Hacking Acekard 2i 1.4 DSi Fix

kielserat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
BlackHoleSlam199,you need an ndslite,put the update on your sd,and put it in your dslite.
Update the card and voila,put card in your dsi,and it should work

Posts merged

and take the update with this name ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds
the other is for updating via dsi

Posts merged

i have both an dsi and dslite,but i was on 1.3e firmware on my dsi.
so first i updated my acekard with the update,then i updated to 1.4e via wifi,and everything worked
fine

kielserat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
you put this file ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds on the root of your sd card.
in the acekard roms dir,there you must choose that file,plug also in the power to be sure.

kielserat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
my sd card is on my F:\
i have this dirs:__ak2
Roms
and this file on my root:akmenu4.nds
put the update file also there.

Posts merged

you should have this on your sd card

akmenu4.nds
__ak2
Roms
ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds

kielserat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
if you start the dslite,and you are in the acekard menu,you have there a yellow map with roms and then also the update file,take that and it should update

xchopstickzx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys!

Can anyone help me wwith the upgrade step by step because i am a noob with all this firmware updates and all..

I have 2 DSI (US)
1x Version 1.3U
1x Version 1.4U(Updated without knowing the acekard will be blocked)

And i just ordered 2 Acekard 2i.
So from this how do i make both dsi work with the acekard 2i?

Thank you guys in advance!!
biggrin.gif

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
xchopstickzx said:
Hi guys!

Can anyone help me wwith the upgrade step by step because i am a noob with all this firmware updates and all..

I have 2 DSI (US)
1x Version 1.3U

biggrin.gif

Here are the steps: [*]Use your Nintendo DSi with firmware 1.3U. Turn it on.[*]Navigate to Acekard 2i, and press the A button.[*]Navigate to the .nds file for Acekard 2i DSi firmware fix (The DSi version, not DS Lite).[*]Now it's updating your flashcart, wait until it reaches 100%.[*]After that, turn off your DSi, and take out your Acekard 2i.[*]Now put your Acekard on your another DSi, with firmware 1.4.[*]Turn on your another DSi.[*]Navigate to Danny Phatom icon, and there you go! Here is your Acekard 2i firmware!

dinodv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i wonder where all those chaps cursing to the high heavens are?

demanding an update (in the most impolite terms) and threatening to boycott the acekard, lol!

patience young padawans, if they built it, it will come!

tongue.gif

xchopstickzx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antonkan said:
xchopstickzx said:
Hi guys!

I have 2 DSI (US)
1x Version 1.3U

biggrin.gif

Here are the steps: [*]Use your Nintendo DSi with firmware 1.3U. Turn it on.[*]Navigate to Acekard 2i, and press the A button.[*]Navigate to the .nds file for Acekard 2i DSi firmware fix (The DSi version, not DS Lite).[*]Now it's updating your flashcart, wait until it reaches 100%.[*]After that, turn off your DSi, and take out your Acekard 2i.[*]Now put your Acekard on your another DSi, with firmware 1.4.[*]Turn on your another DSi.[*]Navigate to Danny Phatom icon, and there you go! Here is your Acekard 2i firmware!
thank you so muchh! and with the other Acekard 2i i will just update it on the 1.3U DSI and then update that DSI to 1.4?

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
xchopstickzx said:
antonkan said:
xchopstickzx said:
Hi guys!

I have 2 DSI (US)
1x Version 1.3U

biggrin.gif

thank you so muchh! and with the other Acekard 2i i will just update it on the 1.3U DSI and then update that DSI to 1.4?

Yes, you will update your Acekard 2i and then update your DSi firmware to 1.4.

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
Question: If I update my Acekard to this...will it still work on a DSLite?

I have both DSi and DS Lite. So, if possible, I want the card to work with both systems.

EDIT: since I am getting more Acekards sent to me, I will probably keep at least one with original, that works currently with DS Lite and not DSi...and then make other cards current to the DSi.

This way I will never again be screwed by Nintendo.

Basterds.

ReddPaint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMO this is not a true fix but rather a cheap spoof of a published game's (Danny Phantom) icon and info, because the DSi's new security for update 1.4, which will bless booting allowance, only after the game's (in this case "Danny's") checksum verifies that the data hashes are kosher. Most likely this did come from the official Acekard team, but since usage of copy-protected data is in violation of the DMCA, they most likely, will not claim any credit for it, and will not be able to post or distribute on the Acekard website. (in fact, I believe it might have been pulled off of Gbatemp by the powers-who-be within the last hour or so
frown.gif
...)
As for the people who didn't know if they should flash their Acekard because it came from an unknown "Chinese" forum, who the hell do you think makes and services these flashcards, their team are THE CHINESE!!! they are just too smart to post "ak2ifw_update_14" any place on their site except maybe the forums which is a grey area loophole in which the party who is posting illegal content can be held liable for: "A VIOLATION OF SITE AGREEMENT"
wink.gif
wink.gif

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
antonkan said:
Kalisiin said:

Yes, it will work on a Nintendo DS Lite.

Cool, thanks, good to know.

All the same, I'm still keeping one Acekard totally original.

Incidentally, the firmware program...it can be deleted from the SD after you have run the card once?
I did not know this.
Is this true of the old Acekard firmware, AKAIO as well?

Not that it takes up a lot of room or anything...but, would not want TWO "flashing programs" on the same SD, I think that might cause problems, yes?

I'm such a total n00b and unsure about all this stuff, so I want to make sure I do it right...and, from now on, I'm also making sure I have backups of everything, so that, if something gets effed up, I can go back to a point at which everything DID work.

Hence why I'm getting more Acekards.

I hereby vow, that from this day forward, I never again will be screwed over by Nintendo or anyone else. I will have my working flash card!! Take THAT, Nintendo!

EDIT: I won't be denied good homebrew programs just because YOU don't make money from them, Nintendo!! Tough luck. Make what people want. If you won't make it, so I can buy it from you...then don't block me out so that I can't get it somewhere else!

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Kalisiin said:
antonkan said:
Kalisiin said:

Yes, it will work on a Nintendo DS Lite.

Cool, thanks, good to know.

All the same, I'm still keeping one Acekard totally original.

Incidentally, the firmware program...it can be deleted from the SD after you have run the card once?
I did not know this.
Is this true of the old Acekard firmware, AKAIO as well?

Not that it takes up a lot of room or anything...but, would not want TWO "flashing programs" on the same SD, I think that might cause problems, yes?

I'm such a total n00b and unsure about all this stuff, so I want to make sure I do it right...and, from now on, I'm also making sure I have backups of everything, so that, if something gets effed up, I can go back to a point at which everything DID work.

Hence why I'm getting more Acekards.

I hereby vow, that from this day forward, I never again will be screwed over by Nintendo or anyone else. I will have my working flash card!! Take THAT, Nintendo!

Well, it won't delete anything from your microSD card after you use Acekard 2i once.

And Acekard 2's official firmware (version 4.12 and above) and AKAIO (version 1.3 and above, recommend version 1.4.1 Proper) will work on your Nintendo DSi with firmware 1.4 (after the Acekard 2i fix is been updated).

ziv

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Hi guys,

I have a 1.4J DSi and a DSL, i want to update my AK2i fix.

I know the update process, put the fix file .nds on my SD card and put on the DSL then process the .nds file, but i don't know what file should i get the ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds or the ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds ?

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
ziv said:
Hi guys,

I know the update process, put the fix file .nds on my SD card and put on the DSL then process the .nds file, but i don't know what file should i get the ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds or the ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds ?

If you are planning to use the card with a DSi, then you want the second file you mentioned.
If you are only going to use it with a DS Lite, then the first file is what you want, I guess. From what I have been able to determine.
However, it seems the second file...will still work later on with the DS Lite, so you might as well just get the second file, the DSi one. Once you have flashed the card, you can then delete the file from your SD card, if I am correct.

Anyways, after you put the DSi file on your SD card, you will need to put it, for your first use...into a DS Lite...or into a DSi that has NOT had the 1.4 update. Once the card has thus been flashed, you're good to go.

THEN, if you haven't already done so, you can update your DSi to Version 1.4 firmware.

More experienced GBA'ers, tell me if I got this one right.

I'm still in the learning curve, LOL.

ziv

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Kalisiin said:
ziv said:
Hi guys,

If you are planning to use the card with a DSi, then you want the second file you mentioned.
If you are only going to use it with a DS Lite, then the first file is what you want, I guess. From what I have been able to determine.
However, it seems the second file...will still work later on with the DS Lite, so you might as well just get the second file, the DSi one. Once you have flashed the card, you can then delete the file from your SD card, if I am correct.

Anyways, after you put the DSi file on your SD card, you will need to put it, for your first use...into a DS Lite...or into a DSi that has NOT had the 1.4 update. Once the card has thus been flashed, you're good to go.

THEN, if you haven't already done so, you can update your DSi to Version 1.4 firmware.

More experienced GBA'ers, tell me if I got this one right.

I'm still in the learning curve, LOL.
Thanks for your reply.

After your explained i know the fix file just mapping the DS version, however what kind of the DS to update the AK2i.
I also happy hear that DSi fix file can work on the DSL, maybe next Nintendo firmware update i need my AK2i work on the DSL.

But i don't know why they release the ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds file, there only the DSi 1.4 firmware block the flashcard, so we just need the dsi.nds file, do i made a mistake?

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
if you have multiple acekard 2i, use the DSL version on a DS Lite to flash all your Acekard 2i without installing it on each microSD cards on each Acekard 2i. The DSL version will be in the DS LIte's RAM and just insert the rest of tthe acekard 2i you have for easy access on the update.

I hope i understood what Normatt said on his post.

The DSL version is used to unbrick the bricked acekard 2i when you used the DSi version. you must have another acekard 2i for it to be unbricked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...