Hacking Accidentaly Updated my Wii U :( !

bartoruiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
so ive been blocking all the URL with my router D-Link N750
ive block the 6 URL to nintendo server since like Loadiine was announced
on my ping test today only 1 out of the 6 url has successfully been blocked which is (nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net)
the others was not blocked. what did i do wrong.
so fortunate my console was not updated when im using it. (tq smea tubehax)

The "URL blocking" stuff in your router blocks by keywords inspecting your HTTP traffic (aka Web surfing). In more technical words: you are only blocking TCP port 80, other TCP ports (65534) and protocols (ICMP, UDP) are still available to the WiiU. ping uses ICMP, so it's a pointless test.

The best way to test is to open those URLS in the WiiU Browser and they should keep loading and time-out atfer a few secs.

Non blocked WiiUs will instanly display a "404 Not found" default error page, which is still an error from Nintendo servers and means you can "talk" to them and update at some point.

Last edited by bartoruiz,
Reactions: fiveighteen

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so ive been blocking all the URL with my router D-Link N750
ive block the 6 URL to nintendo server since like Loadiine was announced
on my ping test today only 1 out of the 6 url has successfully been blocked which is (nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net)
the others was not blocked. what did i do wrong.
so fortunate my console was not updated when im using it. (tq smea tubehax)

I'm pretty sure dd-wrt or tomato firmwares support your router. You should consider using those firmware's instead of the default one from the manufacturer. Much better options.

Last edited by EclipseSin,
Reactions: Deleted User

ceevee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Elaborate please?

Bartoruiz has already provided some guidance on his post. Some consumer grade routers with default firmware have URL filters that only block requests to webpages. The update servers are not webpages. Even if the URL filter is on, the Wii U may still update. Custom firmware, such as Tomato or DD-WRT offer more robust access restrictions, such as blocking all protocols and all ports to a specific address, which will block updates. Please provide some caution for those utilizing URL blocking in your guide.

Reactions: fiveighteen

Hx7z7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
But how do you transfer all your stuff? Can only do that when up to date. I have hundreds of dollars in purchases on mine.
I didn't have any bought games on my Wii U, just copied my savedata to an usb stick

My new Wii U has already arrived and it has 5.1.2E

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la