Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kalisiin said:
Then GET a DS Lite.
You can grab 'em off e-Bay, or Gamestop, and similar places sell them used for like 69 bucks.

I know ya might not wanna part with it, but, hey...you want your fricken card to work or not?
Lol calm down!

I do want my card to work but not that desperately (I'm mainly a console gamer but DO like my DS) and I'm very strict with my money.
Kalisiin said:
P.S if you were anywhere near me, in location, I'd rent ya the use of one of MY DS Lites.

Hell, maybe I ought start up a side business....
That's very generous of you
smile.gif

Instead of a side business, make it a public service...And make it international (I'm in UK) with no shipping costs
wink.gif

Shinintendo said:
dude why rent a ds(or buy new one)? you can buy some other flash card or buy the same card with 1.4 applied on it already.
It's much cheaper and good for the future.

many ppl buy 2nd card, I vote ak2i +m3i0
How do I know for sure 1.4 is already applied on cards?
I think I can wait a few more weeks for a solution (if one is forthcoming).....

If not I'll just buy this:
QUOTE(elixirdream @ Sep 8 2009, 05:36 AM)
but you could! go DEALEXTREME!
http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.18728
it is just 13 USD and is free shipping
after converting it should be 8 pounds only
But as I said I'm not sure if it comes with 1.4 applied or not but I guess I can ask before purchasing.

Shinintendo

Trophies
Website
games4gamer.net
XP
Country
Iceland
I'm not sure if dealextreme ship with the 1.4 applied in their last ak batch, maybe someone who ordered recently (couple of weeks after danny phantom patch) can shade a light on this matter.

But I read some other shop stating they got their ak's all patched for 1.4, can't remember the site but it costs double the price than dealextreme so I dismissed it.

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
masteratt said:
Something called AKAIO 1.5 got released. I guess that's not going to help me much?

Nope. If you scroll down just a few posts, someone else asks that very question...

dmarvp: hi ! I just wanted to know if the fix for dsi firmware 1.4 is also included. Thank you very much for your work !

jakob: No its not included... Just download the 1.4 update and put it in your Memory stick and thats it you don't need AKAIO to do.

This worked its very nice. No new features that aren't in AKAIO 1.4.1 though.

FawkYew RTFM: what acekard does to their own product has nothing to do with akaio. akaio would run if you 1.4 fixed or not. thus this is not an akaio related suggestion, bug, or discussion. next time you get warned. read the forum rules.

Incidentally....at masterratt: Are you kidding? A public service? I don't have enough machines to do that, and besides...where's my guarantee I'd ever get my machine BACK? And who do you think ought to eat the cost for international shipping? I'm a generally nice person, but I am NOT that friggin generous! Or that stupid.

If you lived maybe 10 miles away or something, I'd probably arrange to meet you somewhere and let you use my DS Lite free of charge, but that's the extent of MY generosity.

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
Shinintendo said:
I'm not sure if dealextreme ship with the 1.4 applied in their last ak batch, maybe someone who ordered recently (couple of weeks after danny phantom patch) can shade a light on this matter.

But I read some other shop stating they got their ak's all patched for 1.4, can't remember the site but it costs double the price than dealextreme so I dismissed it.

As far as I know, Dealextreme just ships out cards...no firmware of any kind on them....because you need to put that all on the SD chip. When I got my Acekards, just prior to 1.4 update, incidentally...my cards from DealExtreme came with nothing, I had to put everything on there. So I sorta doubt that dealextreme is doing anything but shipping raw cards.

masteratt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kalisiin said:
Incidentally....at masterratt: Are you kidding? A public service? I don't have enough machines to do that, and besides...where's my guarantee I'd ever get my machine BACK? And who do you think ought to eat the cost for international shipping? I'm a generally nice person, but I am NOT that friggin generous! Or that stupid.

If you lived maybe 10 miles away or something, I'd probably arrange to meet you somewhere and let you use my DS Lite free of charge, but that's the extent of MY generosity.
Lol obviously no-one was expecting anyone to be THAT generous and I should have made it more clear I wasn't being serious. I DID put a 'wink' but obviously it wasn't enough
smileipb2.png

Anyway if you excuse me, I got more waiting to do..........For something that I don't know will come or not.....
wacko.gif

lexluthor5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my Acekard 2i from DX on Monday.

It did not ship with any 1.4 fix. In addition, looks like I got the older card with the spring.

It does work with Akaio 1.5 though, so I presume that means it's real.

Also, it only took 1 week to get to me in NY (ordered on Sun, received on the next Monday).

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rascal said:
A few points:
- 1.4 Fix won't ship on cards due to Danny Phantom
- New cards have springs
my acekard2i from gamebygame shipped with it, tested it on a friends 1.4 ds yesterday so it must vary from place to place.
and yep new card definitely have springs very stiff ones at that sometimes feel like i might break my micro sd but never do.

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some retailers are mentioning that they are applying the 1.4 fix to their carts. I saw it on another site. Personally, i don't care
smile.gif
cause it's not that hard to update it yourself. People need to stop expecting other people to do things for them; it's selfish
tongue.gif

The current AK2i which i got a few months ago is identified as HWID:81, has a nice spring (some ppl don't like that so I locked the spring and then slide the microSD card in and out past the spring, haven't had any issues with that), and it has no "hole" behind the sticker.

AKAIO is a loader software when means you can change it easily, it's not firmware.
Firmware is something that has to be flashed. Two examples of firmware are the Language Fix and the DSi 1.4 fix.
AKAIO (or Acekard's software which is not recommended even by Acekard) needs to be put on a microSD card for the DS to run it. Technically you can boot the AK2i without the software but all you will get is a Loading screen because there is no software to boot.

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
masteratt said:
Kalisiin said:

Lol obviously no-one was expecting anyone to be THAT generous and I should have made it more clear I wasn't being serious. I DID put a 'wink' but obviously it wasn't enough
smileipb2.png

Anyway if you excuse me, I got more waiting to do..........For something that I don't know will come or not.....
wacko.gif

OK, no biggie. Sometimes, sarcasm and satire don't come across as well in prose as it does verbally...because there is no mocking tone of voice in plain text type. Emoticons help, but, if you're half-blind, like I am, you often can't tell what the little emoticon is supposed to be. I wear glasses thicker than Coke bottles, without which I am, in fact, legally blind.

masteratt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kalisiin said:
OK, no biggie. Sometimes, sarcasm and satire don't come across as well in prose as it does verbally...because there is no mocking tone of voice in plain text type. Emoticons help, but, if you're half-blind, like I am, you often can't tell what the little emoticon is supposed to be. I wear glasses thicker than Coke bottles, without which I am, in fact, legally blind.
Now I know
smile.gif

QUOTE(anaxs @ Sep 24 2009, 04:21 PM) im surprised this thread is still here...
I'm sorry man, we realise we've been dumb updating DSi before the AceKard and we realise not having a DSLite or know anyone with a DSLite is a crime...But we are just trying to get our AceKards working again.

Very optimistically waiting for a direct 1.4 fix......
unsure.gif

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
masteratt said:
Kalisiin said:
Now I know
smile.gif

QUOTE(anaxs @ Sep 24 2009, 04:21 PM) im surprised this thread is still here...
I'm sorry man, we realise we've been dumb updating DSi before the AceKard and we realise not having a DSLite or know anyone with a DSLite is a crime...But we are just trying to get our AceKards working again.

Very optimistically waiting for a direct 1.4 fix......
unsure.gif

In my not so humble opinion, I think you are waiting for something that ain't gonna happen...so I really hope you are not holding your breath waiting for this. I like little blue creatures called Smurfs, but I wouldn't want to see you try to become a Smurf...

masteratt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
laphongtudo said:
I need help! Im a noob at this fix downloading thing,
I have one DSi with firmware 1.4U how do I fix it!? Thanks.
wacko.gif
Unless you know someone with a DSi (under FW 1.4) or a DSlite, you just do what I did and buy a new card :)
(to those who followed my drama throughout the thread...yes i finally bought a new card)

This is not specifically for you but for any UK people who come across this site with the same problem:
http://www.hanger.org.uk/h/hangershop/prod...|-UK-STOCK.html
£18.95 there....However they charge you another £5 if you want it shipped with the 1.4 fix so you'll end up paying around £24.

As for you, my Canadian friend, go back in the thread, there have been many links posted to buy a new card from North America sites. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/