

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
If you're not gonna use the DSi, why the hell have you been bitching about the DSi update!

People need to learn GBAtemp is not the place to vent frustration
lecture.gif

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well ask yourself... will that last one possibly ever be used with a DSi? If not... then why use the update? If there is a chance you might in the future, you may want to consider it.

mateo245

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
a quick question: wasnt there a tutorial to change acekard icon??

ah and im a little worried is this the official ackrd update or will i need to wait until they publish the oficcial.

mateo245

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

ah and im a little worried is this the official ackrd update or will i need to wait until they publish the oficcial.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
mateo245 said:

Who said you could chage it?

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey people. I was just wondering if people have been having problems with games freezing on their updated ak2i. I don't know if it's my rom trimmer (R4ds trimmer btw) or the update. If someone could help me that would be greatly appreciated!
smile.gif

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Scott-105 said:
Hey people. I was just wondering if people have been having problems with games freezing on their updated ak2i. I don't know if it's my rom trimmer (R4ds trimmer btw) or the update. If someone could help me that would be greatly appreciated!
smile.gif

Updated Acekard 2i is the same as pre-updated Acekard 2i. For me, I haven't have problems. So play your game on your Acekard 2i ON YOUR OWN RISK.

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
koji2009 said:
Well ask yourself... will that last one possibly ever be used with a DSi? If not... then why use the update? If there is a chance you might in the future, you may want to consider it.

Well, I plan to keep one totally original, so that I know that I'll always have something which works on the DS Lite...and a point to go back to if I should ever need it.

As I understand it, the 1.4 updated cards will work with a DSi, as well as a DS Lite, so THOSE might as well be as current as possible, even though I'm really only likely to use them in a DS Lite, I DO own a DSi...even though it is now mostly for my mom's use, as I traded back with her, after the update killed my card.

You never know if, one day, a fix for the DSi...will make it NOT work on a DS Lite, and so that's why I want one card set up totally original, too.

On the other hand, when...not if but when...Nintendo screws the 1.4 fix...and goes to, say, 1.5...one might not be able to update straight from 1.3 to 1.5...hence I'd like to keep the others up-to-date, as long as they still work with a DS Lite.

Just my way of covering all the bases.

Posts merged

QUOTE(ShatteredScreens @ Aug 22 2009, 07:38 AM) If you're not gonna use the DSi, why the hell have you been bitching about the DSi update!

People need to learn GBAtemp is not the place to vent frustration
lecture.gif

Humm...seems this post is a bit of the pot calling the kettle black.

Thought we had already been told to DROP this on this particular thread...seems some folks can't listen. Report.

ecliastee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On a AceKard 2i can it read all the .NDS files if i have them all in one .rar file? or do i have to make each individual .rar? I selected all of them and made into a .rar because they were originally .nds

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
ecliastee said:
On a AceKard 2i can it read all the .NDS files if i have them all in one .rar file? or do i have to make each individual .rar? I selected all of them and made into a .rar because they were originally .nds
No.

ecliastee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok....you still didnt answer my questions..so i have to make each one .rar? or can i have them all in a "dsi_games.rar" and in there it have alll the .nds files, but its alot smaller in size

demosthenes2k8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to have them as .nds or they won't load.

So if AKAIO 1.4.1 loads on my Acekard 2i properly and can load homebrew/stuff, then it's safe to update the card, right?

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
demosthenes2k8 said:
You have to have them as .nds or they won't load.

So if AKAIO 1.4.1 loads on my Acekard 2i properly and can load homebrew/stuff, then it's safe to update the card, right?

it is safe to update, if you see danny phantom as icon (after updating your ak2i)

ShatteredScreens said:
QUOTE(ecliastee @ Aug 23 2009, 07:30 AM) On a AceKard 2i can it read all the .NDS files if i have them all in one .rar file? or do i have to make each individual .rar? I selected all of them and made into a .rar because they were originally .nds
No.

Thats the answer to your question
if you are doubting it, why not go try it yourself
smile.gif

demosthenes2k8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant more "the card's legit if it runs AKAIO 1.4.1 properly" right? At least I THINK that's the version I have-the changed date is the same.

EDIT: Yep, it's legit-it updated fine

ecliastee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok im new to this so sorry if im asking something thats obvious to you guys, should I have every file as a .rar with the .nds file inside? (it takes up like less than half the space) or should i have every game as .nds and take up alllll that room?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy